Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

A wizard or sorcerer will be one of if not the highest damage dealing party members from level 5 onwards.

It's the spell slots that ruin their enjoyability for me. For some reason, I don't like long resting, but with a sorcerer, it seems I have to do so after every encounter. Or for the weaker encounters, I don't utilize their abilities and instead take more HP losses to the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm going to take dual wielder on my sorcerer and carry two sticks :ssj:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Qubee posted:

It's the spell slots that ruin their enjoyability for me. For some reason, I don't like long resting, but with a sorcerer, it seems I have to do so after every encounter. Or for the weaker encounters, I don't utilize their abilities and instead take more HP losses to the team.

The game kinda forces you to long rest though because that’s how all the plot progression happens. You should be able to go 2-3 encounters between long rests once you’re past the early levels. I don’t bother taking a sorcerer around with me before level 5 usually.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

JBP posted:

I'm going to take dual wielder on my sorcerer and carry two sticks :ssj:

It may not be 'optimal' but I intend to dual wield Mourning Frost and Incandescent Staff for most of the game because the flavour is sick. Fire and ice baybeeee

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Hello friends, save me from my analysis paralysis. Just finished the game on normal and want to do my next playthrough on tactician, using the companions I didn't use last time - Astarion, Karlach and Minthara/Halsin, and I am stuck behind the thought I'll need to pay a bit of attention to powerful classes to be fun. My first playthough was just stuff that I found on it's face, which was great but I struggled with some of the fights, particularly in the midgame. Now I want to melt faces.

So, planning

Karlach as a throwbarb. The key thing here is tavern brawler at 4, is it otherwise Barb 12? And what other key choices do I make?
Astarion as Thief/Monk. That's Thief 3/Monk 9? Open hand monk and what flavour of thief? And what are the key choices? Tavern brawler again?
Tav as a Storm Cleric/Storm Sorcerer. Cleric 2 Sorc 10?
I guess I'll figure out the fourth as I go, assuming I'll be rotating companions for story bits.

Thanks!

Oh, and what key gear am I looking out for?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Qubee posted:

I got rid of Gale lol, utter useless companion. I've replaced him with SH to just pump Zarlach full of HP instead of us needing to waste potions. The spells I had on Gale were:

Level 1 - Witch Bolt, Thunderwave
Level 2 - Web, Enlarge, Shatter, Cloud of Daggers
Level 3 - Fear, Slow

Cantrips are Firebolt, Mage Hands, Ray of Frost and True Strike

My Ranger is using a blue bow by the name of Bow of the Banshee. It does 8-13 damage with +2 acid damage. It also potentially causes Frightened on hit. I've not been able to find anything that hits harder, either during looting or at stores.

Wizards are useless, apparently. lol.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wizards are useless, apparently. lol.

- a sorcerer

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ok so its becoming clear i have a complete reluctance to long rest ever because of residual feelings from bg2 20 years ago, and i can't even recall why long resting was bad in that game?

other residual feelings from bg2 include:

the magic system is incomprehensible, expend every resource into ganking wizards in the first turn
drows can be fixed
if it has a goatee, it's lying

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Hello friends, save me from my analysis paralysis. Just finished the game on normal and want to do my next playthrough on tactician, using the companions I didn't use last time - Astarion, Karlach and Minthara/Halsin, and I am stuck behind the thought I'll need to pay a bit of attention to powerful classes to be fun. My first playthough was just stuff that I found on it's face, which was great but I struggled with some of the fights, particularly in the midgame. Now I want to melt faces.

So, planning

Karlach as a throwbarb. The key thing here is tavern brawler at 4, is it otherwise Barb 12? And what other key choices do I make?
Astarion as Thief/Monk. That's Thief 3/Monk 9? Open hand monk and what flavour of thief? And what are the key choices? Tavern brawler again?
Tav as a Storm Cleric/Storm Sorcerer. Cleric 2 Sorc 10?
I guess I'll figure out the fourth as I go, assuming I'll be rotating companions for story bits.

Thanks!

Oh, and what key gear am I looking out for?

Gear is too much of an effort post for when I’m on my phone but just doing basic specs:

1. Throwbarian is beserker barbarian 5; thief rogue 3 (so you can get an extra bonus action to throw with) and champion fighter 4 (for action surge and the crits). Tavern brawler first and ASI second.

2. For your sorcerer, draconic is better. The build is 1 level of wizard, 2 of tempest cleric, and 9 of sorcerer. You need to take your sorcerer levels last. I suggest starting out as a sorcerer, and then respecing at level 8 or whenever you’ve found or bought a scroll of lightning bolt. You need 16 int, and 17 Cha, then you max out Cha. You need an ASI for Cha and elemental adept - lightning.

3. Tavern monk is monk 9/thief rogue 3, typically you take the thief levels at 7/8/9. Tavern brawler first of course.

4. Other builds I really like are swords bard 6/spore Druid 2/Fighter 4 (archer build, ends up even more busted than throwbarian) and swords bard 8/Paladin 2/fighter 4 (take the paladin levels at 7&8) which is a crazy busted melee build.

5. You can also never go wrong with plain old level 12 battle master fighter with great weapon mastery.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

ok so its becoming clear i have a complete reluctance to long rest ever because of residual feelings from bg2 20 years ago, and i can't even recall why long resting was bad in that game?

other residual feelings from bg2 include:

the magic system is incomprehensible, expend every resource into ganking wizards in the first turn
drows can be fixed
if it has a goatee, it's lying

Those old games would have a random chance of you being ambushed if you rested outside of town. The magic system is much better now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Geekboy posted:

This was a miss for me. Just read as “I’m being soooo random anyway I hate the only female character who shows up in the whole video sooooooo raaaannnnndoooommmmmm”

all of the seemingly random bullshit in that video, including murdering shadowheart, sticking her in a box and setting it on fire is actually part of the speedrun

grinnard
Apr 10, 2012

Monathin posted:

The funniest thing about the world map to me is if you look at the actual Faerun world map and where the game says you are (You're travelling along the River Chionthar between Elteruel and Baldur's Gate) that exactly 0% of the geography/topography makes a loving lick of sense.

What bothers me about this map is that all of act 1 and act 2 are on the north side of the river, then when you get to Wyrms Rock you explicitly cross over the river to Baldurs Gate... which is also on the north side of the river

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Lord Bude posted:

Gear is too much of an effort post for when I’m on my phone but just doing basic specs:

1. Throwbarian is beserker barbarian 5; thief rogue 3 (so you can get an extra bonus action to throw with) and champion fighter 4 (for action surge and the crits). Tavern brawler first and ASI second.

2. For your sorcerer, draconic is better. The build is 1 level of wizard, 2 of tempest cleric, and 9 of sorcerer. You need to take your sorcerer levels last. I suggest starting out as a sorcerer, and then respecing at level 8 or whenever you’ve found or bought a scroll of lightning bolt. You need 16 int, and 17 Cha, then you max out Cha. You need an ASI for Cha and elemental adept - lightning.

3. Tavern monk is monk 9/thief rogue 3, typically you take the thief levels at 7/8/9. Tavern brawler first of course.

4. Other builds I really like are swords bard 6/spore Druid 2/Fighter 4 (archer build, ends up even more busted than throwbarian) and swords bard 8/Paladin 2/fighter 4 (take the paladin levels at 7&8) which is a crazy busted melee build.

5. You can also never go wrong with plain old level 12 battle master fighter with great weapon mastery.

Thanks! I did bard and battle master last time round, so trying something new.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I agree that a martial party is a bit more fun to play around with since you can extend your time between long rests a little more, especially in the early game. But with the way camp events are set up, Larian wants you to be long resting every 2-3 fights anyhow. Magic Missile has been nice for longevity because you can get the amulet in Act 1 for an extra cast and Ne'er Misser in Moonrise Towers for a free Level 3 MM on every short rest. And no, you don't actually have to be proficient with heavy crossbows to use it! Other clutch pickups for casters are the spell slot restoring amulets, one sold by Omeluum in the Underdark and the second from the Warden in Moonrise.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Your true strike + witchbolt wizard should be tearing the game up, not sure what the issue is. Is he wearing a cowboy hat?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Wizards and Sorcs both don't really begin to take off until lvl 5 where their cantrips get an extra die and they get their lvl 3 spells. After that they can usually turn a bad fight into a good one. Counterspell, Haste, Fireball, and Lighting Bolt in particular can swing a fight in your favor very quickly.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 3, 2024

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Thanks! I did bard and battle master last time round, so trying something new.

Nothing wrong with a big butch Paladin either, It’s not in the same tier as the others I listed but still very good. Lots of people like doing Warlock 7/Paladin 5 too, I’m not a fan for various reasons I’ve espoused on at length already in this thread, but it’s certainly very popular.

Gear wise:

Throwing barbarians should look out for gloves and a ring that add damage to throwing attacks, as well as the returning pike that you buy from the goblin camp; which will be your main weapon till act 3; and the trident that you get by pissing off the genie in the circus and having him teleport you to the jungle. Be mindful that the trident can get annoying sometimes because it does splash damage over a decent area so you should also keep the returning pike in your pack for situations where you don’t want to do aoe damage.

There is also a hammer you can get in act 3 that does a massive amount of extra damage but only if you’re a dwarf - worth considering in case you want to mix things up and make your Tav the thrower.

Sorcerers get a lot of gear especially later on, look for stuff that increases spell DC, but in particular you want the staff Markoheskir, from Larroakan’s tower; the book that lets you scribe the Art of War spell; and there is a great robe and matching hat - the robe is also in larroakan’s tower, the hat you buy from Mystic Carrion.

There is an amulet that will boost your spell DC and give you an extra use of your channel divinity power if you do the tempest cleric/wizard/sorc build - you get it from the basement of Stormshore tabernacle.

Monks have a ton of great gear throughout the game; key end pieces are the boots that let you add wis modifier to damage (dropped from one of the githyanki monks); robe (sold at sorcerous sundries - buy it before you confront larroakan) headgear (in a chest upstairs at devil’s fee) and gloves - reward for saving Hope.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Thanks. Last question, for the sorc build, is the level of wizard just to abuse the spellbook so you can learn more spells?

Feel like I'd prefer to just do cleric 2 sorc 1

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm just going full storm sorcerer. On tactician you still don't really need to go crazy making every build the best. Being able to fly up onto something high up and rain poo poo on things is awesome fun, although more lightning damage and high AC from draconic is very tempting.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The game is easy enough that you are never really required to go crazy with multiclassing. My first run was almost a pure monoclass on every character and I triumphed over the Cult of the Absolute all the same. Once you start thinking more about potential item synergies and class level breakpoints then multiclassing becomes an entertaining thought exercise, but even then, many classes like Fighter or Druid are perfectly happy staying at 12/12 forever.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Monoclassing is perfectly fine, and fighters really benefit from that extra extra attack at lvl 11. Multiclassing is for using certain combos to utterly break the game over your knee (Monk+Rogue, Sorc+Warlock, Bard+anything, etc.).

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Thanks. Last question, for the sorc build, is the level of wizard just to abuse the spellbook so you can learn more spells?

Feel like I'd prefer to just do cleric 2 sorc 1

Yes, but it’s important in this build in particular because although you’ll have level 6 spell slots, you can’t learn level 6 spells at level up since you never get to sorc level 11 - so you need the wizard level to scribe chain lightning, which is the most important spell of the build - the entire endgame point of the build in fact. And scribing a scroll is also the only way to learn art of war, which is a super powerful spell. You get one cast of chain lightning via Markoheskir, which will be Cha based, but then your other 3 casts will be Int based, so get 17 int.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

exquisite tea posted:

The game is easy enough that you are never really required to go crazy with multiclassing. My first run was almost a pure monoclass on every character and I triumphed over the Cult of the Absolute all the same. Once you start thinking more about potential item synergies and class level breakpoints then multiclassing becomes an entertaining thought exercise, but even then, many classes like Fighter or Druid are perfectly happy staying at 12/12 forever.

I hesitate the say the game is easy, I know that generally this thread doesn't have issues with the base gameplay but I've seen a lot of people who are new to CRPGs or don't have any system familiarity struggle at times, there are a lot of details that take time for people to absorb an understand if they're coming at it new. Having said that, I do agree that you don't have to worry about multiclassing to get through it - the base classes are generally strong enough on their own that you don't have to dip into multiple classes unless you have some specific build in mind or really want to push the limits. I think people will get much better mileage from focusing on understanding game mechanics and how to best utilize terrain, equipment, and bonuses. Those will take you a long way and the improved game sense will also help inform you on how multiclassing can be leveraged.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Snake Maze posted:

My biggest takeaway from honor mode so far is holy poo poo sword bards are insane, especially multiclassed with fighter. Sure, I'll make 9 attacks on the first round of combat, without any buffs, that sounds fair. Or maybe I'll go easy and just make 8 attacks, with a poison applied to my weapon. Oh and all those attacks get a ton of bonus damage from flourish + sharpshooter, and if you use the hand crossbow that does force damage all that extra damage is force damage too, so almost nothing resists it. Did I mention both hands are free for melee gear that gives good bonuses, like the knife that makes it easier to crit?

Insane that all the melee aoes have microscopic range and big drawbacks (sweeping attack costs a superiority dice and does 1d8. Not your weapon damage + 1d8 like all the other battle master skills, just a flat 1d8) and then the ranged version of slashing flourish just doubles your attacks with no downside.

What level and which ways do you multiclass into fighter? Cause this sounds fun!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Thundarr posted:

Maybe a dumb question, but if I dip into a few levels of Fighter as a throwbarb, does the Archery fighting style apply to thrown weapons or only specifically to bows and crossbows? The wiki actually isn't clear on that.

For that matter, does Great Weapon Fighting apply to throwing melee weapons or only if you are actually taking a swing with one?

Not what you asked, but I know you can get gloves that boost throwing from the dwarf lady in the Underdark.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

10 Beers posted:

What level and which ways do you multiclass into fighter? Cause this sounds fun!

Almost every single class in the game can benefit from going at least 2 Fighter for Action Surge. Another common breakpoint is 4 Champion for more critz. 6/6 can also work because that's when you get your bonus feat. Anything past that and you're just a Fighter.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

10 Beers posted:

I'd say go 6 levels into sword bard (since that's when you get extra attack), then take 4 levels in fighter (you only need 2 for the action surge, but 2 more gets you a subclass and a perk so probably worth it). Dual wield fighting style from sword bard, archery fighting style from fighter, take sharpshooter for your first perk and dual wield hand crossbows. The risky ring is very nice so you can have sharpshooter turned on all the time, but if someone else needs it you can do well just toggling sharpshooter on and off as needed. Keep an eye out for any gear that gives extra damage on each attack, like the gloves dammon builds that give +1d4 fire damage or the circlet that gives arcane synergy.

Level 8 is when you get action surge, which is what makes the alpha strike really insane, but you're still very strong before it, you just have to spread your flourishes out over two turns. I went champion fighter for more crits, but you could probably make a good case for battlemaster too, which gives you more resources to burn on turn 2 for the harder fights (and the ranged knockdown can be especially valuable on honor to prevent legendary actions).

You can go either 6/6 or 8/4 and get the same amount of perks. I think 8 bard/4 fighter is better because you get one more inspiration by the end (Or maybe even 6/4/2, adding in spore druid for the extra 1d6 on each attack from symbiotic entity instead of a perk?). But someone else who's used the build before might be able to speak more about the lategame, I'm still just near the end of act II in my playthrough.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

I'd say go 6 levels into sword bard (since that's when you get extra attack), then take 4 levels in fighter (you only need 2 for the action surge, but 2 more gets you a subclass and a perk so probably worth it). Dual wield fighting style from sword bard, archery fighting style from fighter, take sharpshooter for your first perk and dual wield hand crossbows. The risky ring is very nice so you can have sharpshooter turned on all the time, but if someone else needs it you can do well just toggling sharpshooter on and off as needed. Keep an eye out for any gear that gives extra damage on each attack, like the gloves dammon builds that give +1d4 fire damage or the circlet that gives arcane synergy.

Level 8 is when you get action surge, which is what makes the alpha strike really insane, but you're still very strong before it, you just have to spread your flourishes out over two turns. I went champion fighter for more crits, but you could probably make a good case for battlemaster too, which gives you more resources to burn on turn 2 for the harder fights (and the ranged knockdown can be especially valuable on honor to prevent legendary actions).

You can go either 6/6 or 8/4 and get the same amount of perks. I think 8 bard/4 fighter is better because you get one more inspiration by the end (Or maybe even 6/4/2, adding in spore druid for the extra 1d6 on each attack from symbiotic entity instead of a perk?). But someone else who's used the build before might be able to speak more about the lategame, I'm still just near the end of act II in my playthrough.

I’m a huge fan of 6 bard/2 spore druid/4 fighter - I typically go battle master, since then you have something to do after you run out of flourishes - for the extra damage, and also the spore druid armor that lets you cast a haste cloud - each turn get your guys to run into it, they get haste for the turn without lethargy. You can only use it once per long rest but it’s nutty on the big fights. This is a great archer build. you typically want the bow that gives you an extra +4 to hit, so you’ll do 6 attacks in round 1, which ends up being 10 actual shots. take dual wielding as well though, you can use knife of the undermountain king to increase your crits and rhapsody to give you +3 attack and damage to each shot.

and if you want a melee swords bard then of course, 8 swords bard/2 paladin/2 fighter. Also dual wield. You can do 5 attacks per turn which can become 9 if you have enemies close together to use the dual attack flourish.

put bloodthirst in your offhand and run past enemies to trigger attacks of opportunity as well, which you can then retaliate against - and your smites trigger off those too.

I have one of each build in my party so the melee one ends up hasted as well from the spores

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

When asking for advice in this thread, its good to remember that for some people giving advice, the standard is "combat should never last longer than 2 rounds, maybe 3 for bosses". This is certainly a point of view, but maybe not how you want to play the game.

You can do the entire game without multi-classing and if you're having trouble, you'll get more improvement from looking at all your abilities and making sure you understand what they all do. You shouldn't multi-class unless you understand why you're doing it, and what you're getting out of it and what you're giving up in exchange. It's not a huge cost to play around with it though and you're not going to permanently wreck your character but you want to make sure you end up with a build that you're happy with and know how to use.

If you do want to multiclass, I would suggest holding off until after level 7-8 and then going to Withers and respeccing. You almost always want at least 5 levels in 1 class, since spellcasters get powerful spells at that level, and martial characters mostly get a second attack then. Everyone also gets a feat at level 4, and whether you have a build-defining feat, or just an ability score improvement, its still a big bump in power.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
i beat the game the first time w/o any multiclassing and didn't have any troubles on normal difficulty so yeah, you do not need to min-max unless you're trying harder stuff

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Yenna!

She’s back and sells soup. Sorry Grub.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Black Noise posted:

Yenna!

She’s back and sells soup. Sorry Grub.

Wait she sells it?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Mistakenly teleported to Goblin Camp and immediately aggro'd the entire place. Last time I was here was roughly at level 3 and the thought of taking on the horde would have been suicide. I couldn't save scum as I'd lose a lot of progress and didn't want to backtrack, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Most of my part was at half health, we had no spell slots left, but I was hoping that being level 6 would give us a distinct advantage.

The gobbos were slaughtered. At one point, Karlach was throwing javelins and just picking them all off one by one (does the type of thrown weapon make a difference on damage done?). Astarion was slinking about and mist stepping all over the place whilst critical striking everyone so much as looking sideways at him. I've respec'd my Ranger to be more of a tank and he was wading about in the thick of it just one shotting goblins with his adamantium scimitar.

Massacring about 20 goblins is really fun.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 3, 2024

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Poisoning all the goblins is fun too

Zirak
Oct 17, 2018
Has anyone else run into a bug since Patch 5 where Mol and Raphael no longer play chess? After the intro scene when getting to Last Light Raphael is on his chair but Mol is standing next to hers and doesn't take it. Talking to her just has her say a line about waiting for someone else. Talking to Raphael starts dialogue without the chess match. It's a bummer as I really liked that scene. Googling it seems to confirm it's a bug from Patch 5 but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered it?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Zirak posted:

Has anyone else run into a bug since Patch 5 where Mol and Raphael no longer play chess? After the intro scene when getting to Last Light Raphael is on his chair but Mol is standing next to hers and doesn't take it. Talking to her just has her say a line about waiting for someone else. Talking to Raphael starts dialogue without the chess match. It's a bummer as I really liked that scene. Googling it seems to confirm it's a bug from Patch 5 but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered it?

Yes, I saw that on my last playthrough. I'm guessing that's some sort of tripped plot flag where the game counts Mol as dead at that point even when she is very obviously not.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The Lord Bude posted:

Wait she sells it?

Yeah she just sells soups. And weirdly she is also included with the other part members in the camp so you can use her as an extra inventory if you want. Or just steal her soup if you don't want to pay for it.

Just saw a cute multi class combo that I don't think I've seen brought up here: warlock 2 / tempest cleric 1 / abjuration wizard 9. Warlock mainly for Armor of Agathys and the Armor of Shadows invocation, cleric mainly for easy Create Water and several useful non-arcane spells. The wizard levels are mostly focused on ice spells. Basically you abuse the poo poo out of free Mage Armor casts to keep your abjuration ward maxed out and deliberately ruin past enemies to provoke opportunity attacks, which you've reduced to essentially nothing (thanks to the abjuration ability + Blade Ward) but nukes them back for heavy damage from Armor of Agathys and Flame Shield. And then the usual elemental spell antics, but with ice and freezing / prone people instead of chain lightning nukes.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 3, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stealing soup from the orphan girl, drat, so many ways to be evil in this game

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

By the time you get soup access she'll probably let it slide. I also found out how to use script extender to weld the clothing to a member of our co-op run. If you're going to run around bare assed then you are taking an AC penalty chump.

Thundarr posted:

And weirdly she is also included with the other part members in the camp so you can use her as an extra inventory if you want. Or just steal her soup if you don't want to pay for it.

Saw that and thought I broke the game. Now what happens if they fix it and people lose their Orphan of Holding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I tried builds with 2 levels of spore druid but I didn't like it that much because it's quite fiddly in practice. Your 1d6 bonus damage and spore cloud stuff is tied to Symbiotic Entity which has 4 temp HP per level... so, 8. That means if you take a hit you're quite likely to lose your 8 HP Symbiotic Entity form.

It's neat in theory but when I played around with it, it works sometimes and sometimes the character has their spore form popped and it'll take a full action to reuse it, plus you only have the 2 Wild Shape charges.

I certainly see where it can work as a max/min thing but it adds the fiddliness of keeping your 8 HP spore form active.

edit: also you do not need to min-max on Tactician or even Honour mode. There are many many builds that are merely "strong" and not completely min-maxed, and you'll do just fine with those.

slightly gauche to link your own posts but I talked about pieces of builds that you commonly see in multiclasses because they're particularly powerful, they might be useful to think about your own builds: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4049117&pagenumber=48&perpage=40#post536802262

ofc there's other stuff I'm sure I missed

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 3, 2024