Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I got the HE variant in one which was cool, but I just couldn't pass up big C as I know she would be ridiculous for a while at least.

Seeing Loki being changed, I went for it. Took 4 keys, getting Nebula finally, even though I bought the winter variant of her already, but the random card was MODOK, who I just today noted I wanted for discard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

none of you can convince me Shadow King isn't the best card in the game

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Fate Accomplice posted:

He's definitely up there. The guy has come a long way from his days as a 4 cost to be sure.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The HE variant is the first time I've looked at a spotlight variant and went "well, gotta have that".

So of course it was the fourth thing I got.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fate Accomplice posted:

Before today, I'd say he was neck and neck with Shang for best tech card, but now that Caiera is in the mix? Yeah, probably.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I now have two rad variants for HE, a card that only sees the board if things are going poorly.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Fartington Butts posted:

I now have two rad variants for HE, a card that only sees the board if things are going poorly.

At least he pops up before each game. It's a special variant just for you!

The animated background of the new one looks so cool, I can't imagine ever splitting it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fate Accomplice posted:

4/3 - Useless trash
3/3 - C3 and Surfer. Maybe.
2/3 - Dominates everything!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

every other deck i've played against has been HE how do I counter this fucker

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Just a heads up that if you bought the season pass you can get a free mystery variant from the website shop since there is a new whale reward track thing there again this month

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ijyt posted:

every other deck i've played against has been HE how do I counter this fucker

Loki with Mobius is drat near a free roll, just don't get caught by Cosmo. In general, this is an amazing moment for Thick Loki. Grinding 73-93 the last day or so I've only seen a couple of mirrors, and the list below dumpsters all the other Thick Boi decks clogging up the meta. It plays a lot of generically good cards, so it can compete on fair terms when it doesn't have the nuts. Loki, of course, lets you play their late game against them at a discount and Mobius is thriving. Something like 90% of decks are running cost reduction. Zabu is fuckin' everywhere.

Enjoy the deck now while you can, in case the Loki change next week puts it out of contention.

KM Best video with a breakdown of a very similar deck and some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNGY4Sei97A&t=84s

Bad Video Games posted:

4/3 - Useless trash
3/3 - C3 and Surfer. Maybe.
2/3 - Dominates everything!

The difference in power and playability between 3 and 2 cost is absurd, so pretty much exactly this, yes.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jan 3, 2024

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Skippy McPants posted:

Loki with Mobius is drat near a free roll, just don't get caught by Cosmo.

I'm seeing HE running Rogue to deal with MMMobius so watch out for that.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Always fun to see the tech card arms race

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I'm Pool 3 complete! Started playing in July?, the phoenix force season. Black Widow was my last card, from the free season card. I've never bought a season pass, have literally spent only £2 on that really good value bundle a few weeks back.

Next targets are pinned Nimrod, 200 tokens away, and saving four keys for Grandmaster/Hit Monkey/Loki week.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Why Nimrod? He's a pretty marginal card.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

The difference in power and playability between 3 and 2 cost is absurd, so pretty much exactly this, yes.

I know. It just amuses me.I'm waiting to see Shadow King go to 3/2 because he's too strong.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Beasteh posted:

Always fun to see the tech card arms race

Yeah it's also a little sad that you can run 80% tech decks and they still perform decently because cards are so big and crazy now.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
My goldfish rear end brain always forgets how many bots there are at the start of the season and then I just stare confused at my opponents’ plays

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I wish they didn't program the bots to retreat so often. Cubes are fake! Give me my dopamine hit!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hobo Clown posted:

I wish they didn't program the bots to retreat so often. Cubes are fake! Give me my dopamine hit!
Yeah I had a very obvious bot retreat on me earlier which is dumb as hell

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Wafflecop posted:

I'm Pool 3 complete! Started playing in July?, the phoenix force season. Black Widow was my last card, from the free season card. I've never bought a season pass, have literally spent only £2 on that really good value bundle a few weeks back.

Next targets are pinned Nimrod, 200 tokens away, and saving four keys for Grandmaster/Hit Monkey/Loki week.

Start saving caches because in 6 days time (on the 9th) there is a series drop and a bunch of cards are moving down so you will no longer be S3 complete

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Beasteh posted:

Start saving caches because in 6 days time (on the 9th) there is a series drop and a bunch of cards are moving down so you will no longer be S3 complete

Related to this, if you have none of the five cards dropping to S3, it will take an average of 23.5 Collector's Reserve to unlock them all.

And some of them are even playable!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

While visiting family for the holidays I found a ton of old Pokemon cards. I decided to install the phone game out of curiosity and holy poo poo their foil variations are extremely cool compared to what we get in Snap. In Snap I don't even like using any variation other than a gold background because everything else looks like rear end.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Loki with Mobius is drat near a free roll, just don't get caught by Cosmo. In general, this is an amazing moment for Thick Loki. Grinding 73-93 the last day or so I've only seen a couple of mirrors, and the list below dumpsters all the other Thick Boi decks clogging up the meta. It plays a lot of generically good cards, so it can compete on fair terms when it doesn't have the nuts. Loki, of course, lets you play their late game against them at a discount and Mobius is thriving. Something like 90% of decks are running cost reduction. Zabu is fuckin' everywhere.

Enjoy the deck now while you can, in case the Loki change next week puts it out of contention.

KM Best video with a breakdown of a very similar deck and some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNGY4Sei97A&t=84s

i dont have like, half these cards lol. I'm currently getting wrecked by move decks too, which this thread seems to think are toddler-level so I feel like theres a bit of a schism in experiences

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ijyt posted:

i dont have like, half these cards lol. I'm currently getting wrecked by move decks too, which this thread seems to think are toddler-level so I feel like theres a bit of a schism in experiences

Move decks can get very popular, they’re just complicated to use and don’t often build as much as you’d like.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ijyt posted:

Ahh, okay. If you're collection limited then you're probably best off assembling the strongest meta deck your cards allow and not worrying too much about which matchups are good/bad. Unless you have a full or near-full collection then changing decks to suit what you're playing against isn't gonna be a good call. Better to play a strong deck that's weak against some things than a weak deck that's strong against some things.

Are you S3 complete, and if so, which S4/5 staples do you have?

Edit: as for which tech cards can help you with HE there's,

Mobius: screws up their T7 She-Hulk bullshit
Legion: to scam Limbo
Shang Chi: have to be 2nd prio and he's harder to use now that Caiera is in
Killmonger: Also harder with Caiera. Don't wait to play him on T3 if you have prio

Really, Caiera hardened the deck a lot against common tech, since HE really depends on it's 1/6-drops and she protects both.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 3, 2024

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

The Sean posted:

While visiting family for the holidays I found a ton of old Pokemon cards. I decided to install the phone game out of curiosity and holy poo poo their foil variations are extremely cool compared to what we get in Snap. In Snap I don't even like using any variation other than a gold background because everything else looks like rear end.

Some gold splits look like rear end as well, like Magneto's Piss Puddle

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ijyt posted:

I don't know that I would call move decks toddler level. They're actually incredibly hard to play well and are one of the strongest things you can do in pool 2. That being said, they get outclassed and outscaled very quickly by mid pool 3.

e: Did you open Caiera? Play Blue Marvel Ka-zoo. I think it would be seriously strong at your CL. Unplayable without the Caiera protection though.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
The best way to beat HE imo is just overpower them with sheer numbers. Living Tribunal, Lockjaw, beefy Ongoing, Blob, Shuri, Hela, even Destroy can do work.

But yeah InSheNaut is basically just draw your Mobius or Scarlet Witch and snap. Boring rear end deck.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
He limbo leech will gently caress you up if you're not careful

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Caiera animation needs to go, good lord it’s so slow and irritating

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Beasteh posted:

Some gold splits look like rear end as well, like Magneto's Piss Puddle

lol, I will need to check that out

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Opopanax posted:

Move decks can get very popular, they’re just complicated to use and don’t often build as much as you’d like.

Posting this deck again because it's fun as hell and your opponent doesn't know how to handle it. There's a ton of randomness to it, but it can do well against everything.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Firebert posted:

Caiera animation needs to go, good lord it’s so slow and irritating

It's Kazaar all over again.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just a heads up that if you bought the season pass you can get a free mystery variant from the website shop since there is a new whale reward track thing there again this month

Thanks for this

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Sean posted:

lol, I will need to check that out

Dare you enter his magical realm?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Lol it certainly does look like a puddle of piss

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I am killing it on the mystery variants these last couple days.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone have an updated HE list with Celiera ( Whatever I have no idea who she is and her name has too many vowels ).

Also, a question, a lot of people post images of their decks, screen shotted from the app. Why is that a popular way to share a deck vs. the 'share deck' code that is easily generated/copy pasted to create the deck? It feels like taking a screenshot and uploading it is way more work!

Unless you literally just want to show off your variants/splits I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Anyone have an updated HE list with Celiera ( Whatever I have no idea who she is and her name has too many vowels ).

Skaar's mom, Caiera, killed by the shuttle (which brought Hulk to the planet) when it blew up (which was a bomb planted by people of the planet loyal to the king the Hulk had defeated).