Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got a picture of Starry, is blurry because she kept headbutting the camera.

That's right, she apparently liked last night so much she came to ME unprompted for pets. She's currently on my lap, purring up a storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

its a trap over 100% of the time

Kwyndig posted:

That's right, she apparently liked last night so much she came to ME unprompted for pets. She's currently on my lap, purring up a storm.

hell yeah

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kwyndig posted:

hi starry :3:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the only part i dont like about cats is cat farts. rare but utterly devastating. a pestilence. a putrid despair on the living room

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Kwyndig posted:

Omg hi baby!

Shes like beep without the forehead blaze, very cute.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Kwyndig posted:

omg starry!!!!! youre doin so good baby girl

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Smooches for Starry

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Kwyndig posted:

Sierra Mist cat

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Cactus Ghost posted:

the only part i dont like about cats is cat farts. rare but utterly devastating. a pestilence. a putrid despair on the living room
baby has the worst god drat poops and/or farts. I'm not sure which it is, but it motivates me to eventually make enough to afford a separate apartment to crash in.

edit: currently watching the baby leap from one side of the living room to the other because ???? reasons.

ladyweapon fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 3, 2024

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my analogy is that dogs are like fossil fuel power plants: generally dirty and continuously emitting pollution into their environment, but it's a low-level pollutant and you can learn to live with it

whereas cats are like nuclear reactors: squeaky clean and generally emission-free except for the periodic creation of a small amount of extraordinarily noxious radioactive waste

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pud, Bonbon and Cookie have never farted. Their poops are noxious if unburied though.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

my analogy is that dogs are like fossil fuel power plants: generally dirty and continuously emitting pollution into their environment, but it's a low-level pollutant and you can learn to live with it

whereas cats are like nuclear reactors: squeaky clean and generally emission-free except for the periodic creation of a small amount of extraordinarily noxious radioactive waste

also i prefer cleaning up the siloed, buried, and relatively small amount of cat poo poo over the ever increasing amount of dog emissions that get everywhere

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Sagebrush posted:

"this catbox is not a place of honor"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dogs do that to express their anal glands right? Good thing that almost never happens to cats/you have to get a vet to take care of it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Don't worry, you frequently have to get the vet to finger the dog's rear end too

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

yeah dogs always need to have they anal glans expressed. that's not even a thing you need to go to the vet for, groomers do it as a service. dogs just walk around with full anal glands all the time, ready to blast

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

e:

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Poor Jet, I hope the vet has something to help him.

Hi Ms. Starry! it’s good to see you out and about

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

he’s definitely not happy, noticeably restless and not grazing on his food as much. guts are probably churning too much for comfort. he’s going to the vet tomorrow anyway so i’m waiting on a callback to ask for some assistance while we wait for the delayed meds. maybe some anti-nausea meds, some appetite stimulants. painkillers? idk what you give a cat with a leaky gut, really

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
anyone have a way for cats to brush themselves better?

long story short we have a skittish pair and they've stopped grooming each other (still pretty fastidious overall) and although Pearl is lovey, Pocket will NOT let us brush him. terrified of any gloves we've tried, absolutely will not abide the furminator etc

we used to have a lovely bottle brush style arch thing that pompeii was too big for and wasn't interested in, should I just find an updated cat tree or something with full body brush options?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Pocket looks like a shorthair so at least you won't have to worry about fur matting...

Have you tried this sort of thing?
https://www.amazon.com/Softer-Groomer-Massage-Scratcher-Grooming/dp/B0827BZZVQ?th=1
Of course it's fully up to the cat to actually use them.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

catte i met while geocaching with wife. geocat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

goblin week posted:

catte i met while geocaching with wife. geocat

Legally speaking, it's your cat now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i love when there are cats just out in the world being cats

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Normal Morning

https://i.imgur.io/F2T5J2k.mp4

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
milly turns orange in the sun :3:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

graph posted:

milly turns orange in the sun :3:

She's definitely a color :sun:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's her solar cells charging, soon she will be filled with the power of the sun! Which she will use to nap.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
can someone link me to a good fort warms my cats are grumpy because it's cold outside.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Boogalo posted:

She's definitely a color :sun:

:kimchi:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Starry is actually hanging out in the living room with me. I think I might have a cat guys. I'm so happy, even if she is stealing Alby's bed. He'll be fine though, he has his spot on the couch.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
i love cat

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

neongrey posted:

i love cat

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Mr. Nice! posted:

can someone link me to a good fort warms my cats are grumpy because it's cold outside.

This is THE fort warms but they a bit expensive at the moment. You can also just get a standalone pad for cheaper and stuff it under the cushion of any existing beds you have, or just put a folded towell or blanket on top of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Products-Thermo-Kitty-Heated-Small-Inches/dp/B07HMLDPDJ

warmer pad: https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Products-Bed-Warmer-Small/dp/B001AZSR68

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Kwyndig posted:

Starry is actually hanging out in the living room with me. I think I might have a cat guys. I'm so happy, even if she is stealing Alby's bed. He'll be fine though, he has his spot on the couch.

Aw she was scared and now she feels more secure.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Boogalo posted:

This is THE fort warms but they a bit expensive at the moment. You can also just get a standalone pad for cheaper and stuff it under the cushion of any existing beds you have, or just put a folded towell or blanket on top of it.

thanks. my cats are harassing me hardcore about letting the house get into the 60s.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Boogalo posted:

or buy from chewy https://www.chewy.com/kh-pet-products-thermo-kitty-cat-bed/dp/54489

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

this finally prompted me to get a chewy account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

If you get food from chewy you can add incidentals to your auto ship and save a lil too.