Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I called off today because some days you just have to Hit Da Bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

FizFashizzle posted:

Has there ever been a parent who said “yeah my kid is loving dumb”

Wait until there are two of them yelling and running through the house and they collide full speed into each other coming around a corner. You hear the crack of the impact, a quarter second of shocked silence, then simultaneous crying unhappy children. It was really really hard not to burst out laughing because you could see it coming a mile away but it had to happen sometime.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I think I have the flu. Yesterday I didn’t leave the bathroom much and today my entire body aches. No fever. I’m probably dying RIP me

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I took the rest of the week off work because my sister is a dummy who moved across the country with her boyfriend and doesn’t have a job or driver’s license and she and the bf broke up and now she has to move back in with our parents. Excited to spend the next few days doing nothing but driving and moving stuff out of a third floor walkup.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Flu is definitely going around. I’ve been sick 2 days so far

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Flu is definitely going around. I’ve been sick 2 days so far

The relatively sleep ER close to my current EMS district had the walls lined with beds and had no beds upstairs for admissions last week.

Its as bad as I've seen it since they had to turn an entire stepdown floor into Covid ICU.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Got my adderal today and will start tomorrow. I also just found ou ER is on Hulu so I'm starting psuedo-rewatch since I kinda remember watching various parts at different times. That show had a stacked cast.

Yeah we started watching this a few months ago, but then my GF kept fuckin watching it while I was working and basically blew through two seasons without me so I got lost and fell off it :argh:

Season one was extremely fun to watch and we both had our different nostalgia trips because our parents both religiously watched it when it aired when we were both kids. Also yeah, had a hearty lol when Frank Gallagher showed up as a Chief of Surgery, what a great new scam for him!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

What kind of monster lacks the restraint to avoid watching a series you’re sharing together?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Freaquency posted:

What kind of monster lacks the restraint to avoid watching a series you’re sharing together?

I have secretly watched new episodes of a show my wife and I watch together and then pretended to watch it again for the first time with her. I have done this literally hundreds of times, for entire seasons of some shows in fact.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oof that sucks. We have a huge crawl space that stays pretty constant temp regardless of how cold or hot it gets so we knew we had room.

It was also a chest freezer so.

So like…is the fridge literally stuck still? Please take pics.

i'll photograph my dumbassery next time i head into the kitchen but it's not that interesting to look at tbh, it isn't stuck like "wedged into a space" or "literally smashed into a wall" though we did come perilously close

it's on a landing between two sets of stairs downward, and the ~2 inches of clearance on 2 sides of it are not enough to fit any sort of tooling or manpower to muscle it in any particular direction. there's an exterior door leading to that landing that opens inward...or it would if there wasn't a refrigerator in the way
the only sides with any clearance are back up the stairs or the right hand turn down the rest of the stairs fully into the basement.

in either event the stairs are hilariously more steep than i remember them being, so even though i have a dolly it's completely useless. if i tried to get under it and bring it back upstairs the dolly needs to be deadlifted up every step bc the rise is bigger than the wheels (this is a no-go i do not know strong people), if i try to get under it and roll it downstairs the stair rise rears its ugly head once again & the drat refrigerator bounces its way down the stairs dragging whoever's on top along with it

and both of those theories are moot anyway because of the aforementioned clearance issues. i'm very tempted to just heave on the top of it and let it tip over & surf down the stairs and see what happens. with my luck it smashes through the stairs, crashes into the cement ground & starts leaking coolant everywhere (and it's this fear that has kept me from doing so, hence why it's still stuck)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Freaquency posted:

My wife is absolutely terrible about sitting down and watching a show, and sometimes I just want to see what happens already!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Pron on VHS posted:

I have secretly watched new episodes of a show my wife and I watch together and then pretended to watch it again for the first time with her. I have done this literally hundreds of times, for entire seasons of some shows in fact.

Bird in a Blender posted:

My wife is absolutely terrible about sitting down and watching a show, and sometimes I just want to see what happens already!

These are acceptable exceptions (assuming Bird’s wife is OK with this dynamic. It’s psycho poo poo to plow through a season you’re watching with someone else when they’re, like, at work or whatever.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Me and mine are usually good about that but she finished Blue Eyed Samurai without me. So I finished Onimusha without her haha. To be fair she was way more into Samurai and I was way more into Oni, so it worked out.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’ve avoided the flu and COVID this holiday season, but I’ve been dealing with respiratory and inner ear infections off and on for a month (On a second round of antibiotics now as everything came back a week after I stopped the first ones) and they can gently caress off.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

fartknocker posted:

I’ve avoided the flu and COVID this holiday season, but I’ve been dealing with respiratory and inner ear infections off and on for a month (On a second round of antibiotics now as everything came back a week after I stopped the first ones) and they can gently caress off.

I've had like 3 or 4 ear infections in my left ear last year. I can still feel pressure in it (which is causing a mild side headache) and had it checked. Went to the doctor, and they said it didn't look infected. There are ear drops you can get that help. But problem is all doctors around here have like a 7 hour wait for urgent care :(

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
the trick is to have your first kid at 18 so you can be a grandparent by 44.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Back when streaming services didn't exist yet, my wife and I watched all of Battlestar galactica together until one day halfway through the last season she watched the next episode without me while I was working late and then accidentally deleted it from the DVR. There were no scheduled replays, period, no way to watch it for at a minimum some months.

She watched the rest of the season without me and I still to this day have never seen the end. Like last four episodes or so.

Lol I was so mad

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

seiferguy posted:

I've had like 3 or 4 ear infections in my left ear last year. I can still feel pressure in it (which is causing a mild side headache) and had it checked. Went to the doctor, and they said it didn't look infected. There are ear drops you can get that help. But problem is all doctors around here have like a 7 hour wait for urgent care :(

Yeah, every trip to the urgent care around the corner was 2-3 hours of waiting to be seen. My ear drums were inflamed and swollen, and it was making my neck (Thyroid or something?) swell as well to the point I almost couldn’t swallow. Second batch of antibiotics have my ears feeling better, but my neck is still a bit sore at times, and I’m curious how things will go once I’m off them, as last time I finished the antibiotics, felt improvement but not truly better, and like a week later I was back at the Urgent Med.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
We finally got nailed with a "super spreader" event. The holidays went fine, until we returned our grandma to her ALF on the 27th. Her entire floor and half the building had active CoVID rampaging through it. We picked her up on the morning of the 23rd, just before they started all the tests. Did the ALF reach out to us to let us know this? Of course not. What compounded things and prompted some angry emails from my mom and aunts was that the night before we picked her up, (well, morning of technically) the fire alarm went off at 1am. My grandma and everyone did what they were supposed to do, which was go and wait by the door for instructions. No one came and told them anything until 5:30 am. Thankfully, my grandma has a walker with a seat, but some of the others went back in their rooms and just propped their doors open in case fire rescue came. So we jsut chalked up the exhaustion and not feeling well to what any of us would be feeling at 94 years old if we had to stand in a hallway for 5 hours with an alarm going off. They tested her when we took her back and she instantly qas positive. Then my step dad got it, one aunt tested positive while her huband didn't, and then vice versa on another aunt/uncle set. Today my mom has it. Thankfully, my wife and I dodged it, as did a lot of others. The entire group was vaccinated with all the older ones having a recent booster so I am sure that helped.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I took the rest of the week off work because my sister is a dummy who moved across the country with her boyfriend and doesn’t have a job or driver’s license and she and the bf broke up and now she has to move back in with our parents. Excited to spend the next few days doing nothing but driving and moving stuff out of a third floor walkup.

A few years ago my brother moved in with my parents in MN as a separation from his husband in Louisville. He left a bunch of stuff in KY, so when he decided to split we had to make a trip to get it. He has a bad back, so it was just my dad and me. We drove 10 hours, stayed overnight, got a moving truck, then went to their house expecting to throw poo poo in the truck and leave. NOTHING was packed, so we spent about six hours boxing poo poo up with his soon-to-be ex. Since we had acquired another vehicle, we drove back in separate cars starting the 10 hour drive back around 5PM. I had my dad's car with two cats in the back who wailed on and off the entire trip. We did this after our family celebrated early Chrismas, so we got back into town at 3AM on actual Christmas, after which I had another hour back to my house.

I know my brother is grateful for it, but it really was an awful experience all around. Hopefully your sister appreciates it.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Freaquency posted:

In her defense I think she was working under the assumption that it was a casual don’t really care nothing else to watch kinda thing for us, until I was like yo what’s all this major character development, where the hell did so and so go, I’m missing all this poo poo dude

swickles posted:

We finally got nailed with a "super spreader" event. The holidays went fine, until we returned our grandma to her ALF on the 27th. Her entire floor and half the building had active CoVID rampaging through it.

I’ll cut out most of the personal details because it’s not really mine to share, but GF’s Aunt injured her back several years ago and didn’t once go to PT and instead just complained about it and let her health fail to the point where she fell a couple of months ago and was stuck on the floor for 24 hours until she could get the phone. So GF’s parents called an ambulance, she’s got all sorts of problems, hospital sends her to a nursing home, GFs mom and dad agree to clean her house that looks exactly like a woman who can’t get off the floor and refuses to asks for help’s house would look like

So she she rewards them by having GF’s mom who has poor/failing health but actually tries to do something about it, come visit her in the home last week while she knowingly is positive for covid and now her parents have covid and are miserably sick and they’re all pretty much fuckin done with her. Way to totally alienate your family that just wants to help you!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Never watched Get Out for some reason but am now and all I can say is

what the gently caress

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Premise was kind of thin for a feature length picture, I think both of his more recent movies are more interesting.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Have a coworker in today who literally tested positive in the office and will not go home because they want to save PTO hours. Maybe I should work from home.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Get Out was a hell of a debut for Jordan Peele.

I liked Us but it got compared to his first film too much IMO.

Nope really started tapping into his Spielberg influences and was a lot of fun to see in the theater.

Now I'm thinking about the new season of True Detective that's coming out this month and how the following seasons after the 1st were not received as well because the debut was such a game-changer.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Us and Nope were both incredible too.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Blowjob Overtime posted:

A few years ago my brother moved in with my parents in MN as a separation from his husband in Louisville. He left a bunch of stuff in KY, so when he decided to split we had to make a trip to get it. He has a bad back, so it was just my dad and me. We drove 10 hours, stayed overnight, got a moving truck, then went to their house expecting to throw poo poo in the truck and leave. NOTHING was packed, so we spent about six hours boxing poo poo up with his soon-to-be ex. Since we had acquired another vehicle, we drove back in separate cars starting the 10 hour drive back around 5PM. I had my dad's car with two cats in the back who wailed on and off the entire trip. We did this after our family celebrated early Chrismas, so we got back into town at 3AM on actual Christmas, after which I had another hour back to my house.

I know my brother is grateful for it, but it really was an awful experience all around. Hopefully your sister appreciates it.

She’s supposedly packing stuff right now but the experience you described is pretty much exactly what I’m expecting.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I saw Nope and liked it but missed Us. I’ll watch that next

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
US was good but it had so many stupid plot holes that kinda took me out of it. Fun horror movie at times though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Have a coworker in today who literally tested positive in the office and will not go home because they want to save PTO hours. Maybe I should work from home.

I would 100% go home if I found that out lol

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

This should be an immediately jailable offense, wtf

Obviously the ideal option is, instead, jailing the employer that doesn't provide automatic sick time for an ongoing pandemic

While we're making wishes

Jfc

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I know it's not covid, but every single time I've felt I'm developing a head cold, I've turned to whoever my boss is and said that I was going home right then and I'd be back in three days time because I didn't want anyone else to catch it. Even when I got covid, I never left the house until I tested negative and then needed three more days to get physically right

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Amy Pole Her posted:

US was good but it had so many stupid plot holes that kinda took me out of it. Fun horror movie at times though.

You definitely need to not think too hard about it. I found it fun too. I really need to see Nope, I don't think it's on any of the streaming services I have though. Might have to rent it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

You definitely need to not think too hard about it. I found it fun too. I really need to see Nope, I don't think it's on any of the streaming services I have though. Might have to rent it.

It’s on Prime, I watched it the other night.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It should also be on Peacock

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

shirts and skins posted:

if you think the change from potato to toddler is something, wait til you see the change from toddler to full on kid. my oldest turned 5 in September and she's like suddenly...a person. like, the hindbrain and forebrain stuff connected, she can reason through things, and she comes up with all kinds of amazing questions and ideas.

I can see why it's so easy for parents to think their little one is a genius. the process of mental development is astonishing to watch.

It's also crazy to watch in one kid vs another. At 2, my son spent all his time trying to learn his ABCs and numbers while my daughter could not give less of a poo poo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MansourOmari/status/1742634380437188712?t=3Y1MkwbofQo7VyF_7Mn_Ng&s=19

That's Caro, by the way

lmao

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LMAO. loving why? He seemed like he got a predictable consequence for his actions.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Neil Armbong posted:

LMAO. loving why? He seemed like he got a predictable consequence for his actions.

Literally to stick a finger in Syria's eye. If this was any friendly country who held him he would've learned about the "Found Out" part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Literally to stick a finger in Syria's eye. If this was any friendly country who held him he would've learned about the "Found Out" part.

I choose to believe the countries we're friendly with wouldn't do that sort of thing!