Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Gumball Gumption posted:

Still the right choice because killing the trios titles by putting them on a fun but inconsequential team is the right choice for AEW. Less belts.

So just move them over to Toppest Flight, another fun but inconsequential team. Or else turn one of the 47 mens' singles belts into the de facto Cruiserweight belt and give it to Dante Martin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

everybody was so mad at tony for not 'calling an audible' and shooting keith lee in the head for the benefit of the guys doing a DX as South Park characters t-shirt tribute act

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That DICK! posted:

everybody was so mad at tony for not 'calling an audible' and shooting keith lee in the head for the benefit of the guys doing a DX as South Park characters t-shirt tribute act

Shoot shot Keith Lee

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

That pissed me off so much. SIOG went out there and very purposefully worked to get a specific reaction and they got that specific reaction and the dumbest people alive treated it like it was some kind of missed opportunity.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

toneh

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I think if any audible needed to be called it would should have been Billy Gunn not scissoring with Keith Lee post-match. I think showing a little disrespect to siog would have kept the fire going a bit stronger into the rematch

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

That pissed me off so much. SIOG went out there and very purposefully worked to get a specific reaction and they got that specific reaction and the dumbest people alive treated it like it was some kind of missed opportunity.

100 percent agree

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
SIOG was a fantastic tag team which featured the amazing Swerve and a fat tree Swerve jumped off of sometimes.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i don't like the way keith lee writes and talks it's too smart i need him to spend the next year taking unprotected chair shots to the head to get enough cte to commuicate in a level i'm more comfortable with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kvantum posted:

So just move them over to Toppest Flight, another fun but inconsequential team. Or else turn one of the 47 mens' singles belts into the de facto Cruiserweight belt and give it to Dante Martin.

I'm honestly hoping they put Dante over OC tonight. If they'd moved Orange into feuding with higher card guys after the Mox rematch it'd be one thing, but they basically just have him back doing the same thing. And yes, they're presenting it as him picking fights rather than just taking on all comers this time, but it's still basically sending him out to wrestle undercard guys in 10 minute 3-4 star matches, which is fine but we've seen it for over a year now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

i don't like the way keith lee writes and talks it's too smart i need him to spend the next year taking unprotected chair shots to the head to get enough cte to commuicate in a level i'm more comfortable with

this is a really lovely post wishing harm on a performer because you're too dumb to understand him. do better

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

this is a really lovely post wishing harm on a performer because you're too dumb to understand him. do better

And from a former Surgeon General of the United States, too. For shame.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm honestly hoping they put Dante over OC tonight. If they'd moved Orange into feuding with higher card guys after the Mox rematch it'd be one thing, but they basically just have him back doing the same thing. And yes, they're presenting it as him picking fights rather than just taking on all comers this time, but it's still basically sending him out to wrestle undercard guys in 10 minute 3-4 star matches, which is fine but we've seen it for over a year now.

I don't know if I was thinking the International Title or the TNT title, but yeah, one of them. There should be a Super-Heavyweight title for the MEAT division and the Cruiserweight title for the high flyers and luchadors.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Seemed like pretty obvious satire to me tbh

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I thought so too. maybe it was a satirical probe

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He just didn't hit the funny threshold. Sad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I didn't even chuckle.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CTE rhymes with Keith Lee. There's plenty you can do with that, even.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

indubitably. it is clearly a farcical jest to envision the limitless one being subjected to a full year of folding chair assaults which would render him imbecilic

also, it's obvious that the actual thrust of the joke is that the poster is so stupid that this is what it would take to level the playing field

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Given the rest of that guy's posts, I do not take it for granted that he was being sarcastic and even if he was, "I hope this guy gets hit in the head a lot" isn't exactly Norm MacDonald level humor.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
C. Everett Koop has a lot of well wishers here tonight, and a lot of them would like to throw him down one!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

"I hope this guy gets hit in the head a lot" isn't exactly Norm MacDonald level humor.

That sounds exactly like something Norm would say

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Barry Bluejeans posted:

C. Everett Koop has a lot of well wishers here tonight, and a lot of them would like to throw him down one!

see that was funny

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

neoaxd posted:

That sounds exactly like something Norm would say

Well, the guy did say that Brandon Teena deserved what happened to him, so gently caress Norm, I guess.

Gaz-L posted:

I kinda want to see Swerve and OC feud over the International Title at the moment, and Swerve take possession of it to elevate it like Nakamura did to the IWGP IC Title back in the day. IMO Swerve really needs a singles belt to hold on to at the moment. Joe's just won the World Title, and those reigns should be reasonably long and meaty. Christian and Copeland (and in time probably the erstwhile Luchasaurus- he really needed a namechange, and I guess Killswitch will do) are probably going to be fighting over the TNT title.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The real problem here is that Keith doesn't talk intelligently, just the way a stupid man thinks an intelligent man does. I can understand how it tricked them

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo if your criticism of keith lee is the same reason that vince mcmahon didnt push him then its not good criticism or a good joke

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So Tony Khan said he was hurt but people are assuming he’s faking it and refusing to job and is one of those evil WWE Returners because he talks like a dork and may have expressed vague frustration at his booking? I’ve been trying to figure out why everyone hates Keith Lee now. Is that about it?

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

everyone hates him because he spoiled one piece live on television

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

The real problem here is that Keith doesn't talk intelligently, just the way a stupid man thinks an intelligent man does. I can understand how it tricked them

You mean using SAT words doesn't mean you're smart???

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

So Tony Khan said he was hurt but people are assuming he’s faking it and refusing to job and is one of those evil WWE Returners because he talks like a dork and may have expressed vague frustration at his booking? I’ve been trying to figure out why everyone hates Keith Lee now. Is that about it?

same reason why everyone thinks malakai is a WWE Returner

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

How are u guys able to see through the bull poo poo so clearly and perfectly . .

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It would be weird to me that you guys keep thinking that a wrestler exaggerating an injury to get out of doing a job is a preposterous thing to have think happened, but I think it's just "yeah, but a wrestler I like would surely never do that.", which, I guess is fair enough.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

these wrestlers, who are certainly my friends, would never lie to me

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

these wrestlers, who are certainly my friends, would never lie to me

especially Hangman and Swerve

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Haven't checked to see what's booked tonight but I hope it involves Swerve, Julia Hart, Jay White, Eddie Kingston, and bring back the Young Bucks and Jack Perry.

Less of the things that aren't those people.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

jack perry is never coming back, let’s all move on

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The funniest thing about Cole being the Devil is Perry really has just been suspended for the last four months.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Punk got fired and came back sooner.

Granted it was with another company, but still.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
AEW should fire Jack Perry and hire him again to clear up the suspension.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The man killed CM Punk I'm not surprised he's going to be gone for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The man killed CM Punk I'm not surprised he's going to be gone for a long time

TK's money can't buy a fix for a broken heart