Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IKF starting every day is pretty dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They already have a carbon copy for 1/3rd the price in Santiago Espinal.

And they have a Kiermaier in Dalton Varsho

It's all so stupid!!!

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They already have a carbon copy for 1/3rd the price in Santiago Espinal.

And they have a Kiermaier in Dalton Varsho

It's all so stupid!!!

The ballpark might be nicer and real cheap to watch them win 83 games at in August

On an actual positive note, maybe the fact we won’t give Manoah way too much time to work it out will fix things?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/KeeganMatheson/status/1742574400770027582

Lmao.

I'm sure that after they lost Belt and Chapman and Springer is another year closer to cooked that the lineup will be better.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Popete posted:

Castro was actually pretty solid with the Yankees.

He's a swing at everything low OBP guy, those players aren't particularly fun to watch

He put up a 93 and 106 OPS+ so he wasn't a black hole but certainly nothing I'd ever look back fondly over

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/KeeganMatheson/status/1742574400770027582

Lmao.

I'm sure that after they lost Belt and Chapman and Springer is another year closer to cooked that the lineup will be better.

In other words, we're betting the farm on Vlad going back to being a 160 OPS+ superstar.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

In other words, we're betting the farm on Vlad going back to being a 160 OPS+ superstar.

And Kirk being not dog poo poo and Jansen not getting hurt and Schneider/Biggio to be at least league average and Springer to get back to .800+ in OPS and....

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/cfs15614152555/status/1742178751595827308?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Really dumb to just shrug and go into 2024 with a worse team when you only have two more years of Bo and Vlad

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Really dumb to just shrug and go into 2024 with a worse team when you only have two more years of Bo and Vlad

No Ross Atkins is always the smartest guy in the room

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Our strategy for the upcoming season is to score more runs and pitch better. We will throw good pitches that make outs and not the bad ones that get hit. Our batters will simply swing only at pitches to hit and will stop chasing off speed.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm sure this is just a cautious move to keep money open to sign or trade for a big name and not Rogers+Shapiro deciding that now that ticket prices are way up they can toss this team in the trash and rebuild again since most of the deals are up in 2-3 years

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:3: :3: :3:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

zoux posted:

Our strategy for the upcoming season is to score more runs and pitch better. We will throw good pitches that make outs and not the bad ones that get hit. Our batters will simply swing only at pitches to hit and will stop chasing off speed.

Are you making fun of the Blue Jays offseason or the Astros offseason

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Yankees and Red Sox both finally came down with a terminal case of the stupids and the Jays are sitting there like "ehhhhhhh we're cool, we'll just keep finishing 3rd every year and printing money."

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yankees and Red Sox both finally came down with a terminal case of the stupids and the Jays are sitting there like "ehhhhhhh we're cool, we'll just keep finishing 3rd every year and printing money."

But how they can hope to compete with Baltimore!!!!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It sounds like the Red Sox are just dumping salary to a degree? Or they want to? Regardless I don’t see them doing much this offseason to improve which is yet another potential good thing for Toronto

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can’t realistically expect Boston to compete with Tampa

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's wild how the rest of the division has reacted to the Yankees and Boston imploding.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Blue Jays front office sound like they've been taking notes from John Mozeliak and the Cardinals

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mike_V posted:

Blue Jays front office sound like they've been taking notes from John Mozeliak and the Cardinals

They are straight from the source of young teams being exploded by cheap assholes: Cleveland

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
things may seem bad but you haven't hit DEFCON HOSMER (yet)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1742579522078146949

HAL!!!!!!!!!!!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

more like AL Least

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"hasn't spent a dollar" is a convenient qualifier for the team that literally acquired one of the best hitters in baseball

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My sources have informed me that the cubs are waiting on domestic violence charges against Cody bellinger to drop before making him an offer. He won’t be a culture fit until then

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
On the bright side for Chicago I’m hearing they are finalizing terms with Trevor Bauer as they think he will be a great cultural fit.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
you ok?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://x.com/hgomez27/status/1742581629996954084?s=20

I’m guessing this is bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

Are you making fun of the Blue Jays offseason or the Astros offseason

I'm fine with standing pat.

They raided two different places looking for him over the last couple of weeks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Poque posted:

"hasn't spent a dollar" is a convenient qualifier for the team that literally acquired one of the best hitters in baseball

They were a 500 team last year. If they are serious about trying to win the world series in 2024 they need to do more.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
There's room for drat near everyone in this club.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:siren: The Cubs signed a NPB player :siren:

https://twitter.com/Cubs_Hub/status/1742221408854319489

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow another brewer

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Sign my good friend Cody already

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jed No: Sign anybody who's actually good whatsoever for real money
Jed Yes: Sign some trash heap failed reliever in their 30's and pray for a successful reclamation project

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Help. The Reds are winning the off-season.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Popete posted:

Sign my good friend Cody already

my good, cool and beloved by the city friend Marcus should also be signed by now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGD_sS3YSXg&t=169s

Pedro was correct. Yamamoto throws a splitter about 25% of the time (in NPB), and it's his main out pitch. The Dodgers are probably going to have to work him in on strict IP/pitch counts for a season or two.

e: Or cut down his splitter usage like Ohtani did

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

tadashi posted:

Help. The Reds are winning the off-season.
The Reds, Royals, and D-Backs