Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Breadmaster posted:

Ahaha, called it, that's the style of 1982 animated Gordon and the sword from the 80's movie!

I can hear the Queen in my head already. And I probably won't stop hearing it all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Planck will pitch his arm right off in order to curve a ball like no ball has ever been curved.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Man I don’t remember Aleta looking preggers.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "478 - Jucika And The Courteous Bus Conductor"

"479 - Jucika And The Robot Man"

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Hooray for a new year of the best thread on the forums! I'm pleased to continue posting what has grown into my favorite daily of all time. Given JJ's age and the strip being dropped from a ton of papers due to Industry Bullshit, my sincere wish is for the strip to survive the year or at least give him a chance to wrap it up on his terms.

If anyone missed the New Year's A+J catchup megapost, it slid over the finish line of the 2023 thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4020900&perpage=40&pagenumber=526#post536899725

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

Maggie's sister really let her have it.

I thought at first May was telling her stuff like "you're not a woman worthy of being loved" to her face at first, but I think the woolly borders on the balloons indicate it's just her thoughts.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

davidspackage posted:

I thought at first May was telling her stuff like "you're not a woman worthy of being loved" to her face at first, but I think the woolly borders on the balloons indicate it's just her thoughts.

Similar woolly bubbles in the previous panels have a dialogue tail and the wham line also has one but it blends in very well. Perhaps the dialogue borders indicate her voice is trembling as she finally says something so dire. Perhaps like many readers May is tired of Planck and Maggie's poo poo. I hope she and Left Handy are happy together.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

I said it for Prince Valiant a few years ago, and I'll say it again here: it's always deeply satisfying when a creator on a legacy strip is obviously in love with the idea that they get to make stories for these characters for a living.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (December 23, 1935)

Peanuts, in which Peppermint Patty thinks she's found a loophole. (January 4, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (July 11-13, 1935)

Thimble Theater (August 7, 1940)

Running way, waaaay behind today, so OOW will meet you on the night shift.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Filling that glass right to the brim, huh?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

So I know the US is a lawless wasteland, but isn't this still a DUI? I thought the thing with a learners permit is that you still have someone next to you as the "normal" driver who's responsible.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Hel posted:

So I know the US is a lawless wasteland, but isn't this still a DUI? I thought the thing with a learners permit is that you still have someone next to you as the "normal" driver who's responsible.
Pffft, it's not like Ed needs to know law or anything.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Filling that glass right to the brim, huh?

At that point, you should just drop all pretense and drink straight from the bottle.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

Similar woolly bubbles in the previous panels have a dialogue tail and the wham line also has one but it blends in very well. Perhaps the dialogue borders indicate her voice is trembling as she finally says something so dire. Perhaps like many readers May is tired of Planck and Maggie's poo poo. I hope she and Left Handy are happy together.

Ah, maybe. It's not like Maggie doesn't deserve it after what she pulled.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hel posted:

It's shockingly difficult to find actual state laws on these things, but best I can find is the learner has to have a licensed driver in the front passenger seat in the places I tried to look. No mention that they have to be, you know, capable of driving themselves.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dangit, I'm already behind!

Bad Machinery

And that's the Case of the Modern Men.

At least I didn't wind up suddenly jumping into the next story.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (December 15-17, 2004)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Hello new thread! Let's get started with the carnage!

Scary Gary :drac:

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

God I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Dingbat Family/The Family Upstairs()
Tomorrow

Baron Bean(January 5, 1916)

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals()
Saturday

Gasoline Alley(August 24, 1919)

Us Boys(June 18, 1911)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Kazinsal posted:

I can hear the Queen in my head already. And I probably won't stop hearing it all day.

FLASH! AAAAHHHHaaahhhhhh!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zits is inching closer and closer to Dustin territory here. I hope the mom realizes that Jeremy has a point and that mores and cultural expectations change over time.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

amigolupus posted:

Didn't the Director mention something about creating a miracle for the last match? Maybe he plans to have Planck pitch against Copper Ma and Planck would use the ~Ultimate Technique~ they talked about, of beaning someone directly at the head.

Are we sure he forsook Maggie and he's not just planning to throw the match at the last second? Because when May decided to just sit in the stands rather than drag Maggie directly to the Demons' area so she can talk to Planch, I groaned and thought May beefed it right when she was almost at the finish line. :v:

Planck drops the last out, letting the winning run score, because he sees Maggie stand up out of the corner of his eye

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

goatface posted:

Planck will pitch his arm right off in order to curve a ball like no ball has ever been curved.

I mean, when the man's arm comes off with the ball, you're not going to get ANY distance if you make contact

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Hel posted:

Also, depending on the state, he'd be violating open container laws. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-container_law This guy really is a poo poo lawyer

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Ed is kind of a poo poo human being in general, really.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 2/3/52, where the story of Handle and Gristle continues to spin even further out of control.

Archie 2/28 - 3/2/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 10/25-27/76

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Man I don’t remember Aleta looking preggers.

Yeah, Foster cheated. She's looked slim as ever in all the strips leading up to the big faint.

Luan

Shut the gently caress up, Bernice. God, how does this broad not get punched in the mouth every day of her life

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I AM GRANDO posted:

So there will be no explanation at all about what that guy wanted or why he was pretending to be a vegetarian? It’s just that he got in Keith’s way so Keith made him disappear?

And Keith’s reward is that he now has to eat more vegan food that he hates?
I actually think this is not going to work out like that. Maybe they found out he tried to scare that guy off or something and that makes them (or one of them) mad, but something's going to go wrong for Keith here.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Oh, that's Lyle. I'm looking forward to seeing what another old white man can bring to this strip!

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Good thing you've been drinking heavily now, when it's early in the pregnancy! Dodged a bullet there!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murdstone posted:

I actually think this is not going to work out like that. Maybe they found out he tried to scare that guy off or something and that makes them (or one of them) mad, but something's going to go wrong for Keith here.
Wilbur's going to tell Mary what he saw at ALL BEEF, and Mary will "accidentally" let it slip in front of Kitty.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

https://i.imgur.com/tq5YWgu.mp4

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Never Wire Your House Like This Unless It'll Let You Date A Hologram That Looks Like Katey Segal

The All-Singing, All-Dancing Wrap Of The World

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Kevin & Kell really is a hellworld, isn't it? I tended to skip past it. Now I can't look away.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Doomykins posted:

"479 - Jucika And The Robot Man"

Sex robot! Sex robot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Why not? Wasn't this a fishing trip for dudes to talk out their marital problems? I'd think on a trip like that you might find at least one or two dudes with marital problems.