Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I thought they made it so the zealot rush doesn't affect ranged armor pen anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I thought they made it so the zealot rush doesn't affect ranged armor pen anymore.

No it's deliberately kept in.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
Yeah, Fury of the Faithful is the best way to make the bolter do good work:
https://i.imgur.com/6gv13pV.mp4

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Exodee posted:

Yeah, Fury of the Faithful is the best way to make the bolter do good work:
https://i.imgur.com/6gv13pV.mp4

Considering the fact that a wave of like 12 crushers has killed my last two runs I am intrigued

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

ZeusCannon posted:

Considering the fact that a wave of like 12 crushers has killed my last two runs I am intrigued
It's just kind of an average bolter really, it was one of my first orange items even:

Talent-wise, besides the charge ability Anoint in Blood is a no-brainer pick for the bolter but also Blazing Piety can make it do a ton of extra damage. I think I've killed like 6 Crushers in a magdump once because of all the critical hits.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Washin Tong posted:

So what exactly is the game plan for Columnus V Autogun Zealot?

You nailed it, the specific strength is each crit is actually a short period of time and the columnus gets a bunch of shots in compared to the slower weapons

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Okay, someone help me out, I swear there was a data mine early in the game’s lifecycle that had prototypes of the trees we got, icons for unreleased weapons like the melta, and a cutscene model of a genestealer, but now I can’t find it on google.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I hate vent purge but drat if it doesn't make turning Ragers into pureé cinematic

https://i.imgur.com/BWpsGaM.mp4

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TaurusTorus posted:

Okay, someone help me out, I swear there was a data mine early in the game’s lifecycle that had prototypes of the trees we got, icons for unreleased weapons like the melta, and a cutscene model of a genestealer, but now I can’t find it on google.

The melta and longlas were early datamined weapon commendation banners, there never was a genestealer leak that I remember. The Goliath is in the game but the cults use it because it's an imperial vehicle.

E: There were also a commendation banner for the maulers double handed chain axe.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jan 3, 2024

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
It's fun to start a second ogryn because you can spend half a damnation's worth of plasteel to put Haymaker IV on your starter club and bonk the poo poo out of malice.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Truly unfortunate we haven’t been able to see vets named legolonglas

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

Truly unfortunate we haven’t been able to see vets named legolonglas

They gotta figure out whatever bullshit coding they need to so that people can change their names. I will die on this hill (due to silent poxbursters).

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I made an Ogryn named Earl-Sinclair. Things took a grim, dark turn after Dinosaurs was canceled.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

bees everywhere posted:

I made an Ogryn named Earl-Sinclair. Things took a grim, dark turn after Dinosaurs was canceled.

Sounds to me like he'd be good buddies with my Ogryn named Thag-Simmons

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

bees everywhere posted:

They took a grim, dark turn just before they were canceled too.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.
i havent found any pubbies able to do twins with bells, is there a strat now or a place to do premades?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Phraggah posted:

i havent found any pubbies able to do twins with bells, is there a strat now or a place to do premades?

The twins mission is pretty much a desert. The last time I tried it, I ended up starting with 3 bots. I would have left the mission, but I don’t think those bots could beat the twins by themselves.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Phraggah posted:

Join the first discord link in the OP, there's gonna be people up for helping someone through hard mode.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

They gotta figure out whatever bullshit coding they need to so that people can change their names. I will die on this hill (due to silent poxbursters).

I very much want to rename my lady zealot to Jeanne D'arktide

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

skaianDestiny posted:

Join the first discord link in the OP, there's gonna be people up for helping someone through hard mode.

thanks

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I don't know poo poo about chain axes. Bought this good set of stats for my zealot but it seems like Hadron may have been unkind to it. Suggestions? I normally play Crusher, knife, or Devil's Claw.

edit: Also is there an option or a mod or something to bind the Battle Cry to a single button? My zealot halo with the hideous voice modulation needs more screaming.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 4, 2024

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Todays vet build on a theme:

Melee focused with stealth based on a Striking Scorpion, really fun with the colomnus infantry and the new chainsword.

edit: dropped the two points on the right that I just used for columnus shredding and went down to grab all weapons rending to boost the melee a bit higher.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 4, 2024

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I don't know poo poo about chain axes. Bought this good set of stats for my zealot but it seems like Hadron may have been unkind to it. Suggestions? I normally play Crusher, knife, or Devil's Claw.

edit: Also is there an option or a mod or something to bind the Battle Cry to a single button? My zealot halo with the hideous voice modulation needs more screaming.

As is that would at least be good for clearing hordes with heavy sweeps. If I had that I’d probably replace Infected damage with flak armor damage I guess. I never remember blessing names so no idea what thrust would be replaced with but maybe just a better version of it? I do like using heavy attacks.

My problem with axes is light attacks get briefly “stuck” in every enemy you hit, which doesn’t happen with any other weapon, chain or otherwise. It’s like your attacks bounce off of armor with every attack.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

As is that would at least be good for clearing hordes with heavy sweeps. If I had that I’d probably replace Infected damage with flak armor damage I guess. I never remember blessing names so no idea what thrust would be replaced with but maybe just a better version of it? I do like using heavy attacks.

My problem with axes is light attacks get briefly “stuck” in every enemy you hit, which doesn’t happen with any other weapon, chain or otherwise. It’s like your attacks bounce off of armor with every attack.

ya, i like the other chainaxe cause the light attacks are sweeps and the heavy is the single-target slam. if you rev up first, that heavy attack drat near one-shots most specials in the game

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

that's a nearly perfect chain axe. Upgrade both of those blessings to t4 versions and you're set.

That's the OG axe, and the lights are great for bruisers and stunning ragers (the saw damage it does that "catches" as other people describe now staggers ragers! it feels pretty good!). And when you rev it the first heavy attack switches to an overhead swing which solved my other problem with it which is it being hard to use a heavy rev vs single targets.

Just spam heavy for hordes, have a great time.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It's not a bad axe at all as it already hits super hard at a baseline, but upgrading the Thrust blessing to a higher level one is an easy improvement since it scales up a lot.

Afterwards I'd maybe test it in the Psykhanium to see if you can hit good breakpoints on Ragers and Crushers. If you're just a few HP's short of one/two-shotting them with the right attacks (including with Thrust stacks) then it might be worth slotting in +damage vs maniacs/flak/carapace, but otherwise don't bother.

Oh yeah and the +30% impact strength talent is a cool pick for the OG chainaxe, since it allows you to stunlock Crushers with light attacks to the head. It's still faster to do the heavy special attack, but if there's multiple Crushers then you can whittle them down much more safely that way.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

You can alleviate the "stickiness" of the light attacks by aiming your camera at head height. The locking action centers your screen so if you aim at roughly that level it won't feel nearly as jarring. It's a bit hard to explain, but within a few runs it becomes second nature.

I'm a certified Chain Axe Enjoyer even before its recent buffs and proselytize its love and light. The axe beckons us all, do not resist its call.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Another option is to replace Thrust with Slaughterer or Thunderous. Thrust is fine, but for me the big draw for the Mk4 Chaxe is that its light attacks are extremely strong. Heavies are for clearing super-dense hordes; everything else you spam lights at.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

megane posted:

Another option is to replace Thrust with Slaughterer or Thunderous. Thrust is fine, but for me the big draw for the Mk4 Chaxe is that its light attacks are extremely strong. Heavies are for clearing super-dense hordes; everything else you spam lights at.

with the revved heavy attack change Thrust also lets you one shot crushers and maulers.

I think chainaxe is pretty flexible though, so it can really be personal preference

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Depending on your talent build, Bloodletter can be a very good option too. The special immediately applies maximum stacks of bleed (at rank 4) even if you immediately dodge to cancel the grind channel, so you can just move on to the next target in a lot of cases. It offers a lot of sustained boss damage as well.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I very much want to rename my lady zealot to Jeanne D'arktide

I ended up naming my second Zealot JebediahDarktide.

Evil Kit posted:

with the revved heavy attack change Thrust also lets you one shot crushers and maulers.

I’ve been trying forever to get a level 4 thrust for my hammer to one shot demonhosts, but the rng will not cooperate.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 5, 2024

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Did all ogryn ranged alt melee attacks count as heavy melee, or just specific ones? Or did they patch that out entirely?

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Fishstick posted:

Did all ogryn ranged alt melee attacks count as heavy melee, or just specific ones? Or did they patch that out entirely?

Pretty sure they do. You can see bleed stacks proc from swinging around a rumbler or kickback with the special attack if you take the heavies cause bleed talent last I played.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

Pretty sure they do. You can see bleed stacks proc from swinging around a rumbler or kickback with the special attack if you take the heavies cause bleed talent last I played.

They do. The light attacks on the grenade gauntlet are the only gun melee that don't.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Playing around with that vet melee stealther build, I think it's way more fun than zealot stealth. I don't think backstabbing bigguns as zealot is as useful as the huge amount of bonuses the vet stealth gives, and for bigguns the vet can just bombard things with grenades.

The vet one you just use as a reactive survivability tool, fighting until your toughness pops and going dark to either get a new position or just exiting immediately for a huge toughness refill and damage reduction boost. The melee attack bonuses make it not feel any different swing speed and damage wise as a full melee zealot build, and then you're just so drat fast. It rules.

It's more selfish than shouty captain veteran but if things go south you can always stealth pickup at least 2 or 3 of your teammates with the 2 charges.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I finally got an almost perfectly optimized plasma gun (one of the blessings is level 3 instead of 4) and this thing just cooks. I feel bad because I just tag things for the damage bonus, and everyone else wastes ammo/grenades on stuff I'm just going to vaporize in one second.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
i have a plasma gun ready for upgrading and im deliberately holding back on it for now because i know they're going to slap the PG with some nerfs or mechanics changes; wanna be sure of what i want first

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I finally got an almost perfectly optimized plasma gun (one of the blessings is level 3 instead of 4) and this thing just cooks. I feel bad because I just tag things for the damage bonus, and everyone else wastes ammo/grenades on stuff I'm just going to vaporize in one second.

If you have the right keystone modifiers you're still providing a damage and/or toughness buff to your teammates.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

Playing around with that vet melee stealther build, I think it's way more fun than zealot stealth. I don't think backstabbing bigguns as zealot is as useful as the huge amount of bonuses the vet stealth gives, and for bigguns the vet can just bombard things with grenades.

The vet one you just use as a reactive survivability tool, fighting until your toughness pops and going dark to either get a new position or just exiting immediately for a huge toughness refill and damage reduction boost. The melee attack bonuses make it not feel any different swing speed and damage wise as a full melee zealot build, and then you're just so drat fast. It rules.

It's more selfish than shouty captain veteran but if things go south you can always stealth pickup at least 2 or 3 of your teammates with the 2 charges.

Tell me more.

Also is it viable to be a speedy revolver veteran with all the reload bonuses? I just like running and sliding and blapping heretics in the head freeballing it with the revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I like seeing things get tagged then obliterated. It gives me a warm, safe feeling.