Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

neoaxd posted:

That sounds exactly like something Norm would say

“It says here he defeated HHH and Shawn Michaels in the same night to become Champion, he had a wife, child, two dogs…something about those eyes…wait a minute…hold the phone…. he murdered his family!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
You know, with Vince, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony is the biggest cm punk mark and jack perry hosed around on their biggest show of all time and made tony fire his hero and cost the company millions of dollars.

we are legitimately never seeing him in aew again and as long as punk is in wwe we aren’t gonna see him there either lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

we are legitimately never seeing him in aew again and as long as punk is in wwe we aren’t gonna see him there either lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

tony is the biggest cm punk mark and jack perry hosed around on their biggest show of all time and made tony fire his hero and cost the company millions of dollars.

More to the point, if Tony feels Jack is at all culpable for him literally fearing for his life, then uh, yeah, no.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I think jungle jack is good. Hope he comes back soon

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

jack perry is never coming back, let’s all move on

Jack...Perry? :confused:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I like Jack Perry but like, yeah, once all the Real Glass hype and Devil theories died down the reality of it all really hit me. It was a stupid situation but it's one he was an undeniable part of that nearly ruined AEW's biggest show. It plays as well into Joe being world champ as what was at least partially a thank-you run for saving the drat thing.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

jungle jack is such a scary badass tony khan is too afraid to fire him

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think the only reason he hasn’t been fired is because it would be bad optics to the people who wanted punk gone. tony will just let his contract run out which is probably due soon anyways

jack perry filing for a bunch of jungle boy / jurassic express trademarks in november was not a red herring

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I like Jack Perry but like, yeah, once all the Real Glass hype and Devil theories died down the reality of it all really hit me. It was a stupid situation but it's one he was an undeniable part of that nearly ruined AEW's biggest show. It plays as well into Joe being world champ as what was at least partially a thank-you run for saving the drat thing.

The thing about Jack is like.....he'd already done it once before, and apparently pissed off the network doing it. Then he did it again at the biggest show in company history and it's like dude, what're you doing.

I think Joe got the initial program with MJF in September as a thank-you for getting All In back on the rails. I think him actually getting the belt was a mix of right place right time with Cole and MJF both getting injured, plus it was like.

Remember in 2017. When Braun Strowman got injured when he was gonna challenge Brock. So WWE just went "gently caress it, main event this PPV with a 5-way to see who challenges him." And Joe won the PPV and it was really shocking, and everybody was like "oh man, we're gonna get this really cool Joe/Lesnar match" and then after a couple weeks of promos everybody just collectively realized that Joe really should win?

It was like that.

Except this time, Joe won.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

The thing about Jack is like.....he'd already done it once before, and apparently pissed off the network doing it. Then he did it again at the biggest show in company history and it's like dude, what're you doing.

there’s no way he wasn’t told to never go into business for himself like that again, and then he did. spoiled trust fund kids….

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Oh no, he might turn up in a good company?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Oh no, he might turn up in a good company?

is gcw good these days?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony should absolutely let Jack go for getting sucker punched by Punk for getting heel heat. Totally makes sense.

I'm serious, have you seen Punk's speed? Jack is dangerous in the ring with reflexes that bad.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Tony should absolutely let Jack go for getting sucker punched by Punk for getting heel heat. Totally makes sense.

I'm serious, have you seen Punk's speed? Jack is dangerous in the ring with reflexes that bad.

You can tell he was definitely mentored by the Bucks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is gcw good these days?

The last I looked Blake Christian was champ so probably not.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
AJPW Triple Crown Champion Jack Perry

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Barry Bluejeans posted:

AJPW Triple Crown Champion Jack Perry

We've already established he's not going to WWE.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

JUNGLE BOY posted:

is gcw good these days?

He’s gonna take the Atomic Legacy Wrestling Next Level Championship from Ripper Zbyszko

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bungle Boy Hack Perry

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

If you really think about it, a LOT of wrestlers jeopardized the Wembley show by not asking CM Punk for advice enough.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Small Domino Jack Perry likes a tweet, big domino Samoa Joe beats MJF at long Island

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Tbh I have no real Larry in the fight, and I overall like the guy and was really into his heel run, I just think that the suspension being so lengthy makes a lot of sense with both incidents in mind. I'm sure it'll eventually blow over but it's a much bigger blow than I really thought about previously. I don't think he should get fired for being a stupid kid who made a dumb comment and got choked out and there's a reason the guy decades older than him who decided to scrap around heavy and expensive production equipment is the one who got the bigger consequence, but man he really nearly cocked things up big time twice huh

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

You know, with Vince, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk was probably going to get fired from AEW sooner or later, because he wanted out and he wanted to go back to WWE, but Jack didn't have to make it quite so easy for him to do so while both companies are in active TV rights negotiations.

Like, this isn't gonna happen, but if Punk gets Raw on WBD, getting AEW kicked off of WBD and they have to go to Prime Video or something, how could Jack ever show his face in that company again?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Tbh I have no real Larry in the fight, and I overall like the guy and was really into his heel run, I just think that the suspension being so lengthy makes a lot of sense with both incidents in mind. I'm sure it'll eventually blow over but it's a much bigger blow than I really thought about previously. I don't think he should get fired for being a stupid kid who made a dumb comment and got choked out and there's a reason the guy decades older than him who decided to scrap around heavy and expensive production equipment is the one who got the bigger consequence, but man he really nearly cocked things up big time twice huh

If you believe known giant liar/confused man SRS the suspension ended in December and they're talking creative.

And seriously I think Jack was stupid and definitely imperiled things but the flip side is that it is incredibly dumb that his big mistake was doing the sort of thing a bunch of them do in the moment as part of wrestling but whoops Punk can't handle it while also playing the goofiest rumor mill games.

He totally cocked things up big time twice though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hold zero ill will towards Perry given that he pulled the same wink wink nudge nudge bullshit that Punk himself would do to the camera constantly.

Was it dumb? Sure. Have dumber things been done in wrestling with zero fallout? 100%. Is "cry me a river, it's real glass" worth flipping your poo poo over? No. It isn't. Never will be.

Suspend him if you want, but anything more than that and it feels like you're validating Punk's temper tantrum as justified.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

jack perry could have called out punk in the parking lot, in the locker room, hell even on an episode of dynamite, but he waited several weeks for aew’s biggest and most important show and if reports are to be believed, he told several people that were not tony that he was planning to do it. which is also what happened with the pussy shirt IIRC

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I personally blame TK and his "I just want to be pals with all the wrestlers" approach to problem resolution

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Like OK yes provoking Punk is a stupid move because he's apparently a barely sentient rage elemental, but Jack Perry literally just said "It's real glass, cry me a river" and if that was enough to almost ruin the Wembley show then Punk should have been fired a long time ago. Maybe fire him for making digs at Hangman while he was feuding with someone else, that would make as much sense as suspending Jack Perry for saying the mildest thing possible.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

how did it cost the company millions of dollars? Didn't they fire Punk with cause which freed up all that money that was tied to the remaining time of his contract?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

jack perry could have called out punk in the parking lot, in the locker room, hell even on an episode of dynamite, but he waited several weeks for aew’s biggest and most important show and if reports are to be believed, he told several people that were not tony that he was planning to do it. which is also what happened with the pussy shirt IIRC

Lmao if he was planning it and letting people know that does color things a little worse for him

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

JUNGLE BOY posted:

???

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Like OK yes provoking Punk is a stupid move because he's apparently a barely sentient rage elemental, but Hangman literally just said "worker's rights" and if that was enough to almost ruin ..."

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Like OK yes provoking Punk is a stupid move because he's apparently a barely sentient rage elemental, but Jack Perry literally just said "It's real glass, cry me a river" and if that was enough to almost ruin the Wembley show then Punk should have been fired a long time ago. Maybe fire him for making digs at Hangman while he was feuding with someone else, that would make as much sense as suspending Jack Perry for saying the mildest thing possible.

I'm pretty sure Punk was already pissed off about some other things and Jack Perry's cute little comment was just the last straw. Like how nobody from AEW met him at the airport or arranged transportation for him to Wembley from Heathrow, for example

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Lmao if he was planning it and letting people know that does color things a little worse for him

that demonstrates transparency, courage, honesty and self-confidence imo. should've been promoted instead.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Funniest possible option is for Jackass Perry to not get offered a new contract, get hired by WWE, and reconcile with Changed Man Punk.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jack Perry helping to excise the locker room cancer that was the fragilest messy bitch in all Chicago is probably the most important thing he'll ever do in wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm pretty sure Punk was already pissed off about some other things and Jack Perry's cute little comment was just the last straw. Like how nobody from AEW met him at the airport or arranged transportation for him to Wembley from Heathrow, for example

Well, that was his own drat fault.