Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Would love to parse how to separate the 8th best long snapper from the 9th best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Minshew is the best

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1742622173850694109

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tyreek's house is on fire apparently

https://twitter.com/wsvn/status/1742630335353872438

something something Left Eye joke

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Tyreek's house is on fire apparently

https://twitter.com/wsvn/status/1742630335353872438

something something Left Eye joke

Thats a terrible thing to joke about when flames and smoke are Rison from his house.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Uh, so this just updated and

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1742637479797080532

since when is Hill in a walking boot? Waddle and Hill both out doesn't bode well for Miami

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hill's been on the injury report for the ankle since Week 13. (edit: It may just be precautionary)

edit2: Miami has 18 players on this week's injury report, that seems like a lot?

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 3, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

okay but that's not really the same thing

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Vertical Lime posted:

also wentz is starting for the rams this week

Darnold is starting for the 49ers. It's going to be glorious.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kiimo posted:

okay but that's not really the same thing
I wouldn't worry too much, he's probably just nursing a sprain. If he was also on crutches, then I would worry

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Coldforge posted:

Final fan Pro Bowl votes (this is not All-Pro for those confused by awards):

Disappointed there was no coordinated troll campaign to get a Chiefs WR to the Pro Bowl

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Midnightghoul posted:

Disappointed there was no coordinated troll campaign to get a Chiefs WR to the Pro Bowl

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/ravens4dummies/status/1742627506631454906

The Ravens are doomed.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The chutzpah! The Giants still haven't recovered.

e: Ugh, I got got.

fsif fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 3, 2024

Nov 6, 2002

Dolphin's dreams going up in smoke literally this month.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is a joke right?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Oh gently caress not again

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It is.

https://twitter.com/ravens4dummies/status/1742628091476811870?t=rRd-P6jyl1yhCO-k2ojv3w&s=19

And not a very good one.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This is a joke right?

yeah, pretty clearly

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Elon Musk got egg on all your faces AGAIN

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hizawk posted:

Elon Musk got egg on all your faces AGAIN
I just wanted it to be true so bad

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lamar is officially not playing Saturday. More pressure on Buffalo to win, unless Jax loses.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I got got you can't trust "ravens4dummies" anymore these days

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Dude is actually a fairly well known "fanalyst" on Ravens Twitter. Which is to say he spams AI T-shirt scams and degenerate gambling with the occasional football gif thrown in.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I did not realize the colts were win and in this week. Minshew good?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

Thats a terrible thing to joke about when flames and smoke are Rison from his house.

heh, I appreciated this joke.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Is that a conference of people who develop foods for the Chef Boyardee brand, or a conference of people who specialize is cooking meals using Chef Boyardee as an ingredient?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

now, if they said Ray Lewis was renting it and showing them how to dispose of evidence, I'd believe it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

PURPLE TEAM

PURPLE TEAM ON BOAT

PURPLE TEAM ON ?????SEX????? BOAT!!!!!!!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Do you have a pihole on your network or a zany dns or something? Sounds like it’s either your computer or network doing thangs

Dummy me. It was my Duck Duck Go chrome extension. I opened it and it specifically said HEY WE BLOCKED TWITTER.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Cthulu Carl posted:

Is that a conference of people who develop foods for the Chef Boyardee brand, or a conference of people who specialize is cooking meals using Chef Boyardee as an ingredient?

Chef Boyardee cosplayer convention.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Coldforge posted:

Final fan Pro Bowl votes (this is not All-Pro for those confused by awards):

i spy one cardinal, go trey

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hughmoris posted:

I did not realize the colts were win and in this week. Minshew good?

They pretty much win when he doesn't turn the ball over. He made some big plays this last game, but typically their offense is more about keeping control of the ball and taking shots every once in a while. He's doing exactly what is asked of him and when he keeps his turnovers down then they're generally successful. The defense is also kind of all over the place where they run a pretty basic zone and rely on the front four to get pressure and force the opposing QB into making mistakes. But they also don't generally give up big plays.

Steichen runs a good offensive scheme that everyone buys into. It's not always successful and they're missing the run threat that they had with Richardson, but they have still shown the ability to score on good defenses like when they put up a ton of yards on the Browns.

But yeah, most of the credit for their success this year is because of Steichen. This is largely the same team from last year, and Minshew does deserve some credit for stepping up and being a solid if unspectacular starter, but I think most people will credit the turnaround to Steichen.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah that Steichen guy is pretty good :smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kawalimus posted:

I remember Kluwe going on at length about how directional punting was impossible and anyone suggesting it should be tried was some crazy insult word but then Sam Koch came in right after that and got real good at directional punting. Or something like that.

Like yeah, the whole gist of his screed was "I wanted to just bomb it as hard as possible for the sake of my numbers but my coaches wanted me to do what might actually give us a better chance of winning games. I found this completely unreasonable and ignored them entirely."

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

shyduck posted:

Yeah that Steichen guy is pretty good :smith:

Philly has to stop letting Indy hire away the reasons their offenses are good. And then they also need to stop hiring their OCs to try and recreate the magic they had back with Andy. Terrible cycle.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Dummy me. It was my Duck Duck Go chrome extension. I opened it and it specifically said HEY WE BLOCKED TWITTER.

oh huh yeah that explains it lol

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tucker getting Pro Bowl over Hopkins is a goddamn war crime.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Budda over Winfield Jr is by far the worst snub. He's having an All Pro season.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1742714273992786303?t=sISZoizjj2dyoaXEHc6FoQ&s=19

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Pro Bowl has never been about who is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Woah, explain Mac Jones Pro Bowl QB.