Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

I think the D7 and the newer Vor’Cha(?) Klingon ships aren’t appreciated enough. Much better than the bird of prey, big or small.

This is where you crush me and reveal they’re basically copied from another TV show or book or something.

The D 7 is still my favorite Trek ship after the Refit Connie. I was stoked when the Vor'cha showed up in TNG as I was never a big fan of the bird of prey as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Constitution refit
D'deridex
D-7
Excelsior
Klingon Bird of Prey

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The Enterprise is a beautiful lady and we love her

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tighclops posted:

The Enterprise is a beautiful lady and we love her

*points at the line* you're beautiful, you're beautiful... *gets to G* not you

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If the Excelsior and Colonial One from BSG had a love child.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I always liked the Colonial One followed the literal model of the real inspiration by being the space version of a regular rear end passenger plane that then gets retrofitted into the President's flying office.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The Curry is definitely Jim'my B'uffett's island-hopping seaplane to Risa

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

*points at the line* you're beautiful, you're beautiful... *gets to G* not you

The Neo-Con is an alright looking ship, but an ugly looking Enterprise by the transitive property of stolen valor. It doesn't deserve its G.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Seaduck rear end boat rear end engineering hull

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Somebody built an Excelsior model kit without reading the instructions.

Somebody else just rolled with it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

nine-gear crow posted:

The Neo-Con is an alright looking ship, but an ugly looking Enterprise by the transitive property of stolen valor. It doesn't deserve its G.

I like the original Bill Krause version quite a bit. The Picard version isn't terrible but it's worse.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It doubly blows because the Luna is so frickin' good looking.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
There has to be a post somewhere in this thread with all the Enterprises posted in order :spock:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eason the Fifth posted:

There has to be a post somewhere in this thread with all the Enterprises posted in order :spock:

in-universe chronologically, or by production date

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

It doubly blows because the Luna is so frickin' good looking.

:yeah:

A 25th century take on the Luna becoming an Enterprise would have been cool, but the guy in charge was a self-centered hack so :rip:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The U.S.S. Reminder To Schedule Your Next Colonoscopy

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

nine-gear crow posted:

A 25th century take on the Luna becoming an Enterprise would have been cool, but the guy in charge was a self-centered hack so :rip:

Him saying "oh it's fine they're going to make a Titan-B and it'll actually be a successor to the Luna this time" is one of the few times I just think gently caress it, fine, we'll go with that, we'll just put your thing behind us.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Two episodes of DS9 tonight.

First up, "Crossover," in Kira and Bashir find themselves in the original Mirror Universe, 103 years after Kirk's visit, to find things have not gotten better. This was a weird one. Wasn't bad, but it also just wasn't my cup of tea. Was disappointed in Mirror Garak being so transparently backstabbing. Loved Mirror Sisko, though, Avery Brook was just oozing charm when he needed to, and it was a fantastic counterpoint to those moments when he'd let the mask slip just enough for the audience to recognize that he's actually pretty miserable with being Mirror Kira's boy toy.

Next, we have "The Collaborator." I enjoyed this one, even with the villain managing to win. I loved the revelation at the end about who the real collaborator was, that was a brilliant twist.

Also, the episode "Battle Lines" becomes ironic in retrospect when we learn that Bajoran collaborators are sentenced to exile...

On the subject of Federation ship design, I'm a fan of Voyager, the Delta Flyer, and the Cerritos. No notes.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
A "kitbash" from the other Star Trek thread:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
The real Enterprise-G.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The book universe created something that actually looks quite a bit like that, but way way better.

It's supposed to be a 23rd-century scoutship, that's only like 3 decks tall, and I think it's a really cool take on the Starfleet design principles given that kind of size constraint.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Knormal posted:

The book universe created something that actually looks quite a bit like that, but way way better.

It's supposed to be a 23rd-century scoutship, that's only like 3 decks tall, and I think it's a really cool take on the Starfleet design principles given that kind of size constraint.

The Archer Class, that's a favourite of mine.

Actually done by a fan for the book series, the authors reached out to a fan whose creations they liked and commissioned them to design a scout.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
That's like Starfleet Universe done right.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Reminds me of https://www.starfleet-museum.org/

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That's the fan they collaborated with!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

That's the fan they collaborated with!

oh poo poo that rules lmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If they made a modern Trek DS9 that sucked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PbOqlimFlo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

zoux posted:

Idk if it's a parody or sincere but the baseball planet was just a hack move I lol'd irl

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No Dignity posted:

Idk if it's a parody or sincere but the baseball planet was just a hack move I lol'd irl
And they did it twice!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Also it’s MarC Alaimo lol.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

zoux posted:

It's just a rehash mashup of Discovery and Picard's "Things You Might Remember From Star Trek Flying Around An Esoteric Dreamspace" wet fart. Also I guess Prodigy also did that, but it at least looked cool in comparison.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Computer, give me the Expanse intro but with the Sisko

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://x.com/justinbaragona/status/1742969618891759675?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

How are these people so media illiterate

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_71QzBeaRg

This video covers it pretty well.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
In tonight's episode of DS9, the luckiest man in Starfleet, Chief Miles O'Brien, is arrested, found guilty, and sentenced to death for crimes against the Cardassian people in "Tribunal".

A good entry into the "O'Brien Must Suffer" canon. Great performances from O'Brien, Keiko and Odo, especially Odo in the courtroom during the trial.

Only one episode left to go in Season 2!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
To conservatives, Star Trek must look like a bunch of white dudes cruising through the universe in their living room while telling off random forehead aliens

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
They totally misread Kirk as a rugged individual man of action that fucks, instead of a nerdy collectivist ideologue that fucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

"She's a good ship"