Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

palm oil probably tips the scale to it being as bad as spam

don't care still want to try that garbage

oh poo poo I missed that. wouldn't have gotten it had I seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Cows are not raised entirely on grain, just finished for marbling and the taste most people love. It would still be prohibitively expensive to fully raise cattle off pasture. A grass only cow tastes a lot more gamey than most people tolerate nowadays too.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Bald Stalin posted:

I thought feeding grain/corn to cows caused more intramuscular fat. I swear just looking at 100% grass vs grain finished it's visibly different.

For sure you can get them fatter faster on grain, but grain isn't necessary for growing cows.

tokin opposition posted:

the only reason we have so many goddamn cows is because of those subsidies - how much empty grassland do you think exists? it's both less energy dense and takes more work for them to eat iirc

There's plenty of grassland being used to grow corn and soy because those get welfare and grazing pasture does not.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I had it in December it's fine but it's a big can so you'd better plan on sharing with friends

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

sometimes i forget normal people don't know all the insane poo poo i've chosen to submerge myself in every day for the last 2 decades

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1742716387414442129

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Voice of Labor posted:

14.88 on discount

conflicted jewish coffee addict that's like "but it's a really good deal..."

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Mantis42 posted:

conflicted jewish coffee addict that's like "but it's a really good deal..."

idgi

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

frozenphil posted:

For sure you can get them fatter faster on grain, but grain isn't necessary for growing cows.

Ok but you wrote earlier there was only one reason cows are fed grain, cost and subsidy, which isn't true. Not in the US and definitely not here where there isn't ridiculous corn subsidy. Anyhow it doesn't really matter.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://x.com/shirtsthtgohard/status/1742735805830103258?s=20

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

14 and 88 are numbers that Nazis use to meme about Nazi poo poo. Nazis are a flavor of fascist that believe there is a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Bald Stalin posted:

Nazis are a flavor of fascist that believe there is a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
meat is unsustainable, causes cancer, produces tons of greenhouse gases, and can be safely and efficiently replaced with vegetarian and vegan alternatives, like our friend the bean

it's not that you are a bad person for eating it, you're just a bad person for existing in a bad society that's obsessed with five pieces of meat a day and not doing anything to stop that from happening

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Honestly I like all the weird fake meat/meat replacements they make too. I don't seek an approximation of real meat, it's just its own fun taste sensation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYTXyq0CoU&t=99s

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Bald Stalin posted:

14 and 88 are numbers that Nazis use to meme about Nazi poo poo. Nazis are a flavor of fascist that believe there is a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race.

no i get that part

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Honestly I like all the weird fake meat/meat replacements they make too. I don't seek an approximation of real meat, it's just its own fun taste sensation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYTXyq0CoU&t=99s

i would buy the fake meat with "its own fun taste sensation" on the package and anyone who says otherwise is a liar

edit: i didn't click the video, is this covered in the video?

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

It has little grilled onions throughout the loaf, which looks revolting before you cook it but makes it quite tasty. It is as oily as you expect. .

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

meat is unsustainable, causes cancer, produces tons of greenhouse gases, and can be safely and efficiently replaced with vegetarian and vegan alternatives, like our friend the bean

it's not that you are a bad person for eating it, you're just a bad person for existing in a bad society that's obsessed with five pieces of meat a day and not doing anything to stop that from happening

im going to put you in a burrito and eat you

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

tokin opposition posted:

otoh if you veg out your body will stop producing the enzymes to digest meat. when the time comes to eat the rich, you will be unable to do your part

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Mantis42 posted:

im going to put you in a burrito and eat you

i'll say hi to your colon cancer on the way out

otoh if you veg out your body will stop producing the enzymes to digest meat. when the time comes to eat the rich, you will be unable to do your part

cats are obligate carnivores so i'll just use my army of stray cats

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

i'll say hi to your colon cancer on the way out

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Cows are not raised entirely on grain, just finished for marbling and the taste most people love. It would still be prohibitively expensive to fully raise cattle off pasture. A grass only cow tastes a lot more gamey than most people tolerate nowadays too.

Dang Americans are just giant babies.

blatman posted:

i would buy the fake meat with "its own fun taste sensation" on the package and anyone who says otherwise is a liar

edit: i didn't click the video, is this covered in the video?

I would not because it is expensive

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

im vegan

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
im vegeta

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Hi vegata I'm dad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I'm krilllllllllin a dream
vegeta

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Turns out all you need to do is occasionally kiss people who eat meat and that transfers all the needed bacteria and so forth

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1742516155364081667

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mola Yam posted:

im vegeta
gently caress you bro let's scrap

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

The other two dudes are David Gross and Kip Thorn, both Nobel laureates in physics.
e: and the dude in the back is probably Gerard 't Hooft, another laureate

Leandros has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Jan 4, 2024

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

spacemang_spliff posted:

No, more heathcliffs!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:thunk:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

do you think even rabidly crazy people see this and go "hmmm, no"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ich bin ein bullet bill

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Buy Enter the Gungeon during the Steam sale, it's only $3.50

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the rutabaga, a well known symbol of historical erasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Leandros posted:

The other two dudes are David Gross and Kip Thorn, both Nobel laureates in physics.
e: and the dude in the back is probably Gerard 't Hooft, another laureate

Notice also how not a single woman from the photo has a Nobel prize. Says a lot about patriarchy, IMO.