Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Taeke posted:

I actually burst out laughing so hard the kids turned around and asked me if I was okay lmao. Her delivery is perfect. It's going to be one of those things that'll pop into my head the and randomly make me giggle for the next couple of days
yes it's absolutely perfect and I had forgotten that it was Bush Did 9/11 877-CASH-NOW and I am also cracking up oh my god thank you space uncle and Bubblyblubber for the link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Morpheus posted:

lol if some mom from the midwest didn't do this a dozen times in the early 90s already.

repiv posted:

the "rolling" technique where they drum the back of the controller with multiple fingers only became widely known in 2021

before then the state-of-the-art was inducing spasms to hit the dpad >20 times per second with one finger which is probably not very healthy

Specifically they are referring to advancing the game to the point where the runstate hard locks and the player can no longer interact with the game. Which is known as a killscreen for these older generation of games.

They pushed the game so far past where the developers intended that the game started trying to read the game code out of RAM instead of the actual code and if the RAM included a stop command the game stops functioning (paraphrased and simplified).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJ5UuknsHU

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

I beat level 9 high 5 once.

There’s a rocket ship.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
https://x.com/tax_enjoyer/status/1742609692768207002?s=46

E: embed crops the image

LASER BEAM DREAM has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Jan 4, 2024

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Haha holy poo poo - I went to college with this guy's daughter and met him a few times at various events.

Really nice guy, 100% able to laugh about his name. Comes from a long line of Boozers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

This type of video should be illegal without the express consent of the Benihana chef. It's private property and being uploaded to a website that makes money off of it.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Air Skwirl posted:

This type of video should be illegal without the express consent of the Benihana chef. It's private property and being uploaded to a website that makes money off of it.

Looking into this

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Air Skwirl posted:

concerning.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
what takes place inside a Benihana should remain inside a Benihana. let us never speak of this again.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Air Skwirl posted:

Makes me angry. Even without onions I've got steam shooting out of my ears.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lobok posted:

Makes me angry. Even without onions I've got steam shooting out of my ears.
Weird, even without ears the steam is shooting out of my onion.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
My onions got ears and steams shooting out of it.

Edit: wait this is corn

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Haha holy poo poo - I went to college with this guy's daughter and met him a few times at various events.

Really nice guy, 100% able to laugh about his name. Comes from a long line of Boozers.

He quite effectively poked fun at it in his campaign advertisements.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

zedprime posted:

Weird, even without ears the steam is shooting out of my onion.

Can confirm this poster has that onion 😏

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ngl it’s weird as hell that Chapelle went from “super funny guy who as it turns out has some terrible loving opinions” to “guy whose entire thing is terrible loving opinions” in the blink of an eye

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Frank Frank posted:

Ngl it’s weird as hell that Chapelle went from “super funny guy who as it turns out has some terrible loving opinions” to “guy whose entire thing is terrible loving opinions” in the blink of an eye

He's also actively fought against affordable housing initiatives in his county. I'm talking going to council meetings and screaming about it because he can't stand the idea of having those dirty poors near him

He's the epitome of a loving rug pulling piece of poo poo

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I think Chapelle is the first comedian I've seen get brainworms without forgetting how to be funny. All of the other chud or chud-adjacent comics either were never-funny hacks (Jim Breuer, Bill Engvall) or people who snorted away their funny (Dennis Miller). Chapelle still knows how to craft a joke, but he's weaponized that to get the approval of the kind of people that he originally quit his show to avoid.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

what about John Cleese (I'm asking for real I have no idea)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

For those wondering why Kay Ivey is such a funny name

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Oh good, I was going mad trying to spot the pun in "Kay Ivey"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dans Macabre posted:

He was never a standup, I haven't really seen him act in anything lately, and I never found his observations/interviews all that good even before he went Limey Andy Rooney.

Also-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzvw6rCeaUg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dans Macabre posted:

Cleese's thing historically was being a good comedic actor, but that requires mobility and energy, and as An Old he has neither of those things.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://x.com/chiweethedog/status/1742276206589038594

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Why do they have to call me out for no reason.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Well poo poo.

I suppose I have to wonder what was my Quiznos phase? Undiagnosed schizophrenia?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Trabant posted:

Well poo poo.

I suppose I have to wonder what was my Quiznos phase? Undiagnosed schizophrenia?

It means you had depression, but also wanted your depression toasted.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Air Skwirl posted:

It means you had depression, but also wanted your depression toasted.

THEY HAVE A PEPPER BAR

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

OwlFancier posted:

Cleese's thing historically was being a good comedic actor, but that requires mobility and energy, and as An Old he has neither of those things.
Is John Cleese the British Chevy Chase?

Horace posted:

I beat level 9 high 5 once.

There’s a rocket ship.
Is this when it would say "You are the Tetris Master."? I had that happen exactly once and never remembered how you triggered it. I thought that's what it meant to "beat" Tetris.

Ommin has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Jan 4, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Frank Frank posted:

He's very rich, it's not weird or surprising at all.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Beating it to Tetris is what that dude who dated the goon and only wanted to gently caress to the Tetris theme song had to do after getting dumped.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Trabant posted:

Well poo poo.

Hang on let me check...

... yeah maybe.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Nuebot posted:

He's very rich, it's not weird or surprising at all.

True, but he's also upper class British, which you think would insulate you from having terrible opinions or a general disdain for the public

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
If I remember right John Cleese has some "kids these days" opinions, stuff about getting offended in comedy or whatnot, but doesn't have, like, lovely opinions on oppressed minorities. Pretty good chance someone can prove me wrong though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Morpheus posted:

If I remember right John Cleese has some "kids these days" opinions, stuff about getting offended in comedy or whatnot, but doesn't have, like, lovely opinions on oppressed minorities. Pretty good chance someone can prove me wrong though.

He's said some pretty terrible things about trans people, which is a little ironic because of how many Monty Python sketches involve one of them being in a dress. But he's old enough I don't actually care. It's like when people tried to cancel Ernest Borgnine for being anti Gay Marriage. Just nod at grandpa and remember the good things they did.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

He's said some pretty terrible things about trans people, which is a little ironic because of how many Monty Python sketches involve one of them being in a dress. But he's old enough I don't actually care. It's like when people tried to cancel Ernest Borgnine for being anti Gay Marriage. Just nod at grandpa and remember the good things they did.

Unfortunately you can pretty much assume any famous English person has bad trans opinions unless they've explicitly said otherwise, transphobia is real bad over there these days.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/paynushurts/status/1742064170374512704?t=cPfcgS2p4VfNY6VJlWWB5A&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Unfortunately you can pretty much assume any famous English person has bad trans opinions unless they've explicitly said otherwise, transphobia is real bad over there these days.

It's not good but i think with Cleese the only reason we hear his terrible opinions is people with better access to media try and elevate them because of his elder statesman of comedy persona he has and it shouldn't make you hate the dead parrot sketch in retrospect, and a part of it is getting an older man to just say dumb poo poo for views.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
At some point interviewing people for the papers becomes elder abuse, especially as they lose the ability to discern who and why is interviewing them. See also; Chomsky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I think he was also pro-Brexit and part of the Ricky Gervais-style "I should be allowed to offend anyone I want" thing. It's one of those things where because you pissed off some tories when you were in your twenties you assume there's no further growth needed and anyone telling you to consider the impact of your words just needs to get back in the loving kitchen.