Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Cocaine Bear posted:

Google is still very good for quickly converting C to F and currencies and to let me know how far a drive something is. That is all.

I was very good at converting C's into F's in college :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

...! posted:

I was very good at converting C's into F's in college :smug:

How good are you at Ds into Vs?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You know, a C turns into an F so easily. You just got greedy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tokin opposition posted:

yeah this has not stopped anyone ever

i'm convinced the average cishet guy is just barely repressing being a sexpest and doesn't believe anyone else could possibly not be doing that at all times, and of course society loving caters to them
Oh yeah, when trans students first started being a thing conservatives were yelling about constantly Mike Huckabee openly joked about how he wished he could have just put on a skirt and hang around inside the girl's locker room in high school.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sexpest Huckabee is an outlier adn should not have been counted.

That article predates the news about his longtime coauthor John Perry and the national prominence of his buddy Roy Moore.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Jan 3, 2024

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

wait are you telling me other people dont use half-doors for toilets? never really thought about it other than feet make it easy to see which is free

I use Dutch Doors on all my bathrooms so I can poop and also communicate with the outside world

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Desert Bus posted:

I use Dutch Doors on all my bathrooms so I can poop and also communicate with the outside world

Or when you want to talk to Mr. Ed.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

dialhforhero posted:

Or when you want to talk to Mr. Ed.

I did not feel the need to state the obvious but thanks you for chiming in with it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
You're welcome

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Nah, Mr Ed values his privacy. What is he, an animal?!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The only solution is to ban being a cishet man, force them to all wear dresses and have gay sex. That'll show the perverts what for

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

tokin opposition posted:

The only solution is to ban being a cishet man, force them to all wear dresses and have gay sex. That'll show the perverts what for

Please someone do this with the "Force me to be a Nazi" comic.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Crypto is back baybee!

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/stillgray/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Brush your teeth, kids.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The doc might have been a little too firm with the forceps.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Or not firm enough.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Good lord...

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

lol @ "Shooting cops hurts my feelings!!"

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

lol @ "Shooting cops hurts my feelings!!"

When I see a cyber policeman, I stand up from my chair and salute the screen until they walk away.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The General posted:

How much time does it take you to setup after a fresh install? a couple hours at most?

Not counting all the times after that when you realise you forgot to install or set something up and have to stop what you're doing to do that. That's the real hassle of a new device or factory reset.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My last laptop refresh for work to a full day to get the basics up and running and a full week further to be fully 1:1 up to speed. The thought of doing that every year just sounds dumb as hell.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

quote:

Despite rare references to the operation on living women, the initial purpose was essentially to retrieve the infant from a dead or dying mother; this was conducted either in the rather vain hope of saving the baby's life, or as commonly required by religious edicts, so the infant might be buried separately from the mother. Above all it was a measure of last resort, and the operation was not intended to preserve the mother's life. It was not until the nineteenth century that such a possibility really came within the grasp of the medical profession.

quote:

Perhaps the first written record we have of a mother and baby surviving a cesarean section comes from Switzerland in 1500 when a sow gelder, Jacob Nufer, performed the operation on his wife. After several days in labor and help from thirteen midwives, the woman was unable to deliver her baby. Her desperate husband eventually gained permission from the local authorities to attempt a cesarean. The mother lived and subsequently gave birth normally to five children, including twins. The cesarean baby lived to be 77 years old. Since this story was not recorded until 82 years later historians question its accuracy
(https://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/cesarean/part1.html)

I love the fact that elon is simultaneously stupid enough to think a couple thousand years (at most since we don't exactly have great records that far back) is enough to change anything on evolutionary timescales and tacitly admitting that he doesn't care about childbearing people's lives after they've had children. tell me you hate women without etc etc.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

also elon allegedly has a robot penis implant and even more allegedly has a breeding farm much like his good friend Jeffery Epstein and not-allegedly-at-all does IVF so that he only has XY chromosome'd children really tells you that there's A Lot Going On with the guy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tokin opposition posted:

also elon allegedly has a robot penis implant and even more allegedly has a breeding farm much like his good friend Jeffery Epstein and not-allegedly-at-all does IVF so that he only has XY chromosome'd children really tells you that there's A Lot Going On with the guy

Can you select for chromosomes in IVF? I genuinely don't know how that works.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

Can you select for chromosomes in IVF? I genuinely don't know how that works.

100%.

Edit: that's why musk has mostly boys.

Spazzle has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Jan 4, 2024

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Historically, a lot of women died in childbirth because one or more childhood diseases had rendered their pelvic bones too small for an infant head. Brains had nothing to do with it.

A lot more had to do with breech births, shoulder dystopia, and other poo poo that had nothing to do with brains.

Tl:dr C-sections are about saving mothers' and infants' lives and Elon can go gently caress himself.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

Google is still very good for quickly converting C to F

AI does that too, once the teacher finds out an AI wrote your paper

E;fb

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The pre-AI, pre-internet way of cheating was copying entire articles from an Encarta CD and handing that in as your essay.

I did that once, and the teach wrote on the returned paper "I don't think you wrote this, but I don't know where you got this from, so at least you tried. C+"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
"I thought it was a SHAME he is a pedophile" :saddumb:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Historically, a lot of women died in childbirth because one or more childhood diseases had rendered their pelvic bones too small for an infant head. Brains had nothing to do with it.

A lot more had to do with breech births, shoulder dystopia, and other poo poo that had nothing to do with brains.

Tl:dr C-sections are about saving mothers' and infants' lives and Elon can go gently caress himself.

This thread got me curious so I read a bit about the history and etymology of cesarean sections and now I'm sad(der). :(

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't imagine a world where a terrifyingly powerful entity would selectively weaponize the law against its enemies.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://twitter.com/hilaryagro/status/1229177598003077123

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

*AI phoning the police*
This man has a fish that is illegal in Madagascar and, thusly, is illegal here. Arrest this man.

Police dispatcher: yeah, uh huh. We'll get back to you when we find your can of tuna.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Yes the ai (actually the llm’s) have so far proved quite adept at helping in the legal profession.

I wonder what he imagines is actually in the “entire legal code”, because maybe it’s the way he lives his life that makes it hard to follow the law but I don’t think it’s full of gotchas just waiting to be weaponised or we’d definitely see that being abused already.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BirdOfPlay posted:

*AI phoning the police*
This man has a fish that is illegal in Madagascar and, thusly, is illegal here. Arrest this man.

Police dispatcher: yeah, uh huh. We'll get back to you when we find your can of tuna.

Yeah, if anything this would make it easier to commit crimes people actually give a poo poo about (murder, rape, theft) easier to commit because the police system would be overloaded with illegal parking or zoning violations or whatever.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lazy_Liberal posted:

it's so people don't sleep, gently caress, or use drugs in them

all stuff that can be solved with free housing

(also you should still use drugs and gently caress in them regardless)

doors off shitters is a fent thing, happened when ppl started dyin from fent in shitters everywhere, it's why stores almost all have numcode/key entry bathrooms now too

it's lovely & obviously not addressing the problem but minimum wage ain't enough for 20 y/o drugstore clerks to walk in on bodies when they're closing up so i get it

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Where did the AI get a gun and why can't we take away the gun from the computer program? Like, with another gun, or failing that perhaps a rock or heavy stick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The very last thing Americans need to worry about is our government giving up law enforcement authority from partisan elected officials and appointees to some hypothetical impartial entity