Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Ho, Ho, Hey Now!

edit: MayDAY MayDAY I'm a page snypa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Was he gonna send Tom Smothers a note?

Smothers brothers loving owned and were well ahead of their time.

I love how they pulled off all this subversive left leaning poo poo while looking like they just left choir practice at church and coming off as square looking as Johnny Carson. I have to assume Stern was a fan. Probably Artie too.

Here's Liberace getting pulled over by the cops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biPiMrgHMpo

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I was going to post that but thought I'd give someone else a turn :-)

Fun fact: The cancelling of the Smothers Brothers show lead the success of Hee Haw.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BiggerBoat posted:

Was he gonna send Tom Smothers a note?

Smothers brothers loving owned and were well ahead of their time.

I love how they pulled off all this subversive left leaning poo poo while looking like they just left choir practice at church and coming off as square looking as Johnny Carson. I have to assume Stern was a fan. Probably Artie too.

Here's Liberace getting pulled over by the cops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biPiMrgHMpo

Is that Bob Einstein as the cop?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

We can thank them for inspiring the Brothers Brothers on In Living Color.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is that Bob Einstein as the cop?

Yep! Super Dave was a writer on the show.

BTW, I was binging on Super Dave episodes because someone uploaded them to YT. And, of course, Super Dave's appearance on Norm Macdonald Live is just a goddamn classic.

https://archive.org/details/Norm_Macdonald_Live

Zoben fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 28, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Definitely one of the best blue card segments the show ever had.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
How the hell was Tommy Smothers only 86, I swear he was an old man when I was a kid but it turns out he was younger than I am now :qq:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I saw the Smothers Brothers live at a county fair in Michigan with my parents some time in the mid 80s when I was like 12. They did a song about growing and smoking marijuana which kind of blew me away because at that time, especially in the stiflingly conservative area we lived it felt borderline against the law to openly say “weed is okay”.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
The Smothers Brother’s walked so Jackie the Jokeman could run.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ralph Hurley posted:

I saw the Smothers Brothers live at a county fair in Michigan with my parents some time in the mid 80s when I was like 12. They did a song about growing and smoking marijuana which kind of blew me away because at that time, especially in the stiflingly conservative area we lived it felt borderline against the law to openly say “weed is okay”.

Country music is funny. The material is pretty adult and the people that write and sing it are some of the most degenerate addicts ever know, yet they are considered to be good people because...country?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Country music is funny. The material is pretty adult and the people that write and sing it are some of the most degenerate addicts ever know, yet they are considered to be good people because...country?

Degenerate behavior and "boys will be boys" style behavior is identical but one is a write-off because of societal/political synergy

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The grift is still going from the grave. I just got an email from Riley Martin that they are selling his last 150 symbols for $100 each on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1630246460/riley-martins-last-symbols-riley-martins They even have screenshots of his bobbleheads going for a few hundred bucks on eBay to try and convince people they will go up in value.

That said, I do have mine framed and personalized in my office and it's a cool piece of show history... but not for $100.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
How many piss jugs remain?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

It seems like every so often the ghost of Riley comes up with more symbols. I'm pretty sure his buddy Eron has been "discovering" more symbols to sell for years now.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Happy new year, you jackals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MlTyrVPjbU&t=15s

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I love. Black. Wang.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
"I'm only saying this because I heard it from two New York cops" -artie lange, right before saying something insanely racist out of nowhere

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Artie the Greek

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Anyone wanna bet if anyone from Stern Show is on the Epstein list?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Now that Ralphie is gone, how long will it take before Howard starts wearing a cowboy hat like Imus?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

Are Trump and Giuliani officially wackpackers now?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Jimmy Kimmel

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Jimble Kimbel

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Stop pretending. We all know that Beet was the only one to go to Epstein's island. He went there a cupa times. He got the pussy and they was 24 years old, they was 54 years old!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If you listen to brain-damaged Aaron Rogers, sure.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

If you listen to brain-damaged Aaron Rogers, sure.

I really really hope Kimmel tells Disney/ABC/ESPN to go gently caress themselves and sues Rogers and McAfee

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Artie the Greek

Had a great Artie memory the other day, when he "apologized" to the Hack Pack, and told them exactly how untalented they are. That was awesome, I should look that up. Super awkward.

Corb3t posted:

Now that Ralphie is gone, how long will it take before Howard starts wearing a cowboy hat like Imus?

Ouch. loving ouch. But accurate.

I guess Beth will have to take over for Ralph?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who is picking clothes out for Howard now ?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I really really hope Kimmel tells Disney/ABC/ESPN to go gently caress themselves and sues Rogers and McAfee

What would he be suing McAfee for exactly?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

McAfee? Who's that?

The only remotely controversial McAfee I know of died a while ago, didn't he?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

McAfee? Who's that?

The only remotely controversial McAfee I know of died a while ago, didn't he?

Pat McAfee is the host of the show on ESPN where Rodgers made the accusation.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Sand Monster posted:

What would he be suing McAfee for exactly?
Defamation along with Rogers.
Its his show, he hired Rogers as a commentator, pays him and allowed him to defame Kimmel live on the air without saying a word against it....and its clearly gotten plenty of traction around the internet because the Stern show thread is the last place I thought anything coming out of the mouth of a washed up and concussed NFL QB would be repeated.
Also his excuse for Rogers "just poo poo talking" is actually the exact opposite of what you wanna say if you are accused of Libel or defamation. He basically said "yah he had no proof or anything to back that up and was just talking poo poo" He essentially called Kimmel a pedo on a nationally broadcast show. Pretty sure the dude whos name is on that show, Pat McAfee also has some legal responsibility here....which is why he tried to apologize on his show and said he hopes they can work it out and not go to court....cause he knows in court he would be hosed.

Who is this Aaron Rogers guy Robin? Ive never heard of him.

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 4, 2024

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I'm a degenerate who listens to howard stern clips while reading the NFL threads.

Been listening to the ronnie collections and some of the best content was Gary telling the audience at Scores in Miami how they could listen to the show.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Defamation along with Rogers.
Its his show, he hired Rogers as a commentator, pays him and allowed him to defame Kimmel live on the air without saying a word against it....and its clearly gotten plenty of traction around the internet because the Stern show thread is the last place I thought anything coming out of the mouth of a washed up and concussed NFL QB would be repeated.
Also his excuse for Rogers "just poo poo talking" is actually the exact opposite of what you wanna say if you are accused of Libel or defamation. He basically said "yah he had no proof or anything to back that up and was just talking poo poo" He essentially called Kimmel a pedo on a nationally broadcast show. Pretty sure the dude whos name is on that show, Pat McAfee also has some legal responsibility here....which is why he tried to apologize on his show and said he hopes they can work it out and not go to court....cause he knows in court he would be hosed.

I guess we'll see how it plays out. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I watch/listen to his show. I assumed ESPN was paying Rodgers for his appearances, not McAfee, and it seems a little odd to me that a host of a program could be sued for defamation for what someone else says on the show.

Speaking of that, what ever happened to the lawsuit Beth was filing against Imus for his accusation on his show that she had herpes?

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 4, 2024

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I'm a degenerate who listens to howard stern clips while reading the NFL threads.

Been listening to the ronnie collections and some of the best content was Gary telling the audience at Scores in Miami how they could listen to the show.

I don’t know if it’s balls or stupidity that Gary did personal appearances for decades with absolutely zero charm, wit or comedic ability. He has nothing ever to say or do except to show off those disgraceful caps.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
We at least got the stolen Gary puppet and Elephant Boy making GBS threads himself stories out of it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

it seems a little odd to me that a host of a program could be sued for defamation for what someone else says on the show.

Fox News and Newsmax and the anchors of the news shows were/are both being sued for over a billion dollars for the exact same thing. If you put someone on the air you are responsible for the poo poo they say.

Look at it from the Stern show perspective. Remember all the crazy poo poo Cabbie would come in and spew? Tom and Howard would both shut him down ASAP or stern would say "well thats just an allegation and I dont condone that" or whatever. Howard and Tom both new the station and Howard could be sued for stuff Cabbie said over the air.

Sand Monster posted:

Speaking of that, what ever happened to the lawsuit Beth was filing against Imus for his accusation on his show that she had herpes?
Imus Died?

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 4, 2024

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Very Harsh settlement terms if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Very Harsh settlement terms if you ask me

He never really recovered after that "nappy headed hoes" comment