Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I did wish CR had better overworld movement aside from bunny hopping. was so disappointed shes not a flyer

also I really need to start playing other styles again aside from hyperbloom lol, used to run Hu Tao vape for a while but shes so unfun to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My Hu Tao and my wanderer team are my “just get this poo poo done” abyss floor 12 teams.

I actually get mad when something doesn’t let me use them.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

My only wish for Clorinde is that she works on Navia's team. Of course with my luck she'll be a hypercarry, and I mean I wouldn't be sad if she was Keqing 2.0 but I REALLY just want her and Navia to work on a team because they are wives and should be bis for each other.
Trying to make them the best for each other is dangerous territory. It would be pretty hard to do without making her a completely broken general-purpose support, because she'd have to buff Navia more effectively than Bennett and Furina. Maybe she could be an analogue to Raiden who likes skills rather than bursts? Or have some specific synergy with Crystallize. I don't like that as much. It seems too narrow.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FractalSandwich posted:

Trying to make them the best for each other is dangerous territory. It would be pretty hard to do without making her a completely broken general-purpose support, because she'd have to buff Navia more effectively than Bennett and Furina. Maybe she could be an analogue to Raiden who likes skills rather than bursts? Or have some specific synergy with Crystallize. I don't like that as much. It seems too narrow.

She could just be 5* Fischl which would be an insanely strong character on her own right. I just want her to be a decent option for Navia's team, so basically having her off field focused, instead of being unusable for Navia which basically be Cyno 2.0.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Are Bennett's C5 and C6 super useful? I've still got a 50/50 to power through but I think Nahida is must-pull until Kazuha and then I'm free to just spend every primo as I get them because I don't really care after that

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tampa Bae posted:

Are Bennett's C5 and C6 super useful? I've still got a 50/50 to power through but I think Nahida is must-pull until Kazuha and then I'm free to just spend every primo as I get them because I don't really care after that
C5 is straightforward just good but not a game changer, has him heal 20% more per tick and makes his buff about 16% better. C6 is controversial, net a positive given the current game roster but makes him worse with a few specific characters (like keqing). So many people never activate C6 that having a red exclamation mark next to Bennett forever is a running joke a lot of people suffer through. I never activated mine at this point I think it's funny to never activate it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 4, 2024

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum

rio posted:

Though if I can ever pull ONE more Sara I will dust her off to finally try a proper Raiden Hypercarry comp…my hatred of c6 required niche supports was born early because of her sitting literally for years at c5.

Same. All my 5*s are c0 except a c2 Raiden but maybe this go around is when I can finally get Sara from c5 over the line.
She's been serving a useful purpose since Sumeru though: Sara is where I park Raiden's EM gear set for easy reference

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The other niche 4 star c6-bait characters (gorou, faruzan) are at least usable with multiple characters. Sara is just raiden, and I like sara a lot more than I like raiden. I think its almost impossible to design another unit that uses her though because her C6 bonus doesnt snapshot and Sara has such a massive energy cost with poor particle generation.

Very unfortunate that xianyun doesnt buff raiden's plunges because it could inject some new life into a very stale comp otherwise.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 4, 2024

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

bagrada posted:

After trying them out I went for the shiny new Navia. Lost the 50-50 and got Tighnari. I saw him mentioned a few times in the last page so yay I guess. Now I have a guarantee in my pocket.

That's a really great pickup. Not only is he really great to have during Sumeru exploration, his damage output is comparable to a limited 5 star in single-target. Which is pretty good, seeing as how some limited 5 stars' damage output is only comparable to a limited 5 star in single target anyway. And he's pretty easy to gear, too: his best f2p bow is the 3 star Slingshot, and you'll just get a strong 4 piece wanderer's troupe from doing weekly bosses and building characters. As a bonus, he also works great with Nahida (tho basically any dendro-related thing works with Nahida...)

As a side note, Zhongli was highly recommended by most people here, but not me. Well, Tighnari is one of those rare cases where I actually DO like him quite a lot: Tighnari/Nahida/Zhongli/(Miko or Fischl)

Here, particle generation isn't really a big deal, his omni-resistance shred hits both relevant elements (and isn't just worse than using an anemo), and his shield's sustain + interrupt resistance are BOTH relevant. There's not a lot of teams where this is the case! For me, it's this team, Hu Tao... that's it :geno:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

halokiller posted:

I did wish CR had better overworld movement aside from bunny hopping. was so disappointed shes not a flyer

Been retaining too many clouds

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

That's a really great pickup. Not only is he really great to have during Sumeru exploration, his damage output is comparable to a limited 5 star in single-target. Which is pretty good, seeing as how some limited 5 stars' damage output is only comparable to a limited 5 star in single target anyway. And he's pretty easy to gear, too: his best f2p bow is the 3 star Slingshot, and you'll just get a strong 4 piece wanderer's troupe from doing weekly bosses and building characters. As a bonus, he also works great with Nahida (tho basically any dendro-related thing works with Nahida...)

As a side note, Zhongli was highly recommended by most people here, but not me. Well, Tighnari is one of those rare cases where I actually DO like him quite a lot: Tighnari/Nahida/Zhongli/(Miko or Fischl)

Here, particle generation isn't really a big deal, his omni-resistance shred hits both relevant elements (and isn't just worse than using an anemo), and his shield's sustain + interrupt resistance are BOTH relevant. There's not a lot of teams where this is the case! For me, it's this team, Hu Tao... that's it :geno:

Tighnari and Yae are a match made in heaven

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The world movement might be pretty good. looks like she gains altitude quickly, which is more than can be said for Wanderer, who is mostly there to help you save stam.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

BlackPersona posted:

Black Tassel gives HP as its secondary stat, which, AFAIK, no 4* spear gives. And since Zhongli's shield is based on his HP... you get the picture.
The new crafted Fontaine spear I forget the name of has an HP substat but it's a lot lower and for HP scaling charqcters you usually want to stack a boatload and ignore ATK so Black Tassel (or Favonius depending on energy) usually wins out still.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Irony about zhongli being bad in abyss when the current rotation is basically made for him

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I run a hybrid Zhongli and there are few things more satisfying than deleting a crowd of mobs with the power of big rock.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Note Block posted:

Tighnari and Yae are a match made in heaven

Yae feels like a huge luxury pull but goddamn I’ve wanted to get her for a long time. I lost a 50/50 to Tighnari when I was trying to pull Neuvi dupes and it was a good loss - maybe the best 50/50 loss assuming someone has Jean already, and built him. He’s great and hearing Yae matches well might push me over the edge to actually pick her up this time.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Thank you for that birthday message game and for reminding me that Scaramouche is now the edgy goth kid at school.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

rio posted:

Yae feels like a huge luxury pull but goddamn I’ve wanted to get her for a long time. I lost a 50/50 to Tighnari when I was trying to pull Neuvi dupes and it was a good loss - maybe the best 50/50 loss assuming someone has Jean already, and built him. He’s great and hearing Yae matches well might push me over the edge to actually pick her up this time.

Yae is very good straight out the gate, her turrets do very strong damage, and all of her constellations are good. She's not a battery like Fischl or Raiden but she brings a lot of incidental and spread out damage that is extremely comfy. Things just die around her, both in the world and in domains/abyss, which is massive sometimes. No one else really does what she does, so she's very unique. My most biased opinion is that she is the strongest c6 in the game but I also have like 50 characters at c6 so I can at least judge it semi-factually. I do recognize though that some comps, especially in abyss, would rather have Fischl or Raiden or any other number of characters in her place due to team requirements or synergy, but going back to Tighnari, he is pretty much her best dendro unit and she is definitely his best electro unit. She is absolutely a luxury in the best way possible.

However, if she ends up on the banner with Nahida, that's one of the only instances I'd ever, ever say to weigh your options. Nahida is almost too good to pass on, even for my favorite bae Yae.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Scaramouche went so quickly from "Oh wow this guy is going to be a problem in this story" to "Stop listening to Tool and just act normal for a second".

It also reminded me that I changed his name to Don_Sombrero from that one event where he was called Hat Guy in each localization.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Doublepost but I am really enjoying the quality of life improvements being put into this version and hopefully the next.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Note Block posted:

Yae is very good straight out the gate, her turrets do very strong damage, and all of her constellations are good. She's not a battery like Fischl or Raiden but she brings a lot of incidental and spread out damage that is extremely comfy. Things just die around her, both in the world and in domains/abyss, which is massive sometimes. No one else really does what she does, so she's very unique. My most biased opinion is that she is the strongest c6 in the game but I also have like 50 characters at c6 so I can at least judge it semi-factually. I do recognize though that some comps, especially in abyss, would rather have Fischl or Raiden or any other number of characters in her place due to team requirements or synergy, but going back to Tighnari, he is pretty much her best dendro unit and she is definitely his best electro unit. She is absolutely a luxury in the best way possible.

However, if she ends up on the banner with Nahida, that's one of the only instances I'd ever, ever say to weigh your options. Nahida is almost too good to pass on, even for my favorite bae Yae.

I was thinking of maybe trying for Nahida dupes but trying to get two copies for c2 with no guarantee preloaded sounds like pain compared to just getting Yae and calling it a day. Nahida is one of those characters where her c2 is so busted but she’s already so good that I don’t miss having it at all. Will have to think about it but will likely try for Yae just because I’ve wanted to pull her for so long.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Yae's C1 and C2 are huge quality of life improvements, while Nahida's -- although they're also insanely good -- are mostly just "more damage"

i have them both at C0 and i'm probably gonna roll for Yae if/when that banner actually comes around

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I wonder why everyone calls Miko by her last name...?

I mean I guess I call Raiden by her last name, technically. But I do it because I'm usually talking about my very best friend: a funny robot that kills people. Who doesn't have a name I think? So Raidens like a title basically. It's different.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i'm pretty sure Miko is a title

apparently not, it's written with different characters

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

MoonCrab posted:

I mean I guess I call Raiden by her last name, technically. But I do it because I'm usually talking about my very best friend: a funny robot that kills people. Who doesn't have a name I think? So Raidens like a title basically. It's different.

I've always just assumed it's ignorance (not that I blame people for this). I hear people say "Kuki" instead of Shinobu sometimes too.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i think it's fairly safe to assume most genshin players are weebs and it's just a combination of laziness and making the same assumption i did about "Miko"

nobody's going around talking about "Arataki" after all

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Maxwells Demon posted:

Scaramouche went so quickly from "Oh wow this guy is going to be a problem in this story" to "Stop listening to Tool and just act normal for a second".

Everyone in this game slowly gravitates toward Dork-rear end losers, and I'm here for it.

The rare character that isn't a dork-rear end loser has no place in my team. (looking at you Thoma)

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

MoonCrab posted:

The robot is "the Shogun", and Raiden is the title (which can be applied to the Shogun, Ei, and formerly Makoto), but the playable character is supposed to be Ei piloting the Shogun.

(Inazumans refer to their archon as "Raiden Shogun" because they don't realize the Shogun is a robot.)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Eiception

rio
Mar 20, 2008

MoonCrab posted:

Yae is the constant name between all of her characters between here and HI3 - like there is Yae Sakura, Yae Miko, Yae Kasumi etc. so it’s just easiest for me to compartmentalize them all to her surname.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

rio posted:

Yae is the constant name between all of her characters between here and HI3 - like there is Yae Sakura, Yae Miko, Yae Kasumi etc. so it’s just easiest for me to compartmentalize them all to her surname.

Similarly, Raiden Ei already feels like a "call her by her title / last name" person, but especially so once you know Raiden Mei, who aside from an edgy phase during a heel turn that got completely wasted, is not.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Maxwells Demon posted:

Doublepost but I am really enjoying the quality of life improvements being put into this version and hopefully the next.

Being able to just collect expedition rewards and send everyone back off in the span of a second is the QoL improvement I didn't know I needed until I got it, and the first time I wanted something from Genshin to make it into HSR

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shinji2015 posted:

Being able to just collect expedition rewards and send everyone back off in the span of a second is the QoL improvement I didn't know I needed until I got it, and the first time I wanted something from Genshin to make it into HSR

Yeah it's loving great.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MoonCrab posted:

It would sound funny to call her Yay.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Miko can be a name but I'm way more used to it being used to signify shrine maiden...and she's the head of a shrine. My brain has problems scanning it as as a name even if I know better.

Ditto for Shinobu.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

MoonCrab posted:

Miko is her TITLE. Her NAME is Guuiji Yae. I'm calling her by her first name.

Also bae yae is fun to write and we are on the internet.

rio posted:

Also this.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

Miko is her TITLE. Her NAME is Guuiji Yae. I'm calling her by her first name.

Also bae yae is fun to write and we are on the internet.

Also this.

I thought Guuji was a title?

e:

Yae friendship level 3 spoiler

About Yae Miko 2:
Kitsune Saiguu said that she was going off on a long trip, and she's never been back since. *sigh* At the time, I wasn't the least bit inclined to take on the burden of managing the Grand Narukami Shrine. So she told me that as Guuji, I would be able to eat all the Fried Tofu I desired. As if that would be a convincing reason... That woman spoke so much nonsense, honestly, she could be so insufferable...

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I thought Guuji was a title?

e:

Yae friendship level 3 spoiler
Kitsune Saiguu said that she was going off on a long trip, and she's never been back since. *sigh* At the time, I wasn't the least bit inclined to take on the burden of managing the Grand Narukami Shrine. So she told me that as Guuji, I would be able to eat all the Fried Tofu I desired. As if that would be a convincing reason... That woman spoke so much nonsense, honestly, she could be so insufferable...

Miko is literally a title in Japanese. It's also not a name. As stated by rio, all games have her as Yae. She's Yae lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

Miko is literally a title in Japanese. It's also not a name. As stated by rio, all games have her as Yae. She's Yae lol

Her first name is "神子", "Miko". It's a play on words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

But her title is "Guuji"

Miko is written as "god child" , not as "shrine maiden". It is not her title.