Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I wonder if Elon has played Cyberpunk 2077 or is planning to because I would love to hear his opinion about it. The entire game is a dystopian nightmare where large corporations control everything. He would probably think it's the greatest thing in the world, and not realize it would be absolute hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

John Yossarian posted:

I wonder if Elon has played Cyberpunk 2077 or is planning to because I would love to hear his opinion about it. The entire game is a dystopian nightmare where large corporations control everything. He would probably think it's the greatest thing in the world, and not realize it would be absolute hell.

he'd be mad you cant play as yorinobu

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

John Yossarian posted:

I’m sure he has since he literally showed up to the studio with a gun and demanded to do a voice in the DLC

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Mons Hubris posted:

I’m sure he has since he literally showed up to the studio with a gun and demanded to do a voice in the DLC

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Time_pants posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what

CD Projekt Red cast Grimes in a minor role for the game, so Elon, jealous that his girlfriend was going to be in a cyberpunk and he wasn't, showed up to her recording session in the studio with a 200 year old flintlock musket and very strongly implied in his atonal Rick Bish way "put me in the game too or I'll shoot one of you, I don't care who."

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

Steadiman posted:

Also isn’t that Spaces thing just a glorified group voice call? How is that supposed to help content creators monetize? Podcasts?

Commercial use cases are paid group coaching sessions or live discussions of interest groups where paying members of the audience can join in.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

nine-gear crow posted:

CD Projekt Red cast Grimes in a minor role for the game, so Elon, jealous that his girlfriend was going to be in a cyberpunk and he wasn't, showed up to her recording session in the studio with a 200 year old flintlock musket and very strongly implied in his atonal Rick Bish way "put me in the game too or I'll shoot one of you, I don't care who."

Oh.

Well then.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
he probably hasn't played it, because he would have cosplayed, or at least bragged about owning some sort of trinket from the game.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

he probably hasn't played it, because he would have cosplayed, or at least bragged about owning some sort of trinket from the game.

The role they cast him in after it was all said and done is "Shifty guy tweaking in the corner of a gender neutral bathroom who the player character tells to gently caress off, which he does, and then gets replaced by a generic NPC a couple patches later after the story of him threatening his way into the game broke."

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Time_pants posted:

Not since the one and only time they ever made payments.

conversely i wonder if Elon saw a dime from the manosphere guys publicly promising millions to replace declining ad revenue

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Grimes Cameo in Cyberpunk is truly awkward.

She's really not entirely sure how her mousy, lisping 14y girl voice should emphasize the lines she has.

A few are probably on the nose tho

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

The role they cast him in after it was all said and done is "Shifty guy tweaking in the corner of a gender neutral bathroom who the player character tells to gently caress off, which he does, and then gets replaced by a generic NPC a couple patches later after the story of him threatening his way into the game broke."

he then fukken buys the dev team and the game rights. "xxX-Cxberpxnk 2x77-Xxx" - part of the everything App

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

thathonkey posted:

competitive videogames did not exist when i was a kid they certainly didnt exist when he was a kid (holy poo poo lol that man is 52... god drat)

How loving old are you? I'm 45 and competitive video games existed before I had any interest in them. (Because the Atari 2600 was poo poo and I thought our TV had broken down when my older brother was competitively playing Combat or whatever with his mates on it.)

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Lol silly zoomers and their tick tocks about videoed games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TscjsNMvnDg

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

cyberpunk is woke Elon will never talk about playing it

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

Lol silly zoomers and their tick tocks about videoed games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TscjsNMvnDg

... California...?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kevin DuBrow posted:

There was a South Park episode about how Hollywood only wants to make movies starring gay black women. "Put a chick in it, make her lame and gay" is quote from that episode that idiots have been repeating since.

So, out of morbid curiosity, just how openly transphobic are Matt Stone and Trey Parker nowadays?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, out of morbid curiosity, just how openly transphobic are Matt Stone and Trey Parker nowadays?
They had an episode on transgender people using bathrooms like a decade ago that concluded anyone uncomfortable with it is a loser.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

That was one of their generic Chinese business man NPCs with similar hair to Elon. People couldn't tell that in the dark bathroom lighting. They changed it because they were sick of people who never played the game insisting that it was the voiced role Musk demanded at gunpoint.

The senior quest designer is pretty clear about it never being an Elon cameo.

FurtherReading fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 4, 2024

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

SpaceX accused of unlawfully firing workers critical of CEO Elon Musk

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

should have used a flame trench

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

DicktheCat posted:

They're trying to make it the everything app, but it's pretty much useless for any purpose at this point.

There was a golden sliver of years that it was useful to me as a way to keep up with people, post art, see art, and make announcements for commission openings. A lot of conventions used it to announce things, and I could keep up with a lot of important things.

Then, they decided that a chronological feed was for chumps (no, putting the settings back won't be permanent), and I needed to see content from people I wasn't following (no, saying you don't want to see that won't be permanent).

What tore it for me actually happened a while before Musk got ahold of it. I had a client that was actually a pretty decently known rapper, and a good one, at that. Twitter was our point of contact, and their buggy DM system didn't send me his replies on some time- sensitive requests until a couple hours before his new single was going live. I'll die angry about it, and refuse to use Twitter as a primary contact for anything professional.

Eat poo poo and die, whoever decided that I needed to get notifications for tweets that don't involve me, instead of loading my DMs. I hope you have forever stubbed toes.

Why were you using Twitter (of all things) for something like that?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

snoremac posted:

They had an episode on transgender people using bathrooms like a decade ago that concluded anyone uncomfortable with it is a loser.

What if you're uncomfortable sharing a restroom with anyone regardless of gender?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What if you're uncomfortable sharing a restroom with anyone regardless of gender?

When I use the bathroom I demand everyone come in to witness my pissy violence

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

To be fair thats 99.99999% of the world.
No one wants to fart up a poo poo storm in a public restroom, you always hold it in until you think there is no one else in.
While they are holding in theirs hoping you will get out first.

Many a silent poop war goes on across the land.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

kazil posted:

X has a record number of users!
*both Elon and Linda respond to the same half dozen posters all day long*

One of the two is getting paid to do that.
Not such a brag when you aren't that one.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

nine-gear crow posted:

I guarantee you it was the toy on his desk in the George Washington box that was hanging out with the Deus Ex gun and the empty Diet Cokes, not a 200 year old antique gun

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Kale
May 14, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Man, these dorks are gonna be quoting that one line from that one South Park episode for the next 20 year now because they despise concept of womanhood that much, aren't they?

Yep they're that terrible at comedy.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Steadiman posted:

Has Musk at least made the Twitter video player not poo poo yet? Cause maybe he should start there before begging creators to believe that comments and likes and a fake view counter are worth more than YouTube revenue

I think he legitimately has just given up entirely at this point and wants to post through it with Linda and his right wing buddies that everything continues to go great and that its in fact Hollywood that needs fixing. This also means the wild hairbrained overnight changes may slow down as well. He's just very very concerned about the "woke mind virus" and non white people doing things now.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How loving old are you? I'm 45 and competitive video games existed before I had any interest in them. (Because the Atari 2600 was poo poo and I thought our TV had broken down when my older brother was competitively playing Combat or whatever with his mates on it.)

im almost 40 but to clarify i meant games designed specifically to be competitive multiplayer did not exist back then. certainly you can play any game - video or otherwise - competitively but it was not nearly as mainstream compared to these days with twitch and esports scenes etc

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It’s incredible how much power you wield over your fellow man simply by being able to use a public bathroom without having a panic attack

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Anywhere can be a public bathroom if you're brave enough

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Just poop on the streets that's what they do in San Francisco right

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

god he just posts a million times a night amplifying the same stupid poo poo every day

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

God they’re still pushing the caravan poo poo?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

nine-gear crow posted:

Man, these dorks are gonna be quoting that one line from that one South Park episode for the next 20 year now because they despise concept of womanhood that much, aren't they?
tbf liberal id pol does the same thing but in the opposite direction.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

NERV

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

FlamingLiberal posted:

God they’re still pushing the caravan poo poo?

Racist capitalists have always painted the poor powerless non-white people as the cause of all the problems resulting from capitalism. Why stop now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its true italian natives are too afraid to eat meatballs now in their own country because they may have been made too spicy by a IMMIGRANT