Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Google Jeb Bush posted:

hey, did y'all know there's a little graphic over each die showing which abnormality part it's attached to, so you don't have to mouse over them all trying to find the right one?

:negative:
You've had a rough time, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Is it already time for the next Walpurgis Night?

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Junpei posted:

I'm glad Project Moon is aware of the universal experience of "equip agent with Der Freischutz gear, send them with department to clean up ordeal, wonder where the rest of the department went".

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

trying out tremor team this week and uh i wasn't aware how cracked they were

caveat: you need the slime wine glass which makes all their stuff trigger whenever. also go for the frog eyeballs that lead to extremely dumb poo poo like this

casual -30 offense/defense level on turn 2

e: ofc tremor still isn't the best(i actually got outclashed that turn lol, gently caress you ichtys) but still not being mono-typed and getting free boosts/debuffs is fun

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 4, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
if you zoom in on the armband it says H so this is Training Team Captain Outis. Faust was Control Team.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

anything to avoid releasing capn ishmael

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Betting Outis has an ammo mechanic. Starts with 6 bullets, when she runs out skills that use Ammo gain attack weight that randomly target characters slower than her then she gets 6 bullets back afterwards. Also it's fitting that probable traitor Outis gets the EGO that shoots your allies in the back.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yinlock posted:

anything to avoid releasing capn ishmael

N Sinclair was the last identity from Season 1 wasn't it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

probable traitor Outis

what

is this A Thing or just weird speculation based on nothing at all

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

Yinlock posted:

what

A lot of people (myself included) really don't trust Outis, she really gives off sketchy vibes and her asskissing really comes off as trying to gain Dante's trust to exploit them later. Plus, her introductory document specifically warns Dante not to trust her.

Plus, the character she's based on... has a history of duplicity.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yinlock posted:

what

I...what? Are we even playing the same game??? Outis is the most obviously sus member of the entire group!

You've got her profile on the website explicitly warning you about it:

quote:

[WARNING]: Keep an eye on this sinner and beware that she does not exercise her cunning intellect for purposes other than completing our company's mission.

You've got her incessant false praise while she very clearly doesn't think highly of Dante, her Cinq story where she's actively attempting to sabotage Don and Sinclair behind their backs so she can take their spot as Director, you've got her source material - specifically the story where Odysseus calls himself Outis - being about gaining the trust of someone then stabbing them in the back (specifically, the story goes that Odysseus told the cyclops that his name was Outis, or Nobody, so when he put out the cyclops's eye all he could say to his brothers was "Nobody put my eye out! It was Nobody!"), you've got White Night's clock going "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil," and finally...

This expression!

Edit: and of course now she's in Hod's department - y'know, the Sephirah that brought Garion down on proto-Lobcorp - wearing the traditional teamkilling EGO.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 4, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

I...what? Are we even playing the same game??? Outis is the most obviously sus member of the entire group!

You've got her profile on the website explicitly warning you about it:

You've got her incessant false praise while she very clearly doesn't think highly of Dante, her Cinq story where she's actively attempting to sabotage Don and Sinclair behind their backs so she can take their spot as Director, you've got her source material - specifically the story where Odysseus calls himself Outis - being about gaining the trust of someone then stabbing them in the back, you've got White Night's clock going "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil," and finally...

This expression!

Edit: and of course now she's in Hod's department - y'know, the Sephirah that brought Garion down on proto-Lobcorp - wearing the traditional teamkilling EGO.

So speculation then

She's not really trying to sabotage them in Cinq? She's puffing herself up sure but that's pretty far from active sabotage. Also it's kinda hard to tell if she's genuinely concerned about Dante or not a lot of the time, she frequently backhands out her praise yeah but she also goes to some absurd lengths in her sychophancy and seems genuinely furious whenever she thinks they were put in any kind of danger. It seems more like an obsession with authority rather than some sinister mask to hide dark intentions.

Like she's clearly got something going on but every sinner does, jumping straight to Traitor is a bit much. Going on a mission where everyone is going to see your deepest traumas on the way to the goal does not seem partciularly conductive to traitoring. Everything about her points more towards some kind of traumatized combat medic.That face in particular comes up when she suggests something brutally pragmatic and/or sinks back into a wartime mindset rather than her acting suspicious.

e: Really she acts more like a soldier than Gregor does, though given he's a deserter that makes sense

e2: Also the warnings on her profile are that her past is classified and that she's dangerous if left to her own devices, not that she's a potential turncoat

e3: sorry this is probably more combative than it should be, it's late :v:

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 4, 2024

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
It won't be a real Der Shooty experience unless this Identity has some sort of way to slap friendlies with Indiscriminate attacks.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yinlock posted:

So speculation then

She's not really trying to sabotage them in Cinq? She's puffing herself up sure but that's pretty far from active sabotage.
You're a manager of an organization. One of your subordinates, a notably ambitious one who has positioned herself as your trusted number two, says in an interview with the press that you are incompetent at your job and implies that she would be better at your job than you are, only being a little worse at...let's go with accounting as the job you're doing while showing off their people skills through her interview with the member of the press and puffing themselves up in the process.

Are they or are they not attempting to sabotage your reputation and career for their own benefit?

quote:

Also it's kinda hard to tell if she's genuinely concerned about Dante or not a lot of the time, she frequently backhands out her praise yeah but she also goes to some absurd lengths in her sychophancy and seems genuinely furious whenever she thinks they were put in any kind of danger. It seems more like an obsession with authority rather than some sinister mask to hide dark intentions.
Her concern over Dante's safety isn't really reliable evidence, since her own survival relies upon his.

quote:

Like she's clearly got something going on but every sinner does, jumping straight to Traitor is a bit much. Going on a mission where everyone is going to see your deepest traumas on the way to the goal does not seem partciularly conductive to traitoring. Everything about her points more towards some kind of traumatized combat medic.That face in particular comes up when she suggests something brutally pragmatic and/or sinks back into a wartime mindset rather than her acting suspicious.

e: Really she acts more like a soldier than Gregor does, though given he's a deserter that makes sense

e2: Also the warnings on her profile are that her past is classified and that she's dangerous if left to her own devices, not that she's a potential turncoat
I will note that, like us, the Sinners seem to have an understanding of the order they're going in since Heathcliff is pretty certain that he's next after Ishmael. If the pattern holds up, Outis is the second last Sinner on the list with only Faust coming afterwards. If she is a traitor, then she's got plenty of time to do whatever she's planning before her time comes up and she knows it.

I will, however, concede that the WhiteNight thing has an alternative interpretation - if you consider Faust as the one that chooses and not Dante, then that opens up Dante as the traitrous disciple. Also there's a good chance that these traitor flags are all just deliberate red herrings since there's just so many of them.

quote:

e3: sorry this is probably more combative than it should be, it's late :v:
S'cool.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 4, 2024

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The real proof that Outis is a traitor is that she has Training team's armband.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

You're a manager of an organization. One of your subordinates, a notably ambitious one who has positioned herself as your trusted number two, says in an interview with the press that you are incompetent at your job and implies that she would be better at your job than you are, only being a little worse at...let's go with accounting as the job you're doing while showing off their people skills through her interview with the member of the press and puffing themselves up in the process.

Are they or are they not attempting to sabotage your reputation and career for their own benefit?

No? She was accurately stating that Sinclair isn't exactly suited for the job he has which is entirely true. Again she was puffing herself up a bit but there wasn't some Betrayal going on there.

IMO it all comes down to an obsession with authority in general. Probably owing to the whole soldier thing Outis likes having strong direction and gets antsy when that isn't the case. Dante may not be the firmest leader but they do call shots while Sinclair just kinda waffles around when not in kill mode. If nobody's properly giving direction then she goes into careerist mode and starts trying to climb the ladder.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 4, 2024

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Junpei posted:

Seventh Outis ID let's gooooooooooo! Now Don and Ryoshu just need another ID a piece and we have enough personnel to field 7 distinct teams for MD, though not really 7.

Speaking of MD3 and Outis, Poise fusion gift + commemorative coin + swapping Outis's s1 for s3 twice, is really, really funny. Noticeably less funny when I'm fighting scribe, but still pretty funny.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Yinlock posted:

This part just make me think of Ishmael, who would've turn like Ahab if it weren't for Dante and the Sinner. She probably need other people to keep her grounded or she goes into her "Ulysses" mode but then again, we know next to nothing about her so all the bets are on.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

N Sinclair was the last identity from Season 1 wasn't it.

yuuuup. He and N Don were released last week of s1 iirc

Yinlock posted:

*itchy and scratchy looking at a "AHAB ISHMAEL: 2 MILES" sign*

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ahab Ishmael will be clearly released right after the Farmwatch ID that is coming any week now.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Theantero posted:

It won't be a real Der Shooty experience unless this Identity has some sort of way to slap friendlies with Indiscriminate attacks.

If they wanna mix lore with gameplay they could go with a super powerful ammo ID but when it hits 1 ammo it randomly instakills another Sinner then reloads. If no Sinners are left Outis dies instead.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 5, 2024

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

..okay where the hell do I find five Sinking IDs. We've got the core of some of the best IDs in the game with Kotomine Rodya, Spicebush Yi Sang, and Molar Ishmael, but then ho boy. I'm seriously considering UT4 for base Hong Lu because of course Hong Lu privilege makes him actually good. The rest of the options... yeesh. G Outis? Mariachi Sinclair? The absolute mess that is Sunshower Heath?

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

PlasticAutomaton posted:

..okay where the hell do I find five Sinking IDs. We've got the core of some of the best IDs in the game with Kotomine Rodya, Spicebush Yi Sang, and Molar Ishmael, but then ho boy. I'm seriously considering UT4 for base Hong Lu because of course Hong Lu privilege makes him actually good. The rest of the options... yeesh. G Outis? Mariachi Sinclair? The absolute mess that is Sunshower Heath?
Outis can clash and Sinclair can at least dodge tank, and your 6th unit is free to be someone actually good that isn't busy on your other teams.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

G Outis is secretly pretty good just by virtue of being able to clash on higher difficulty content, the other two not so much

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Mariachi Sinclair has one of the best support passives in the game and absolutely nothing that would justify bringing him into the actual battle itself. SunCliff can at least absorb hits pretty well and do a bit of damage once in the while.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I don't think Outis is a traitor but I can't imagine she'd hesitate selling out the rest of the Sinners if her sin was on the line. No more than we saw Ishmael willing to become a monster to finish her event. Heathcliff's situation is all kinds of uncomfortable, I can imagine him snapping and doing some really stupid poo poo, even as stupid as Don's attack on the K-corp blockade.

Don I think could delude herself into thinking she's the hero and heroes have to do dirty work. Faust could see everyone as irrelevant as long as she progresses (not to mention what kind of bargains she might have made), Mersault can't even pretend to care.

What I'm saying is that these are very, very flawed people and this is their first chance to become more than they were.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly UT4 base Hong Lu is the best choice for filling out the sinking team. He's got okay stats all around and isn't a giant PITA to use, which makes him infinitely better then SadShower and Mariachiboy. Plus, as a 0 he's cheap to get up to speed.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
so Magic Bullet was a WAW EGO. And last Walpurgis Night, we had Regret Faust as an ID, and Regret Meursault (TETH) as an EGO.

Assuming that Outis herself, and the two with WAW already, are off-limits, who's gonna get the Magic Bullet EGO?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Faust.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

so Magic Bullet was a WAW EGO. And last Walpurgis Night, we had Regret Faust as an ID, and Regret Meursault (TETH) as an EGO.

Assuming that Outis herself, and the two with WAW already, are off-limits, who's gonna get the Magic Bullet EGO?
Bullet that strikes his loved ones?

100% Heathcliff.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPiiiBbP18

Trailer in 50 minutes.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Junpei posted:

Alternatively, Magic Bullet is Outis's 7th ID, and Ryoshu is the only sinner to have 6 EGO right now. Maybe it's downgraded for her or something.

e: Oh wait, Ryoshu doesn't have a Waw, I just having a brainfart.

RandomReader fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 5, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
No EGO! Meat Lantern Don, Magic Bullet Outis, Malkuth and Jack + Pierre as announcers, and then some Green Dawn: Doubt fighting event?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Meat Lantern Don S3 literally has her bite the enemy with her pointy anime teeth and go NJAM NJAM NJAM

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Really hope Meat Lantern Don isn't Bleed even though she probably is. I want to use her and Little Sister Don's already taken up the Don slot on my MD3 Bleed team.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I was just praying for another burn so I don't have to nclair if I want the fusion gift....

Well. I can still hope until we see the stats.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Dark Flame has the word 'flame' in it so clearly Der Shooty is going to be a Burn identity

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Outis seems to have 3 different versions of her S3, shoot 1, shoot X Enemies and Shoot Literally Everyone

plus her animations look sick as hell

e: also we're fighting Green Dawns now? where is that even happening

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 5, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yinlock posted:

Outis seems to have 3 different versions of her S3, shoot 1, shoot X Enemies and Shoot Literally Everyone

plus her animations look sick as hell

e: also we're fighting Green Dawns now? where is that even happening

Outskirts, probably.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

wait poo poo Walpurgisnacht already? fff i'm bad at saving, I do have some but gotta have to pray. At least announcers are honestly nice: incentivizes some people to pull but has 0 gameplay effect unlike IDs and EGOs.

Also if we're getting Ordeals the joke about Green Midnight and his timed laser might come true lol.

TeeQueue posted:

I was just praying for another burn so I don't have to nclair if I want the fusion gift....

Well. I can still hope until we see the stats.

Why exactly? Besides SP management NClair is just good by virtue of being good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Why exactly? Besides SP management NClair is just good by virtue of being good.

My entire strategy with liusquad revolves around spamming lust skills to get a bajillion whistles to break the SP curve over my knee, and NClair is not nearly as good when you're regularly pushing 30-40 SP by floor 2 of MD.

A fifth burn ID that isn't named NClair would be literally perfect for this playstyle, especially since it would let me use the fusion EGO gift.