Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is so good

whole new years show knocked it out of the park -- I feel like previous years they'll hit on one or two people but have a few more awkward, nervous broadcaster types (understandably, since they're not picking comedians and often not actors at all). this time pretty much everyone was weird and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah I think everyone really felt 'natural' for the show, it was a very fun episode, enjoyed everyone.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Banger of an episode. Steve, Kojey and Zoe definitely had full season energy. I've never seen Lenny in anything so I don't know if he could hang for 10 episodes or not.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Can't wait for the task in a few series' time where the team rig* some household appliances to be voice activated and the key to solving the task will be uttering "go down" to operate a toaster. The podcast with the winner was particularly fun this time round - they described the orange-eating incident with the hope it would be released on social media. The moment I finish the episode, the clip comes out.

* realistically we're talking TV magic where some hidden technicians are operating them while listening to the live audio track

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I've enjoyed all the NYTs. 2023 is probably my least favorite but even that had

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

What a fun episode. Definitely wish Kojey and Lenny had a shot at the full series.

I didn’t realize that anyone actually had an Aga oven but it doesn’t surprise me that it was Deborah.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Missing Donut posted:

What a fun episode. Definitely wish Kojey and Lenny had a shot at the full series.

I didn’t realize that anyone actually had an Aga oven but it doesn’t surprise me that it was Deborah.

Oh, Debbie Deborah :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/6IDoeHx.mp4

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9REf3-Z_RYE

Great episode.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Kojey is probably my favorite one-off contestant, simply because he understood the game, especially when it came to lying to Alex about "how long it takes to eat an orange", because he knows it's not a personal question. Also, just wanting to feed Alex.

Debra was also delightful, but now I'm scared for the eventual series of Dragons Den when somebody does try pitching a Voice Activated Toaster.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Sorry but Greg's Horizontiglass idea is actually genius and i'd buy it.

Edit - ok so they already exist, sort of

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 4, 2024

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
I loved Kojey rapping to an awful jingle like it's the best backing track imaginable.

Edit: Also regarding 'we have an aga', I haven't come across toast that is higher quality than what I could make on the hotplate of my gran's aga.

Plucky Brit fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 4, 2024

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Me as a Taskmaster neophyte: "Oh man I barely recognize anyone this round, this isn't going to be that great."

Me as a Taskmaster veteran: "Oh man I barely recognize anyone this round, this is probably going to be loving bonkers."

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

kazmeyer posted:

Me as a Taskmaster neophyte: "Oh man I barely recognize anyone this round, this isn't going to be that great."

Me as a Taskmaster veteran: "Oh man I barely recognize anyone this round, this is probably going to be loving bonkers."

:sickos:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Watched the New Years spesial and ir was kinda funny how Alex had to stop Lady Leshurr from dying.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Alhazred posted:

Watched the New Years spesial and ir was kinda funny how Alex had to stop Lady Leshurr from dying.
Just to make sure: you know that's theJan 2022 NYS and there's been two NYS since? I would read "The New Year Special" to mean the one just released in Jan 2024.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Bluth posted:

Just to make sure: you know that's theJan 2022 NYS and there's been two NYS since? I would read "The New Year Special" to mean the one just released in Jan 2024.

Yes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NZ2 is being released on YouTube now and I can't wait for the world to get the full NZ2 experience :allears:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

(and Kiell) is sending me.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

oh jay posted:

(and Kiell) is sending me.

I remember him getting so mad at the scoring.

And I could absolutely see greg scoring him low a bunch “because he doesn’t actually deserve to be here” and it would be incredible.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Pinwiz11 posted:

NZ2 is being released on YouTube now and I can't wait for the world to get the full NZ2 experience :allears:

Finally a good quality version of the rap task.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I want to see Steve do the S1 watermelon task

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I remember him getting so mad at the scoring.

And I could absolutely see greg scoring him low a bunch “because he doesn’t actually deserve to be here” and it would be incredible.

Either that or Greg would think it's funniest if he won.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I wonder if one day we will have someone who can assemble Gregtron with the Head, Body, and Eyebrows statues.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Wow that was fast. Their schedule for the first season was very random. Like sometimes a day between episodes and sometimes a week.

https://youtu.be/kPjxh3Cgj8s?si=atazgZmlTJ7hOJ7w

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Pinwiz11 posted:

"It's an incredibly cruel irony that David wasn't allowed to damage the caravan, but it seems the caravan has permanently damaged David."

(I love how Guy introduced him on the Guy Mont Spelling Bee as being famous for having psychological breakdowns on game shows.)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Alhazred posted:

She was fully prepared to take 100 shots of random liquids.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Seeing Morgana Robinson again makes me want to see an Oops! All Weirdos special with her, acaster, sam campbell, lucy beaumont, and joe wilkinson

wait, need mortimer in there too...probably some people i forgot

also, google "list of taskmaster contestants" and google served up names and pics, and they've screwed up on some of them; my favorite being Alex's picture labeled as Greg. I'm sure the Taskmaster Greg would have some words

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

Rhod Gilbert (but you can't have James Acaster and Rhod on the same show... or can you?)

I used to love when he'd be on Would I Lie To You? because he was almost impossible to read. It's like with Brian Blessed, you couldn't rule out that the batshit insane story he was telling was 100% true.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

nerox posted:

I wonder if one day we will have someone who can assemble Gregtron with the Head, Body, and Eyebrows statues.

Even that eventual series ending "champion of champion of champions" happens, I need to know the final part of the collection.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You become the taskmaster for the next set of 25.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Tangential, but I just watched the recent episode of WILTY with Lucy Beaumont and she really is that unhinged in real life. I want a series with her, Acaster, Nish, Coren-Mitchell and David Correos.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xQzhQUrrDU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

MachuPikacchu posted:

Tangential, but I just watched the recent episode of WILTY with Lucy Beaumont and she really is that unhinged in real life. I want a series with her, Acaster, Nish, Coren-Mitchell and David Correos.

yeah, lying or telling the truth (no spoilers) she's a curious human being. glad the later episode popped up for me on the panel show youtube guy i follow

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

MachuPikacchu posted:

she's incredible, the stripper story was mortimer tier

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

If you want a peek behind the curtain; an hour long interview with one of the show's editors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vfmU9uSOw

Somec
Jul 15, 2006

Pablo Bluth posted:

If you want a peek behind the curtain; an hour long interview with one of the show's editors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vfmU9uSOw

this was excellent, thank you!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Finally watching the 2022 New Years Treat and I had to stop it to laugh/cry several times. Chiles was amazing, but most of all was “It is orange.” and what seemed like Claudia’s genuine shock at that. So good.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Yay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QdQ7KgWqWw

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ok having the runner up in the Champion of Champions is hilarious. Kiell is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
4 champions (and Kiell)

Gets me every time