Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Ugh are they cracking down on fake Lego?

What's the good fake Lego now anyway? I've not ordered any since Lepin got shut down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Weird one: I bought this speaker and a week later I got a refund. The delivery address is the parcel locker I always use and it’s never been a problem but I didn’t notice the “12 day delivery” until now. I guess I’ll try a different company.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I got a notification that a package had arrived and been delivered, but it never actually arrived. At the supposed time it said it arrived, I was working on the front garden, and a different Ali package was delivered with a bunch of stuff, but it wasn't the one I purchased.

Presumably it got missed in the packing process when they consolidate packages.

I did the dispute for a refund, since it never arrived, was asked for photographic evidence - which I have no way to prove, which was rejected. So annoyingly I'm out 30 dollars.

Shop had okay feedback, so don't expect they were pulling a fast one.

Don't expect there's anything I can do at this point.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Being forced to eat the coast of occasional minor scams or hiccups is honestly just part of doing business with a system like ali, just consider it a reduction of the discount

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't eat coasts, the environment isn't doing too well as it is.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

PokeJoe posted:

Why, what could be in this "amal sex" package of mine?

艾梦忆思
Google translate wasn't much help with this one.

里、新定义丈性穿搭
Here, a new definition of gender-neutral outfits

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Isometric Bacon posted:

I got a notification that a package had arrived and been delivered, but it never actually arrived. At the supposed time it said it arrived, I was working on the front garden, and a different Ali package was delivered with a bunch of stuff, but it wasn't the one I purchased.

I did the dispute for a refund, since it never arrived, was asked for photographic evidence - which I have no way to prove, which was rejected. So annoyingly I'm out 30 dollars.

I’ve been sending them a picture of my empty hand. 2 for 2 lately (likely not why my disputes succeeded, but still)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Isometric Bacon posted:

I got this once and I had to dispute that it was the wrong item so the shop not aliexpress ate it. I faught with aliexpress for like a week saying "Your shipper hosed up and sent me an irrigation pump instead of a fuckin Freddie Mercury pin someone at the USA shipping house hosed up kept getting a reject "You got it tracking says it's here prove it's not" (how do you prove a negative I dunno)

The second I disputed and said "Product not as described" I got like an instant refund, because the seller eats it at that point.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Isometric Bacon posted:

I do love the concept of taking a picture of a thing that didn't arrive to prove it didn't arrive.
I mean, what - do you want a picture of my empty porch?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I’ve been sending them a picture of my empty hand. 2 for 2 lately (likely not why my disputes succeeded, but still)

LOL, it works!

We've had trouble even with Amazon from time to time when they ship the wrong thing. Yes, you have photographic proof something was delivered - I'm trying to tell you it's the wrong thing, you idiots. Why is this so difficult to fathom?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

LOL a picture of empty hand wins the dispute.. nice.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I recently received these magnetic pen holders:

...and can verify that they hold a pen very nicely on my fridge door, which is what I wanted.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I recently received these magnetic pen holders:

...and can verify that they hold a pen very nicely on my fridge door, which is what I wanted.

I got similar ones with clips or screw-holes some years ago and they're great. (Clips for clipping onto a notebook, the other kind to screw onto the frame of a cork board.)

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I got similar ones with clips or screw-holes some years ago and they're great. (Clips for clipping onto a notebook, the other kind to screw onto the frame of a cork board.)

Yeah, there were also ones with a sticky back, for non-metallic surfaces, I guess.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

Also, gaudy gem person, show us your gem stuff when it's done

If you mean the notebook, here it is:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

omg it’s gorgeous

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

omg it’s gorgeous

Yeah it's even nicer when you can turn it in the light and get those nice sparkles all over :3:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Bling, blang, blung

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
My wife got a towel warmer on Temu because "you like hot towels and it'll sterilize them before we use them". I took the ol IR thermometer out and it looks like it tops out at around 119 degrees F. I think she's trying to give me MRSA or something.

I guess I could use it as a yogurt maker

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Anyone else get this kind of email after purchasing “potentially infringing” products?

I find this pretty hilarious. Yes, the product is removed from the store but the seller’s store is still open. Seriously schmeriously.

I had a few of those come through just before christmas warning me that the lego warhammer imperial guardsmen I bought might not be legit. :ohdear:

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Dash mounted unshielded microwave device to melt the snow off your car? What a great idea! And cheap too!

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$2.72 88%OFF | Electromagnetic Molecular Interference Anti Freeze Device Ice Snow Removal Deicing Instrument Tool Portable for Car Window Glass
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msBRq2c

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I was about to comment how it was inspired that the before and after pictures are taken at completely different locations. Yet now I'm not sure if they are even the same kind of car.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Tad Naff posted:

Dash mounted unshielded microwave device to melt the snow off your car? What a great idea! And cheap too!

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$2.72 88%OFF | Electromagnetic Molecular Interference Anti Freeze Device Ice Snow Removal Deicing Instrument Tool Portable for Car Window Glass
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msBRq2c

bigclive reviewed a bunch of those

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT-w0KA7vNs

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Borscht posted:

My wife got a towel warmer on Temu because "you like hot towels and it'll sterilize them before we use them". I took the ol IR thermometer out and it looks like it tops out at around 119 degrees F. I think she's trying to give me MRSA or something.

They don’t live and incubate in the towel warmer. You just put one towel in the warmer when you’re about to get in the shower

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Anne Whateley posted:

They don’t live and incubate in the towel warmer. You just put one towel in the warmer when you’re about to get in the shower
Yeah, what exactly are you doing to your towels that the idea of sterilizing them before use even occurs to you? :raise:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

op living it large with the cres co mrsa-nator while the haters heckle from their leper colony :chord:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hirayuki posted:

Yeah, what exactly are you doing to your towels that the idea of sterilizing them before use even occurs to you? :raise:
I think it is actually an issue with heating towels but I don't know if it's worth worrying about too much for home use

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mystes posted:

I think it is actually an issue with heating towels but I don't know if it's worth worrying about too much for home use

A local award winning all you can eat Chinese buffet chain gives you warm towels to clean your hands with at the end of every meal, but they're all wrapped in plastic to prevent contamination. It's really pretty wasteful.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Dick Fontaine posted:

op living it large with the cres co mrsa-nator while the haters heckle from their leper colony :chord:

Would 100% buy this if it didn't burn my house down

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I was so hopeful for a second, now I hate everyone

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

Don’t look at me, it’s what the side of the box says.

And it takes over an hour for the thing to get to temperature. I don’t think towels are particularly sanitary after their first use in the best of scenarios, but what I really don’t want is whatever traces of fecal or whatever other kind of bacteria that are on there after the first use getting 7 hours of total incubation time before I wash it again in a week.

Not to mention that the inside of the unit is the perfect place to trap moisture and grow everything from bacteria to mold and cross contaminate anything that goes into it.

You can get staph from towels, guys.

I will not be lectured on cleanliness by goons

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Says the goon lecturing about cleanliness

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Borscht posted:

I never heard of a towel warmer. If you're hell bent on wasting electricity, install a towel rack near your shower/bath, instead. Enjoy a warm towel in minutes. Hang your towel on it after use and it dries faster, making it less likely to carry germs.

https://www.amazon.com/DELAVIN-Bathroom-Temperature-Freestanding-Hardwired/dp/B09YV2ZMZ9

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If you are worried about germs in yout bathroom just buy a uvc irradiation light and run it

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its funny to me that so many of the fake reviews start with or are totally made up of some variation of "arrived on time" or early or whatever. Does China think thats still what gets people? Sure I'd like it here in a week, but I'm more concerned with whether its actually good or not.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Imo there is too short of a time limit on the reviews, some products aren't worth reviewing until you've used them a while and you can't go back and review stuff by then.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You know what I want? An overhead hot air blower to dry my body after shower.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Tunicate posted:

If you are worried about germs in yout bathroom just buy some Ali Cobalt 60 and see what happens.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

You know what I want? An overhead hot air blower to dry my body after shower.
A big-rear end ceiling-mounted infrared light will do the trick. Do not buy one from Ali.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I love plugging dubious Chinese appliances into the bathroom outlet that are meant to come into direct contact with soaking wet objects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Why even have a ground-fault circuit if you aren’t going to take advantage of it?