Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

It disrespecting wrestling culture to not have a million championships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I like it when tournaments have stakes like guaranteed title shots at big shows. I’d love it if they made the continental like the G1 where the winner has to defend the title and the person who has it at the end of the year gets to be in the main event of Wembly.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jack perry is tiny

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Critical posted:

times new roman is a serif font and impact is sans-serif jesus christ its like you're not even trying

get his rear end

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

F the belt haters, I want a 2024 version of this pic

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
where's botcha

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I acknowledge only one J-Crown and it is of thorn

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

forkboy84 posted:

Tony Khan is a belt mark

Tony Khan was live tweeting the Wrestle Kingdom show until like 4am pst last night hours ago.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

1glitch0 posted:

Tony Khan was live tweeting the Wrestle Kingdom show until like 4am pst last night hours ago.

Did he get mad about NJPW snatching up a certain mid wwe castoff before he could

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why would he when NJPW let him play with their toys whenever he wants

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Also please get ROH off of AEW television. Right now the ROH tag champs are featured much more than the AEW tag champs, and the only conclusion is that the tag belts in AEW are less important. It's totally stupid

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I mean have you seen who the AEW tag belts have been on lately…

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

RoH has a longer and more prestigious history. A true wrestling nerd like Tony Khan isn't going to let a thing like "burying yourself" keep him from speaking the truth.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Starks and Bill could be great champions but their reign thus far has been treated like an accident

doesn't help that the Golden Jets match was cancelled but I don't think that alone would've been enough to make up for the mishandling

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

GenghisTron posted:

F the belt haters, I want a 2024 version of this pic

a version of this with kingston would be great because he'd be so mad at how heavy they are and how much they suck to travel with :xd:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

daniel botchia

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i already said, shes going back to the fed to feud with jade cargill. jade was trained by fools and can't find the hard cam. be patient.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Starks and Bill could be great champions but their reign thus far has been treated like an accident

doesn't help that the Golden Jets match was cancelled but I don't think that alone would've been enough to make up for the mishandling

I think it's a huge part of it assuming the plan was for Bill and Starks to win. But now Tony needs to just suck it up and feed one of the good teams to them to make the run real and worth something.

If the Golden Jets were booked to win lmao please just get rid of the AEW titles and the only tag team ones are RoH now.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
When is that Jericho/Sammy (ugh) title shot supposed to happen

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tato posted:

When is that Jericho/Sammy (ugh) title shot supposed to happen

never, hopefully

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If seeing 90s AJPW fan Eddie Kingston walking around with 3 belts doesn't make you happy, you suck.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The C2 was perfect in almost every way

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I know everyone is happy for Bill that he's no longer a roided coked up lunatic attacking people backstage but he's still the lame boring lunbering tall guy guy wrestler he was in WWE and Impact. He should be no where near the tag titles.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
eh

I'm not as high on Bill as some but I think he can do the role as big guy on a tag team just fine, plus he gets off a good line on the stick now and again

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Big Bill and Brian Cage were so loving good together, insane that they’re not still a tag team.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

NienNunb posted:

Big Bill and Brian Cage were so loving good together, insane that they’re not still a tag team.

Big Cage is money

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah the standing doomsday device was a top shelf finisher

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah the standing doomsday device was a top shelf finisher

:yeah:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

NienNunb posted:

I would swap out Big Bill for Wardlow. Bill is boring and the only thing he can do is be tall. Wardlow and Brian Cage are both big boys who can do flips and poo poo and have that weird dorky vibe that would be fun.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tony has absolutely no idea what to do with Ricky and I just hope his contract is up soon. Big fumble and it’s painful to draw it out any longer, because there’s no way he is staying

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Tony has absolutely no idea what to do with Ricky and I just hope his contract is up soon. Big fumble and it’s painful to draw it out any longer, because there’s no way he is staying

Ricky should try being a good wrestler.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

R*cky St*rks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Ricky should try being a good wrestler.

crazy take but i will respect it in the hell thread

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Ricky Stanks doesn't do anything for me either. His theme is great but that's about it. His pose is dorky his signature ropewalk hip thrust spot is stupid and I just don't buy him as any kind of star. The matches w/ Danielson were good though. Maybe I liked him better as a face, idk

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's good but in ring is his weakest bit

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

tony needs to book takeshita more. tf you doing tiny con

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I hate saying this about dudes but he needs to *jr voice* tack on some mass. he's a bit too weedy looking when he's going around with the shirt open

ricky not takeshita, that dude is loving huge lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
my casual fan friend's favourite AEW wrestler is, and I quote, "the huge japanese guy who comes out to drone"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He needs to get an actual theme again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my casual fan friend's favourite AEW wrestler is, and I quote, "the huge japanese guy who comes out to drone"

have they had a chance to watch the match with Darby, and if so what were their thoughts