Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
This might sound crazy, but what if the problem was that the Raiders didn't Patriots Way hard enough. What if they went OG Patriots Way. What if they got Papa Belichick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BoB has really matured since his time with the Texans. I think he and the Raiders would be a perfect fit.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kirios posted:

BoB has really matured since his time with the Texans. I think he and the Raiders would be a perfect fit.

man, what did the raiders ever do to you?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BoB's a better coach than he gets credit for. He turned a dogshit franchise into a contender fairly quickly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Probably Magic posted:

man, what did the raiders ever do to you?

Well,

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

A guy not talked about enough is Anthony Weaver, Ravens defensive line coach and Assistant (to the) Head Coach.

The dude is awesome and an amazing communicator, and also turned a defensive line led by old rear end Kyle Van Noy and Jadeveon Clowney into an absolute terror

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

BlindSite posted:

BoB's a better coach than he gets credit for. He turned a dogshit franchise into a contender fairly quickly.

I thought there was already a consensus on BoB being a fine coach, just one who should never in a thousand years have been put in charge of personnel
decisions

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I will never not laugh at that Hopkins trade.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AndrewP posted:

A guy not talked about enough is Anthony Weaver, Ravens defensive line coach and Assistant (to the) Head Coach.

The dude is awesome and an amazing communicator, and also turned a defensive line led by old rear end Kyle Van Noy and Jadeveon Clowney into an absolute terror

this guy must be extraordinarily well-liked too. he played not that long ago and as soon as he got some experience elsewhere both of the teams he played for wanted him to be a big part of their coaching staff. pretend like this makes sense even though none of the head coaches or gms from his playing days would be involved in that because i already said it

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 4, 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PupsOfWar posted:

I thought there was already a consensus on BoB being a fine coach, just one who should never in a thousand years have been put in charge of personnel
decisions

yeah thats pretty much my feeling on it, but people talk about him like he was Josh McDaniels bad.

Hopkins is an amazing player and I'd love to see him in Carolina, but the guys an rear end in a top hat who wears out his welcome everywhere and if rumours are true about him taking a swing at his coach he kinda had to go. Grown rear end professionals should handle it before that point but still.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

BlindSite posted:

yeah thats pretty much my feeling on it, but people talk about him like he was Josh McDaniels bad.

Hopkins is an amazing player and I'd love to see him in Carolina, but the guys an rear end in a top hat who wears out his welcome everywhere and if rumours are true about him taking a swing at his coach he kinda had to go. Grown rear end professionals should handle it before that point but still.

Contain your shock, but a Belichick disciple wound up having lots of folks complain about the coaches being assholes: https://sports.yahoo.com/de-andre-h...-212241701.html

quote:

Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin ignited a social media firestorm on Wednesday when he revealed details of a conversation he’d had with DeAndre Hopkins, the All-Pro who was traded from the Houston Texans to the Arizona Cardinals on Monday. According to Irvin, in a meeting between Hopkins and Houston general manager/head coach Bill O’Brien before this week’s deal, O’Brien brought up Aaron Hernandez and was critical of Hopkins for having two children with two women.

If you want to roll your eyes at those messengers, since that pair played one combined regular-season game after leaving Houston, remember that earlier this year Hall of Famer Ed Reed said that during his season with the Texans in 2013 he saw coaches “talking reckless” to players and the environment on the team took him “back to the South,” and he didn’t mean it as a compliment.

But there has been enough said about the culture inside the Texans in recent years to believe it. This is a man, after all, who was nicknamed “Teapot” by Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer during his days with the New England Patriots because his short temper caused him to frequently boil over.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh, still though. Sounds like two assholes in one room.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Isentropy posted:

I know it’s a different sport but I’m thinking about Monty Williams accepting that massive gently caress off contract to coach the Pistons even though he wanted to just take the year off and wanted a veteran team and the hilarious results it’s had (team sucks rear end, he is playing no hopers over rookies who could maybe be developed, kind of seems like he’s phoning it in).

Oh, agreed. Monty needed a season off imo, similar sort of disaster to Reich this season in Carolina.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Personally I'm happy with how the Hopkins stuff turned out.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Matt Patricia is a fat man.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Gary Kubiak had gone 10-6 and 12-4 before Matt Schaub lost his mind and tried to set the NFL pick-6 record.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BlindSite posted:

The defense was the primary driver of that team's success during BoB's tenure.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

AndrewP posted:

DL coach is pretty much a career dead end, occasionally you see them advance to DC if you've got a defensive head coach but other than that they're usually kinda stuck there and don't have the work in the passing game to go further.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Well, that’d be a shame for Weaver. But I have a feeling he’s not going to spend his whole career as a DL coach.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

I have no idea what rumor this is even referencing. He got traded from the Texans because it was a lovely, poisonous organization that alienated a lot of players. The Cardinals released him because they decided they’re tanking this year. Playing on 3 teams in 11 seasons doesn’t really scream problem personality.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Bumhead posted:

Matt Patricia is a fat rapist.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
BoB is probably a fine offensive coordinator, but I wouldn’t make him head coach. Not only did he not want to draft Watson, but he had an open QB competition that offseason and went with Tom Savage as his starter. Watson went in after the first half of the opener and looked like a real NFL QB

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I want to see the full ranks

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1742959072444285385

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cat teams take up 5/15 slots.

Lol at two Panthers coordinators being on there, and neither of them being the good one.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
More interested in the bottoms.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

More interested in the bottoms.

Me too brother, me too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

#3 OC is :schotty: ???

Guess that's why he's stuck around long enough if the players love em.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I feel bad for whatever team hires Brian Schottenheimer, who has sucked everywhere and isn’t the play caller for the Cowboys. The next Hackett waiting in the wings.

The Johnsons are going to hire him after next season, aren’t they.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

I feel bad for whatever team hires Brian Schottenheimer, who has sucked everywhere and isn’t the play caller for the Cowboys. The next Hackett waiting in the wings.

No one is as bad as Hackett. Shotty sucks but would be a giant improvement.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I don't know what Frank Smith's actual job is. Last year he was doing a lot of OL work because they hired a OL coach they didn't like, but other than that it's unclear.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

syzpid posted:

I know everyone loves posting schottenheimer_curls.gif but I didnt think he was an *awful* OC when he was with Seattle. Him being outed after they won the NFCW to lose to the Rams in the wild card screamed Russell Wilson meddling more than anything.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

I know everyone loves posting schottenheimer_curls.gif but I didnt think he was an *awful* OC when he was with Seattle. Him being outed after they won the NFCW to lose to the Rams in the wild card screamed Russell Wilson meddling more than anything.

Schotty was a bad game planner / schemer in Seattle. The main reason there was production was because of the usual combination of Wilson and Pete letting the team throw in the fourth quarter.

Schotty was a proponent of throwing the ball more though, which was nice. The team scored more points when they let Russ cook and then Pete got scared by a few turnovers and immediately reverted back to Pete ball and the team scored less points.

But tbf to Schotty a lot of Seattle’s offensive issues like third down conversions and aversion to throwing in the middle of the field have now spanned across multiple quarterbacks and multiple coordinators so it seems like a Pete issue.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Edit: misread that as office people opinions

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 4, 2024

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Surprised Wilks is so high, feels like the 49ers D took a step back and has games where they look terrible and outmatched.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Surprised Wilks is so high, feels like the 49ers D took a step back and has games where they look terrible and outmatched.

It’s a player survey and those tend to be all vibes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Feels like the most popular coordinators are either really good or really bad.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

really queer Christmas posted:

Cat teams take up 5/15 slots.

Lol at two Panthers coordinators being on there, and neither of them being the good one.

lol I'd bet that the defense is a lot more pissy about their hard work over the season being wasted by the other parts of the team, and that was reflected in the voting.

Meanwhile either our offense and special teams are still riding the high of Reich being gone, or this poll was taken after the GB/CAR game

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dave Fipp Hell Yeah

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

When you're singing in the car to some 90's hip hop and hit one of those verses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I'm gonna be so upset if, as it looks, the Bears do not throw their hat in the ring for the Harbaugh sweepstakes.

One has to imagine Chicago will be one of the more alluring spots to take a HC job given where the roster has developed and how much draft capital they have going forward. And I want a goddamn offensive head coach goddamnit.

But...I guess we're still on the Eberflus train. Ugh.