Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Shocked that they’re not doing Flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pops Mgee posted:

Shocked that they’re not doing Flash.
I am too, but I'm also thankful. I watch the movies before they put the episodes out, so this means I can continue avoiding that movie.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Honestly that just makes me wonder if they're trying to save it for a live show or weird theme month. It's too obvious to leave out.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It would certainly make for a more interesting conversation. Quantumania is just a big empty nothing of a movie.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
The Oppenheimer episode is either going to be hilarious or terrible.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Maybe they haven't even bothered to watch Flash.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

clown shoes posted:

:hmmyes:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

clown shoes posted:

maybe they just decided that the world needed Cabin's opinions on the MCU a-gain

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

maybe they just decided that the world needed Cabin's opinions on the MCU a-gain

LOL you made the same complaint a year ago. It's great this poo poo makes you mad. You could just....not listen to the episode.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I thought at least some of them liked Saw X, according to the On Screen? I haven’t seen the movie (I noped out of that franchise after part 3), so I have no opinion, but that was a surprising addition.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

thrawn527 posted:

I thought at least some of them liked Saw X, according to the On Screen? I haven’t seen the movie (I noped out of that franchise after part 3), so I have no opinion, but that was a surprising addition.

Sometimes it's not the movies they hate the most, just the ones that'll be most fun to talk about.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
As someone who has not seen quantumania outside of the awful images of their take on MODOK, im excited for them telling me how bad quantimania is.

Their oppie episode is gonna be dull as gently caress, it's going to be them sucking off nolan for three hours. i'd rather Jupin talk about Godzilla Minus One to the rest of them instead.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Sometimes it's not the movies they hate the most, just the ones that'll be most fun to talk about.

Also they have done Saw 1 through 5 so if anything this is just them beginning the longer term effort to do the whole series.

The Deleter posted:

Their oppie episode is gonna be dull as gently caress, it's going to be them sucking off nolan for three hours. i'd rather Jupin talk about Godzilla Minus One to the rest of them instead.

I am really going to be relying on all y'all to tell me if it's truly worth a listen. I'm one of the people who likes all the WHM episodes and enjoy the focus they put on cinema / movie-making vs just jokes. But I have absolutely zero desire to ever see the actual movie, let alone listen to people talk about it for multiple hours.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It’s a very good movie and I recommend it. There’s several goofy characters in the movie they could use as material for some jokes.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Whoever said get back on the tj hooker train here was right, great ep from them

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

LOL you made the same complaint a year ago. It's great this poo poo makes you mad. You could just....not listen to the episode.

Yes, it makes me absolutely furious rather than just being a tiresome dead horse, you weirdo.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm happy we escaped with only one super hero episode

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I feel like they talked about Oppenheimer a bunch for an on screen they did. Don’t know how much they can really drag out of it other than what they already did.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Didn't Eric see it like six times? Man could write an in depth treatise on it at this point. That said, not sure how many laughs you're gonna find in a 3 hour movie about the atomic bomb

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To properly take on Oppenheimer they should also do Barbie at the same time.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jose Oquendo posted:

Chris: Takes two hours to assemble the team, leaving 30 minutes to start and finish the actual story. A genuinely remarkable amount of rape threats. You could get dizzy pointing out all the other blockbusters that Snyder is lifting directly from here, but primarily feels like a bootleg Warhammer adaptation. Stuff is always happening while the core of the film remains inert. I’m sure I’ll think it’s a masterpiece after I see three other versions of this film and five versions of Part 2.

I'm not trying to start poo poo, but has Snyder ever done more than 2 versions of a movie before? Like, director's cuts aren't exactly rare. And the Justice League one was because he had to step away for tragic reasons. And I think the only other ones he's done are BvS, and the upcoming Rebel Moon one (which I guess is because Netflix insisted on a PG-13 cut, which I agree is dumb), but I may be forgetting one.

I haven't watched Rebel Moon yet, but I plan to very soon.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 2, 2024

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Man I though rebel moon was awful, it didn’t even feel like a movie

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Harton posted:

Man I though rebel moon was awful, it didn’t even feel like a movie

That's because it's explicitly half a movie. Netflix insisted on cutting it in half for metrics.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

It's not even that! It's 2/3rds of a movie, the directors cut allegedly isn't just pg13 -> R, it'll add like an hour. Maybe that hour will contain some character work for anyone.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Whatever “part” we got was trash at every level

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

thrawn527 posted:

I'm not trying to start poo poo, but has Snyder ever done more than 2 versions of a movie before? Like, director's cuts aren't exactly rare. And the Justice League one was because he had to step away for tragic reasons. And I think the only other ones he's done are BvS, and the upcoming Rebel Moon one (which I guess is because Netflix insisted on a PG-13 cut, which I agree is dumb), but I may be forgetting one.

I haven't watched Rebel Moon yet, but I plan to very soon.

There’s 3 different cuts of Watchmen.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Pops Mgee posted:

There’s 3 different cuts of Watchmen.

I legit forgot about that, my mistake.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

that cut of Watchmen that's basically every deleted scene and the Pirate Comic added in is pretty fun, just because of how overindulgent it is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cabin rattling off names of Ben Affleck movies that nobody knew existed during the episode for Hypnotic was pretty hilarious. Eric saying something like "what kind of trivia contest are you winning?" made me laugh pretty hard.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

"Zack Snyder's Button Moon", is that anything

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

explosivo posted:

Cabin rattling off names of Ben Affleck movies that nobody knew existed during the episode for Hypnotic was pretty hilarious. Eric saying something like "what kind of trivia contest are you winning?" made me laugh pretty hard.

the vhs trailer game :smuggo:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
At the end of the episode on on Hypnotic they talked about it reminding them of the movie Serenity but didn't mention that they had covered it a few years ago. Did they forget? I mean I can't blame them.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

clown shoes posted:

At the end of the episode on on Hypnotic they talked about it reminding them of the movie Serenity but didn't mention that they had covered it a few years ago. Did they forget? I mean I can't blame them.

Jupin mentions it was an episode while trying to recall the name of it. I know I have seen it too but I would have to re-listen to the episode for the broad strokes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

clown shoes posted:

Ok I’m intrigued now cause that movie made me stand up and pace around the room with my hands on my head. More than once.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Serenity was legitimately hilarious when I saw it in theaters, but I watched Hypnotic before the episode the other night and it was just boring and sucked rear end.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Having never been able to get into X-Files, every time they started talking about Pushers I was thinking about Chris Evans in Push. Which from the sound of things was a much better terrible (NOT)X-Men movie.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hypnotic ep was hilarious, this sounds like a real stinky movie.

"Like and subscribe on YouTube, she does all the dances."

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gyges posted:

Having never been able to get into X-Files, every time they started talking about Pushers I was thinking about Chris Evans in Push. Which from the sound of things was a much better terrible (NOT)X-Men movie.

Not telling you have to watch it but season 1 is by far the worst of the Duchovny seasons.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Bip Roberts posted:

Not telling you have to watch it but season 1 is by far the worst of the Duchovny seasons.

and even Season 1 has some of the best and most memorable episodes. But it also one of the worst in the whole series (Space)! And there are too many 'ghost' and 'possession' episodes.

But X-Files still rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Season 1 has the Tony Todd episode iirc and that one whips. I know theres lists of which episodes to watch but I’d recommend anyone just throw it on and settle in to episodes that grab you. Show good. I even like the Doggett years.