Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Neito posted:

So next week Granblue's doing a cross-over event with MHA with Deku and Bakugo as recruitable units, so soon you, too, will be able to bully a baby.

Wake me up when they put them in GBVR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Arist posted:

Wake me up when they put them in GBVR

They're putting loving 2B in GBVSR, anything's possible.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

people keep saying stuff like that but I don't get it. It's not like 2B in Soul Calibur 6 signaled that franchise adding Goku. 2B shows up literally everywhere!

plus the game already had Nier in it! :rimshot:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is mildly annoying that a character from a single 7-year old game keeps showing up everywhere. At least Shovel Knight had sequel/spinoffs coming out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Game devs want 2B in their games, simple as

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Neito posted:

So next week Granblue's doing a cross-over event with MHA with Deku and Bakugo as recruitable units, so soon you, too, will be able to bully a baby.

They can wait their turn until Bobobo gets in

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yoko Taro likes money, and people are still horny for 2B all these years later. She will keep showing up as long as the money keeps flowing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flesnolk posted:

is it over yet

Not until the fish jumps.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Game devs want 2B in their games? simple! rear end.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I welcome 2B becoming the new Ryu for crossovers. Can't wait for her A2 and 9S to show up in Fortnite and search results for the two of them to skyrocket in turn, just like Chun Li.

Regardless Gloop Warp

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It is mildly annoying that a character from a single 7-year old game keeps showing up everywhere. At least Shovel Knight had sequel/spinoffs coming out.

A single 7 year old game from an obscure franchise that never managed a million copies turning around and outselling the high points for Gears, Metroid, Mega Man, Mass Effect, and a bunch of other gaming icons almost entirely on word of mouth (and pictures of rear end). Shovel Knight is a massive hit for an indie, and it's under half of Automata's sales last I could find for both.

2B might only star in one game, but it's one of the most interesting successes from a "mainstream" game in a while, one that just kept selling over years and years, where most games have their sales focused on the first month.

Also, it just had an anime that's probably getting a second season sooner or later, so there's that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shoulda been A2

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Should have been Zero

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Should’ve been Emil

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-411/chapter/41295?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019635

I step out of the thread for two weeks and this is what I come back to?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
At a certain point, even if villain is a person, they are realistically beyond redemption.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7600/my-hero-academia-chapter-412

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

lmao JUST loving KILL MY GRANDSON DEKU, DO IT

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Valentin posted:

lmao JUST loving KILL MY GRANDSON DEKU, DO IT
Well he's literally bearing his soul and saying "Motherfucker, I am beyond redemption!" so

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neito posted:

youll be pleased to know that granblue also has an evil baby
'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

'

That baby sure has a full head of hair for still having the cord attached.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Well he's literally bearing his soul and saying "Motherfucker, I am beyond redemption!" so

a true hero would never be so easily deceived smh

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So is the plan now to give Shigaraki One For All? That seemed to be what that last line implied, right?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Endorph posted:

'

I'm glad All for One is still getting roles in other media despite being dead.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Dolash posted:

So is the plan now to give Shigaraki One For All? That seemed to be what that last line implied, right?
That's what I got out of it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Granblue’s evil baby is much cooler.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dolash posted:

If I understand it correctly it is so powerful now that the next user would just loving explode, right? Part of why it worked so well for All Might is that he was a huge swole guy and Deku's been halfway exploding all this time. Shigaraki may just go pop. lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So my bet on this:

Deku gives up All For One but not to Tomura Shigaraki. He gives it to the child Tenko Shimura inside of Shigaraki.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
ghost nana gon git in there and piledrive shiggy's soul to death

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Give it to Bakugo so he can kill 2 whiny babies in one day

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
My interpretation is that they've actually deemed Deku the lost cause and can do more damage as force ghosts inside Shigi's brain than Deku will ever manage

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

So my bet on this:

Deku gives up All For One but not to Tomura Shigaraki. He gives it to the child Tenko Shimura inside of Shigaraki.

I think they’re the same guy?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

So my bet on this:

Not a bad guess. That would also let Tenko finally fulfill his wish of being a hero, by being the one to destroy Tomura.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Was that Star's bracer on the second to last page? The one pointing into the AFO-tinged darkness. It's not All Might's.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I'm guessing something more like the OFA quirks destroy some of tomura's quirks star and stripe style, including search but, luckily for tomura, not danger sense. this kills all the OFA ghosts and destroys the quirk itself in a heroic last stand.

however, with the ghost of tomura's murderous grandmother no longer in his head, deku is no longer detectable by danger sense because he holds no hate in his heart for tomura. this is why it was necessary for him to give the quirk up, because the brain ghosts would always give him away because they lack his sainted compassion.

the embers of OFA still empower deku as they did all might, and though he only has the power of Punch Hard he is able to use his invisibility to danger sense to surprise, momentarily subdue, and finally win over tomura/tenko. who still maybe dies tragically. then in the final flashforward deku's future heroing has him as mostly a punch guy with a bit of tech.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 19, 2024

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nana establishing that Izuku is her favored grandson.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DurationIII/status/1747957312893935705?s=20

Anime Deku looked at the final arc and went "gently caress that I'm staying in Granblue"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's incredibly funny that there are apparently multiple crossover events in Granblue that end with "wow this world is way better we're staying!"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh my god

https://twitter.com/DurationIII/status/1747957711801643034

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's incredibly funny that there are apparently multiple crossover events in Granblue that end with "wow this world is way better we're staying!"

Last time I checked Lelouch, Suzaku, CC and Kallen are all running a pizzeria or buying pizza or smth.