Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
The wolverine game will be good.

Unlike the suicide squad game which just seems like GAAS trash and mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
"We have plans for future games in the Arkhamverse." *kills every character*

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh I was thinking Insomniac was third party for whatever reason. Anyway, exclusives still stink

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh I was thinking Insomniac was third party for whatever reason. Anyway, exclusives still stink

There are only 4 game companies op

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mr Hootington posted:

"We have plans for future games in the Arkhamverse." *kills every character*

It's so weird that this is supposed to be a direct follow-up to the Arkham games. Though considering that this has multiverse shenanigans, and they're apparently bringing the Joker back to be a playable character eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to bring all the heroes back down the line. Of course, that would require this game to be successful enough to justify future updates to get to that point, and I'm not all that optimistic of that happening.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Wolverine plot looks pretty meh but playable Jean Grey is really exciting. Walter Langowski and Forge making appearances is also very hype. Some deep-ish x-roster digs!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Rhonne posted:

It's so weird that this is supposed to be a direct follow-up to the Arkham games. Though considering that this has multiverse shenanigans, and they're apparently bringing the Joker back to be a playable character eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan to bring all the heroes back down the line. Of course, that would require this game to be successful enough to justify future updates to get to that point, and I'm not all that optimistic of that happening.

One of the early big leaks said time travel and Flashpoint poo poo was supposed to happen to reset the earth to before Brainiac shows up because you find out you have lost. the leak that said that is about 2/3rds right so I wonder if some rewrites happened.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I think this SS game is going to be utter dreck and don't have high hopes for it. Probably like Avengers 2.0.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

srypher posted:

Wolverine plot looks pretty meh but playable Jean Grey is really exciting.

No way to spoiler this because it would have to be so vague as to be pointless but I hope they've got some interesting things cooked up in light of Control stealing their thunder for that kind of gameplay.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mr Hootington posted:

One of the early big leaks said time travel and Flashpoint poo poo was supposed to happen to reset the earth to before Brainiac shows up because you find out you have lost. the leak that said that is about 2/3rds right so I wonder if some rewrites happened.

Well, if this is supposed to be an ongoing GAAS game, then you can't really have an ending like that since it would seemingly undo the entire threat and setting itself.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Rhonne posted:

Well, if this is supposed to be an ongoing GAAS game, then you can't really have an ending like that since it would seemingly undo the entire threat and setting itself.

Yeah. The OG leak revealed that your squad isn't even the first squad who went in. you are just all that is left. All the other heroes or big hitter villains are dead or turned. In that leak they said you could find remnants of heroes or villains where they died like blue beetle, green arrow, black manta, or captain cold.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How come Wolverine can't stand up straight? Or at least not be at like a 60 degree angle

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
He had poor posture when they covered his bones in adamantium so now they're stuck like that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

But lets say I were Waller and had to pick an Ice villain, Mr. Freeze would still be once of my last choices. Captain Cold would be my first, and Killer Frost my second.

I honestly have no idea what any difference for them is.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Not sure how they can gently caress up the Wolverine game since the one they did for PS2 was actually really good.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Grem posted:

How come Wolverine can't stand up straight? Or at least not be at like a 60 degree angle

adamantium is heavy, plus standing bolt upright isn't great fighting practice, and the ol' canucklehead is always rarin for a scrap, bub

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

RareAcumen posted:

I honestly have no idea what any difference for them is.

Mr. Freeze: Cold gun, some kind of cold-adapted physiology, immortality and some kind of death wish?
Killer Frost: Cold-adaptive physiology, ice powers, relatively normal personality
Captain Cold: a normal guy with a cold gun, also is not a captain

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mr.Freeze’s cryosuit he needs to survive is the big one for him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Mr.Freeze’s cryosuit he needs to survive is the big one for him.

Also the frozen wife pathos, invented for the 90s cartoon but I think eventually folded into the comics.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Mr. Freeze: Cold gun, some kind of cold-adapted physiology, immortality and some kind of death wish?
Killer Frost: Cold-adaptive physiology, ice powers, relatively normal personality

I only picked Mr. Freeze because I think he looks the coolest out of everyone of them because of his giant cryosuit, also he's a recurring Batman villain.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The big difference between Fries and the other two is that he will not just freeze you, he will also use his giant armored boot to shatter you into a gorillion pieces

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Air Skwirl posted:

Also the frozen wife pathos, invented for the 90s cartoon but I think eventually folded into the comics.

RareAcumen posted:

I only picked Mr. Freeze because I think he looks the coolest out of everyone of them because of his giant cryosuit, also he's a recurring Batman villain.

He can look the coolest, especially since the 90s cartoon which not only gave him the compelling story as mentioned above but gave him that incredible Mike Mignola redesign.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Next you'll be telling me Captain Boomerang is not a captain and uses guns instead of a Boomerang

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Super gay captain cold from legends of tomorrow is the captain of my heart

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Next you'll be telling me Captain Boomerang is not a captain and uses guns instead of a Boomerang

Good ol' Digger.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

site posted:

I did love how they brought the character back sassy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

:hai:

Barry Allen going into a bar where a jukebox is very loudly playing "Cold as Ice" to talk to Captain Cold (and I'm pretty sure multiple cold puns get used) is the greatest scene in television history.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The biggest thing about Captain Cold is that he far more powerful than Freeze and doesn't kill people without a pretty good reason.

His gun manipulates absolute zero, and at the default setting puts people into temporary stasis with the ice just being a side effect of the intense cold it creates. In several settings it auto freezes things around him and slows stuff down. He's able to reliably tag Flash cause Flash gets slower when near him. He can of course make his gun lethal, but he's not a fan of doing so.

Cold is also very professional, which is a thing I would like in an agent. Once got annoyed someone compared him to Freeze cause Freeze's gun shoots snow and ice, while his creates Cold.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

PDFs for the Batman Roleplaying Game are available for the people who backed it on Kickstarter. I'll be digging through them this weekend, and I'll give a report. It's made by the people who did the Gotham City Chronicles board game, so all the miniatures and maps are compatible. Hopefully I'll like these books, because I've got plenty of ideas cooking.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

There’s a Batman RPG??

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Tabletop RPG by Monolith. Just realizing now that the thread title says video games, and not just general games.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
"Roll to keep your parents alive"

*rolls 1*

CRITICAL MISS

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Medullah posted:

*rolls 1*

CRITICAL MISS

"Not only did your parents died, but so did the parents of several dark-haired athletic young men in your future."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"C'mon dude, we don't have all day. Take your turn already."
"It's Batman. I'm making sure I g--"
"Give him prep time, we get it. Just goooo"

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

*rolls 1*

CRITICAL MISS

ImpAtom posted:

"Not only did your parents died, but so did the parents of several dark-haired athletic young men in your future."

This is the holidays you MONSTERS.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the guardians of the galaxy game is free on epic for today only

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

the guardians of the galaxy game is free on epic for today only

It was worth it at full price but absolutely worth picking up for no money.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really liked that game. Great character dynamic amazing voice cast, fun music and beautiful places to explore. A screenshot from the final confrontation is still my desktop wallpaper.
To bad the combat was only serviceable. It was fun but nothing special.

Anyway please play that game.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 4, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I tried to convince people it was good! I tried! :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

I tried to convince people it was good! I tried! :smith:

I got more emotionally out of Peter and Gamora singing Scandal's 'The Warrior' than I did the entirety of The Last of Us 2.