Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, seems pretty clear tbh

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Yes

https://x.com/dreamcastguy/status/1742917364596035646?s=46

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

God Boktai was good. The first game is basically a Metal Gear game, too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

boktais 20 years old. boktais old enough to gently caress

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The DS sequel was terrible, one of my great gaming disappointments up there with Mega Man X7 and Bomberman Jetters

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Death Stranding 2 when please

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hideo kojima, creator of the unique kind of game where you sneak into a building undetected by enemies. never done before

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

hideo kojima, creator of the unique kind of game where you sneak into a building undetected by enemies. never done before

being charitable i think he means, at the time of metal gear 1 it wasn't a common genre

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
OD is going to be a game about going around your house and performing regular maintenance on your doors and doorframes

edit: there will be a 15-minute radio conversation about selecting the right type of screens for paneling your porch doors

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If his track record is anything to go by, OD is going to be revealed to actually be Death Stranding 3 (or Metal Gear Solid 6)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snatcher 2

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

haveblue posted:

If his track record is anything to go by, OD is going to be revealed to actually be Death Stranding 3 (or Metal Gear Solid 6)

It is actually a sequel to Death Stranding 2, Metal Gear Solid 5, AND Boktai, all in one game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Neo Kobe pizza is legit good. People should try it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I had Boktai on an original, non-SP GBA and it was extremely bad because you had to go outside to play it but then you couldn't see poo poo because it had no backlight lol

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Gaius Marius posted:

I would but Metal Gear keeps eating all of it before I get to try any

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gaius Marius posted:

Which soup would you recommend?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I had Boktai on an original, non-SP GBA and it was extremely bad because you had to go outside to play it but then you couldn't see poo poo because it had no backlight lol

I think the old EGM magazine knocked points off of Boktai because of this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1742990604592624022?t=CYwqTsV8qdjBM35RtdpAGQ&s=19

One of the more popular private servers for City of Heroes has been given official license and blessing by NCSoft to keep running

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1742990604592624022?t=CYwqTsV8qdjBM35RtdpAGQ&s=19

One of the more popular private servers for City of Heroes has been given official license and blessing by NCSoft to keep running

Can NCSoft do this for Wildstar next???

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

holy poo poo, good on 'em

i recall that the homecoming team took extraordinary precautions trying to square things away legally so that NCsoft wouldn't bring the hammer down on them, and they've seemingly been doing a lot to actually keep updating the game, so it's a well-earned affirmation of their efforts

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Can NCSoft do this for Wildstar next???

sometimes, dead is better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well if you used an SP the screen kinda blocked the light sensor so it was lose-lose

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The SP cart slot was on the bottom so it was your big head that blocked the sensor not the screen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just went through a roller coaster of thinking that theres no way there could be a wildstar private server, to discovering that there in fact is, to discovering that, it doesn't implement any of the combat its just the player housing and is purely a roleplaying server

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

just went through a roller coaster of thinking that theres no way there could be a wildstar private server, to discovering that there in fact is, to discovering that, it doesn't implement any of the combat its just the player housing and is purely a roleplaying server

Good

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

homeless snail posted:

homecoming had the enormous benefit of having had the full server architecture leaked to the wild before the original shutdown by one of the devs (i think backalley brawler, but it's been a while), whereas wildstar didn't, and i doubt anyone cared about the game enough to do the pre-shutdown packet scraping you'd need to successfully reverse engineer it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Which soup would you recommend?

From my experience Chicken Noodle and Tortilla are both good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hatty posted:

The SP cart slot was on the bottom so it was your big head that blocked the sensor not the screen

poo poo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Did lamps work?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I opened up Steam to see what was on sale this weekend and saw the Alex Jones game and now I feel bad

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah why did you make it?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's fun watching early Linklater and seeing Mr.Jones show up, man is in like all them early ones.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gonna make soup with a white and red miso base, brown rice noodles, bok choy, chicken thigh, onions, egg, tofu, and peas and carrots.

I will not put pizza in it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

It's fun watching early Linklater and seeing Mr.Jones show up, man is in like all them early ones.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gonna make soup with a white and red miso base, brown rice noodles, bok choy, chicken thigh, onions, egg, tofu, and peas and carrots.

I will not put pizza in it

This is the video games thread…

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Did lamps work?

It was a UV sensor. Sun lamps would work, but losing yourself in a game under a sun lamp is what we in the biz call 'a bad idea'.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

someone please name a very easy game that will not piss me off with some bullshit

not stardew valley i've already played that to death

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
anything Kirby?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sally posted:

anything Kirby?

I just played Kirby's Dream Land 2 and trying to get all the Rainbow Seeds....

The game is basically Dark Souls + The Witness in terms of difficulty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kerrzhe posted:

someone please name a very easy game that will not piss me off with some bullshit

not stardew valley i've already played that to death

This is why I like point n click games, but lately I've been loving around in Hypnospace Outlaw which is chill asf.