Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Doctor Roosevelt posted:

And god help us if they somehow go the distance because this poo poo will never end.

Yes, the Eagles getting to another Super Bowl and winning it is bad, actually because...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BiggerBoat posted:

Yes, the Eagles getting to another Super Bowl and winning it is bad, actually because...

No Big Dick Nick.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Good Post

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

indigi posted:

he initially chose Gannon, who was very obviously carried by a tremendous DL with a playmaking CB, and his original succession plan was Fangio who has done a bad job in Miami. then there's Desai and Patricia. I don't think he can pick a good DC, given that he's chosen four bad ones so far

...So, a DC who excelled with mostly the same talent as this year's roster, a guy who's widely considered to be one of the best DCs in the league and a guy they had to scramble to get after Gannon's late departure? Like, you're literally calling Vic Fangio a bad pick. You'd probably complain about prime Belichick calling the defense.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I for one would support the eagles firing and trading everybody and plunging into chaos within a year of a super bowl appearance, that sounds extremely good to me

Doctor Roosevelt
Jun 17, 2006

Nap Ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

I meant more that they'll continue doubling down and not improving anything, not to mention no BDN, though I guess Michael Clay figured his poo poo out after a year, so maybe there's hope for the rest of the staff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Black Lighter posted:

...So, a DC who excelled with mostly the same talent as this year's roster, a guy who's widely considered to be one of the best DCs in the league and a guy they had to scramble to get after Gannon's late departure? Like, you're literally calling Vic Fangio a bad pick. You'd probably complain about prime Belichick calling the defense.

😂

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Black Lighter posted:

You're talking about firing a coach who's taken the team to the playoffs three years in a row, and who had the team in the Super Bowl not twelve months ago. Without even, say, giving him an offseason to find a new DC to replace the desperation hire who took over after Gannon hosed us, or figuring out a way to address the secondary aging into dust. Just pure WIP poo poo.
I have been quite specifically talking about firing the coordinators.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not only would I fire him, I would make it retroactive to the first game of the season

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

CapnAndy posted:

I have been quite specifically talking about firing the coordinators.

Then specify when you're responding to my post about firing the entire staff

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if the staff is fired and it isn't Sirianni's idea, ie he's told to by Howie, there's literally no reason to keep him around. he's clearly not a schematic genius or playcalling savant, he's not a great developer of coaches, he's built an abysmal staff, he's on the verge of losing the locker room (multiple guys have given interviews lately criticizing the panic switch from Desai to Patricia, including Fletcher Cox, AJ Brown refuses press availability, Hurts is moping and saying the type of cryptic poo poo in press conferences you only expect from WRs). what is he bringing? this feels like the end of the Chip Kelly era where apologists are bending over backwards to find reasons to keep the crying polentone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He lost the locker room . There is no verge

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

If AJ is telling the truth and they improvised a major play then they still don't trust the coaching staff. Fire Sirianni.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He has no motivation to lie

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think Siranni should be kept on -- Super Bowl last year and 11 wins and playoffs this year is sure fuckin' not nothing -- but if he's the cost to get the coordinators and Patricia gone, I'll swallow it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s not important. If the players don’t like him there is no point keeping him. His whole purpose is keeping the players happy and coordinating gameplans. He can’t do either

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm willing to see out Sirianni one more year if he can somehow demonstrate he's just not just a guy who babysits coordinators, because anybody can do that

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The eagles offense looked dysfunctional before Siranni gave up playcalling and its back to looking not too hot after Steichen left AND they just got beat in a shootout against their old DC everyone said is bad. If there's an eye test for lame duck HC then Siranni is passing with flying colors IMO W/L record be damned

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he has no answers if the competition comes with a coherent gameplan and league average talent

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On a similar vein, I'm not in love with Fat Mike at all but uh...if you get three 12 win seasons in a row that's hard to poo poo on. Hell, at this point getting poo poo stomped by the 49ers AGAIN might still be considered a successful season if it means the Cowboys get to their first NFC Championship game in decades.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
It's so funny how winning a super bowl shatters the brains and expectations of fans and a coach who has made the playoffs in all 3 years and despite recent problems can possibly finish with 12 wins is "useless" and "should be gone". extremely funny

It's like once you get that recent win you think winning a sb should be easy so any and all problems are fire worthy lmao

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Meanwhile, here’s Ron Rivera’s accomplishments:

https://x.com/BenStandig/status/1742714860729729032?s=20

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Shinjobi posted:

On a similar vein, I'm not in love with Fat Mike at all but uh...if you get three 12 win seasons in a row that's hard to poo poo on. Hell, at this point getting poo poo stomped by the 49ers AGAIN might still be considered a successful season if it means the Cowboys get to their first NFC Championship game in decades.

Fat mike having success at Dallas is a shining example that maybe we are overestimating the impact a head coach has on success on the field.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Reading what AJ Brown had to say, it seemed like he said Sirianni was trying to cover the players by claiming that improvised play. I didn't really gather anything else from his time with the media, aside from that the players are frustrated? He said they're frustrated with their own performance, but that may just be more smoke and mirrors. It seems like the players are demotivated or demoralized and are phoning it in or something, idk. The vibes are hosed though

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

biceps crimes posted:

The vibes are hosed though
a fireable offense, imo

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I think the Eagles are a playoff team and they will retain their coach and will be fine.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

biceps crimes posted:

It seems like the players are demotivated or demoralized and are phoning it in or something, idk.

Not one Eagles player even lifted their arms to try and catch the hail mary at the end of the Cardinal’s game. I’ve never seen such a give up play by an offense.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Cash Monet posted:

I think the Eagles are a playoff team and they will retain their coach and will be fine.

I have a reasonable emotional investment in my team. When they win, i enjoy it. When they lose, I am disappointed sometimes. I am entertained without any of it giving me stress or anxiety.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nobody posting on these forums has access to the Eagles locker room to know if they hate their coach and have given up on him.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Nobody posting on these forums has access to the Eagles locker room

You can't confirm this.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I have access to the Eagles locker room and can confirm that they all hate their coach and they also all smell very bad and they all are very dumb and constantly slip on banana peels and fall into trash cans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Nobody posting on these forums has access to the Eagles locker room to know if they hate their coach and have given up on him.

We literally watch the games

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The loss to the cardinals was the worst lost for the eagles this century. Total franchise shattering collapse.

The loss to the giants this week may be worse but they may sit “starters” to avoid the ignominy

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

euphronius posted:

The loss to the cardinals was the worst lost for the eagles this century. Total franchise shattering collapse.

The loss to the giants this week may be worse but they may sit “starters” to avoid the ignominy

:aloom: :wrong:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They have the worst defense in the league (the worst defense in recent eagles history ), the Franchise QB who just signed a huge extension has regressed into a turnover prone mediocrity and they are supposed to be a Super Bowl contender . The franchise WR is stalking around the field with total visible contempt for every one . The good veterans who are left will likely retire or demand a trade

It’s a total collapse

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Strong, strong, strong recommend of the play callers podcast on the athletic.com

It's a five part series of studies the Kyle shanahan coaching tree coming out of Washington with McVey McDaniel's, Demico, Ryan's, Zach Taylor, etc.

Lots of long form interviews of each individual coach and deep dives into their mentalities their history, their thought processes, their struggles, their relationships with each other, etc

If you can only do one episode, I recommend episode 4 where they spend a good amount of time, specifically talking about their philosophy of play, calling and game preparation.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

It’s a total collapse

The only thing that has totally collapsed is your brain

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am seeing clearly. I am moisturized. Calm. In my lane.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It's a shame they couldn't have won last year and let Kelce retire a champ rather than whatever humiliating loss they end up with (probably at Tampa)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Febreeze posted:

I have access to the Eagles locker room and can confirm that they all hate their coach and they also all smell very bad and they all are very dumb and constantly slip on banana peels and fall into trash cans

gently caress that's pretty damning