Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Annath posted:

Swapping shells on a pair of JoyCons was one of the most arduous electronics tinkering jobs I've ever done, although at the time I did it I had severe carpal tunnel in both hands and couldn't feel my fingers :v:

I want to buy a new MicroSD card - I know Amazon is apparently full of fakes, but are they mostly the weird chinese brands, or am I running a risk even if I buy a Samsung or SanDisk one?
Man, gamers always have to do things on the highest difficulty level, don't they? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Commander Keene posted:

Man, gamers always have to do things on the highest difficulty level, don't they? :v:

Lol, nobody else was gonna make my Switch Atomic Purple!

I have since gotten (fairly miserable tbh) surgery on both arms that has basically cured the carpal tunnel, so next time should be easier.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Annath posted:

Swapping shells on a pair of JoyCons was one of the most arduous electronics tinkering jobs I've ever done, although at the time I did it I had severe carpal tunnel in both hands and couldn't feel my fingers :v:

I want to buy a new MicroSD card - I know Amazon is apparently full of fakes, but are they mostly the weird chinese brands, or am I running a risk even if I buy a Samsung or SanDisk one?

I usually buy whichever is cheaper between silicon power or patriot. When I’m doing smaller cards that I want to be reliable but cheap (64gb or so) I usually grab a 5 pack of micro center ones off Amazon.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

hmm, now I have finally beaten Portal

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Oh poo poo, new super professional rumor about switch 2 is that it's an upgrade
Oh man
Oh boy

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

can't wait to download more RAM into my Switch

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Prince of Persia looking solid on Switch, this is the article I’ve been waiting for.

https://wccftech.com/prince-of-persia-the-lost-crown-specs/amp/

60 FPS docked or hand held.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Upsidads posted:

Oh poo poo, new super professional rumor about switch 2 is that it's an upgrade
Oh man
Oh boy

it is called the 2witch because it looks like a backwards S so it works.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Reliable sources are saying that the Switch 2 will be a really good deck of hanafuda cards, neatly avoiding any complaints about processing power or backwards compatibility.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
It's me. I'm the Switch 2.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Bleck posted:

Can I play with you?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bleck posted:

Is silksong a launch title

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is silksong a launch title

Yes, for Switch 3.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Twooch

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I can't wait for the Switch-U

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

time for all the funniest posters to workshop their switch 2 names!!!!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Go on...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the nintendo's witch

it will have multiple bayonetta launch titles and a fortune telling feature that is eerily accurate

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've heard rumors that the Switch 2 is coming soon, perhaps this year.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A new Nintendo console? Fuckin’ yeah right

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

THE SWITCH DECK

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
super nintendo 3switch U advance

e: cube

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

maybe they will bring wind waker hd to switch 2

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What's everyones' pipe dream for the system's swan song? (I personally believe there'll be 100 years of Switch until something is officially announced.)

I what a Pikmin 1+2 packaging of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, and I know it'll never happen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Untitled Swan Game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I want a new rhythm heaven

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I wonder if there's going to be another game that straddles generations, like BotW

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I wonder if there's going to be another game that straddles generations, like BotW

Metroid Prime 4 imo
Probably something like dynamic resolution, struggles for a consistent 30fps on Switch.

Solid 1080 or better, solid 60 on Switch 2.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

hatty posted:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Metroid Prime 4 imo
Probably something like dynamic resolution, struggles for a consistent 30fps on Switch.

Solid 1080 or better, solid 60 on Switch 2.

Sounds like a good opportunity for 1080 Snowboarding reboot.

I get why Zelda, or Mario are launch titles, but would MP4 really be a must buy for people? It may get the series finally selling in Japan, but I thought it always did low numbers.

hatty posted:

That'd be great actually. Not changing my answer but it's a strong 2nd.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's everyones' pipe dream for the system's swan song? (I personally believe there'll be 100 years of Switch until something is officially announced.)

I what a Pikmin 1+2 packaging of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, and I know it'll never happen.

paying Denis Dyack a gazillion dollars for Eternal Darkness 2

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

symbolic posted:

paying Denis Dyack a gazillion dollars for Eternal Darkness 2

nintendo owns the eternal darkness ip, we don't need to pay dyack a cent for a sequel

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Donkey Kong Country

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

nintendo owns the eternal darkness ip, we don't need to pay dyack a cent for a sequel

praise be, then give me a gazillion dollars to play it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Still not changing my response but thinking of 3rd party IP's, what chance is there of getting other Soulsborne games on the system? I really liked Dark Souls 1.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Still not changing my response but thinking of 3rd party IP's, what chance is there of getting other Soulsborne games on the system? I really liked Dark Souls 1.

Not sure the Switch could comfortably run DS3 or Elden Ring tbh.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Annath posted:

Not sure the Switch could comfortably run DS3 or Elden Ring tbh.

DS2? I know it's the black sheep or whatever but still. And didn't they remake Demon Souls? I guess that wouldn't work either.

Well that's my want for next console then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dark Souls 2 is good but I’m not sure if it’s gonna see a switch port