Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Skippy McPants posted:

Because I play on my phone and post on my actual computer, so transferring deck codes is a bigger pain. Anyhoo, Shenaut is the best HE list. Here is the core,

The last three slots can be any of,

Leech
Nebula
Cosmo
Shocker
Jeff
Armor

Of those, I think Leech, Nebula, Cosmo, and Shocker are the best choices.

I juuuuust got HE (& Caiera) from this week's cache! Woo I can try decks like this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Does anyone have a fun or just ridiculously random deck to play with? I like experimenting with random stuff in the early part of the month, and I haven't landed on anything especially clever.

I was kind of hoping to find something that would make good use of both Morph and Doc Ock.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Red posted:

I was kind of hoping to find something that would make good use of both Morph and Doc Ock.

I'm assuming you already tried the Ronan route?

I figured fishing for big dudes would be fun this season and Leeching a huge hand is funny.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Marx Headroom posted:

I'm assuming you already tried the Ronan route?

I figured fishing for big dudes would be fun this season and Leeching a huge hand is funny.

"You like lovely useless cards? HAVE ALL THE USELESS lovely CARDS IN THE WORLD!!!"

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

2024 roadmap is out and we're getting clans. Can't wait to be in a group with fellow card debutants.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Red posted:

"You like lovely useless cards? HAVE ALL THE USELESS lovely CARDS IN THE WORLD!!!"

He'll yeah! Doc Ock > Shang would be pretty funny too, maybe I'll take out Devil Dinosaur.

I really do suspect Morph will be quietly pretty drat good this season. All the best decks (Black Knight, Lockjaw, InSheNaut, Blob) have very tasty hands.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

incoherent posted:

2024 roadmap is out and we're getting clans. Can't wait to be in a group with fellow card debutants.

https://www.marvelsnap.com/newsdetail?id=7296743796027513606

More important will be if I get to spam Starry Eyed Magik over every card and location every second of every game

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

incoherent posted:

and no more changes to card acquisition, which remains bad.

aside from the nebulous new game mode, none of these are exciting.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Clans? What does that mean for a 1v1 mobile game?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

No Wave posted:

I would hope it means you can more easily play casual games with clan members. Otherwise, it's probably just rankings and perhaps some sort of message board? All they've said so far at the link above is that you can collaborate on missions and earn points, whatever that means.

Calling it now that clan membership will have a hilariously small ceiling, so the goons will have to have like 4 or 5 separate clans.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fate Accomplice posted:

and no more changes to card acquisition, which remains bad.

aside from the nebulous new game mode, none of these are exciting.

Depends on how Booster Vats are implemented. Replacing all those 25/65/155 random booster rewards with a similarly sized tub where you can pick what card they're for would be helpful.

By the way, if anyone missed it there's a new web exclusive bundle choice. $15 for Psylocke or Iceman. Iceman is better value.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

It means grinding 100 games to get 10 points towards your clan getting 100 tokens.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Clans collaborating to complete albums would be pretty lol.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

No Wave posted:

Clans collaborating to complete albums would be pretty lol.

This tracks for me, more ways for whales to stroke their egos = more money

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Depends on how Booster Vats are implemented. Replacing all those 25/65/155 random booster rewards with a similarly sized tub where you can pick what card they're for would be helpful.

By the way, if anyone missed it there's a new web exclusive bundle choice. $15 for Psylocke or Iceman. Iceman is better value.

the way they worded it, 99% sure we're gonna see booster vats as a new $ option. there's no way they give them to us for free. prolly tease out a freebie or two as samplers to try to get peopled hooked on yet another thing that will be monetized in the shop.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
That's how I read that too. Boosters are the currency that they haven't been able to make attractive for purchases so far.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh I’m sure they’ll have one small booster vat in the conquest store for 1,500 medals or something.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Sandwolf posted:

It means grinding 100 games to get 10 points towards your clan getting 100 tokens.

I would be very surprised to see any kind of chat so honestly just expecting this. New weeklies to grind and a 10 player cap or something.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The amount of joy in out world increases slightly every time a shithole a Blob deck snaps into a Wave followed by an instant retreat when I drop Mobius.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ah they finally actually did the refund and I now have -250 gold, honestly thought they weren't going to bother. When I worked on a mobile game with microtransactions that was a real loving nightmare to test, very decent chance of it massively loving stuff up so I figured they'd just give me the double gold I was supposed to get, that seems easier but eh.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Clans will be definitely be built to feed on fomo and peer pressure

Was a good year while they still had core anti whaling values they were adhering to. Now they got the playerbase and can afford to lose the minnows and ftps

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Clans will be definitely be built to feed on fomo and peer pressure

Was a good year while they still had core anti whaling values they were adhering to. Now they got the playerbase and can afford to lose the minnows and ftps

Everything announced today is basically monetization or cosmetic. It feels really annoying to constantly be getting these big announcements that don’t actually have anything to do with gameplay, card acquisition, game modes, *actually playing the game*

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Also anyone hopeful about the booster vat, be prepared for "your booster vat is FULL! Pay 2.99 now to get your 250 [iron man] boosters and start collecting more bonus boosters for your favorite cards NOW!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

quote:

Pick the Booster Vat size you want to use, pick the character you want to target, complete an objective to crack open the Booster Vat, and then collect your Boosters!

Is "Pay us $5" an Objective now?

Edit: I'm still not sure Booster Vats will be a purchase or something more like "Win X Matches with Iron Man to get 50 Iron Man Boosters!"

Or both? Why NOT monetize when you CAN monetize, eh?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Give me the cat emojis!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skippy McPants posted:

The amount of joy in out world increases slightly every time a shithole a Blob deck snaps into a Wave followed by an instant retreat when I drop Mobius.

God drat, every time people were talking about Moebius being big this season I read Morbius and was VERY confused at the synergy.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hah, yeah it's Mobin' time, not Morbin' time.

He's just crazy good at the moment. Every. Single. Deck. is running cost reduction. I think I've had a total of two games where he was only a vanilla 3/3.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I don't know why but compared to the other deck suggestions, this one I threw together has consistently won me more games and caused, very weirdly, two ragequits in proving grounds of all places :confused:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I saw a Turn 5 11-power Blob today, very funny. Might have been a bot, but still very funny.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ijyt posted:

I don't know why but compared to the other deck suggestions, this one I threw together has consistently won me more games and caused, very weirdly, two ragequits in proving grounds of all places :confused:

I think I saw someone with that deck today and I thought it was a bot deck because it seemed very strange. I ended up winning with a Darkhawk deck.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think I saw someone with that deck today and I thought it was a bot deck because it seemed very strange. I ended up winning with a Darkhawk deck.

didn't even know darkhawk existed as a character until this post so don't think it was me

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's a relatively basic early Pool 3 discard. Consider dropping Wolverine or Chavez for Collector. He doesn't get huge, but he gets a buff every time you discard Swarm and Apocalypse. Helicarrier might be a decent replacement for She Hulk when you get it. Also, Ghost Rider isn't great here. He can't pull Apoc, and he can pull Swarm. Think about Moon Knight, Hell Cow, or Black Bolt if you have any of them.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If I had any of those they'd be in the deck, he's come in clutch multiple times for me with good placement

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!

No Wave posted:

It means they can show you notifications about friends acquiring fancy cards to keep that dangling carrot in your face all the time.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i really wish there was a way to undo ending your turn if the turn hasnt ended yet

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Kly posted:

i really wish there was a way to undo ending your turn if the turn hasnt ended yet

Not an empty quote
Especially if your opponent snaps late

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kly posted:

I thought this was on the road map for a future update.

There are so many times that I do my turn, end it, then immediately regret it :(

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Jumped on the Sauron bundle that just popped up because it was mega gold to credits value. As a result I jumped.... a ton in collection level. So that's nice!

I've got a decent chunk of Pool 3+ cards now... are there any super standout options here that I might be able to work something good or fun/memey out of?

Mister Negative
Doctor Octopus
Wong (Already been having a blast with him, making White Tiger go apeshit on the board)
Yellowjacket
Attuma
Valkyrie
Baron Mordo
Goose
The Hood
Rescue
Super Skrull
Nebula (My 1 key lucked out!)
Sauron
Doctor Doom
Colleen Wing
Magneto
Polaris
Nick Fury

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Wong / White Tiger / Doctor Doom shits tokens everywhere. A++ would recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
They’ve confirmed that customizing card borders will also lock the card effects to whatever that border naturally has so the dream of a good looking 3-D Animated Ink card with a white border remains dead for at least six months or however long it takes them to change that.