Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's everyones' pipe dream for the system's swan song?

3-way tie between Picross 3D Round 3, Kid Icarus Uprising, and The Last Story. I was going to say remasters for the last two, but heck, we're in pipe dream territory, I'll take sequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Port Bloodborne with even worse frame rate since Sony isn’t going to do anything.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

xedo posted:

3-way tie between Picross 3D Round 3, Kid Icarus Uprising, and The Last Story. I was going to say remasters for the last two, but heck, we're in pipe dream territory, I'll take sequels.

I'd love a Picross 3D. They could port the ones they have for those who never played it but yeah a new one would be great.

Voxelgrams is a good clone if you haven't tried it already. I never did buy Uprising, the control scheme seemed designed to hurt me. But it reminds me of another Sakurai game I never played and given my love of Kirby spinoffs, I want to play Kirby's Air Ride.

God, a GC app would be soon great. There's a lot great games stuck on that system...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

xedo posted:

kid icarus uprising but with controls that won't give you permanent arthritis

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

kid icarus uprising but with controls that won't give you permanent arthritis

really enjoyed that game but they sure as hell made it hard to do so for my left handed rear end

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
The final switch title will be a 16 game yakuza/RGG (y0-6, gaiden, LAD 1/2, judgment 1/2, fotns, ishin, kenzan, dead souls) mega pack that costs a mere $50

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Honestly I'm fine with just letting TOTK/Wonder/SMRPG be the swan songs of the console

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Honestly I'm fine with just letting TOTK/Wonder/SMRPG be the swan songs of the console

It will be Prime 4

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's everyones' pipe dream for the system's swan song? (I personally believe there'll be 100 years of Switch until something is officially announced.)

I what a Pikmin 1+2 packaging of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, and I know it'll never happen.

cubivore hd

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's going to be Just Dance.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's everyones' pipe dream for the system's swan song? (I personally believe there'll be 100 years of Switch until something is officially announced.)

I what a Pikmin 1+2 packaging of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, and I know it'll never happen.

Rusty's real deal baseball 2

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Link's Crossbow Training 2

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Waltzing Along posted:

It's going to be Just Dance.

This is likely correct and painful to acknowledge, although Shakedown Hawaii just got a sudden physical release on 3DS in November

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

nintendo owns the eternal darkness ip, we don't need to pay dyack a cent for a sequel

I feel like they should should rebuild the original game with modern fakeouts instead.

Oops, your Switch account will delete itself in 3...2...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
To continue, please put the cart into your switch 2.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

StarTropics 3

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I feel like they should should rebuild the original game with modern fakeouts instead.

fake joycon drift. it'd be even scarier because you wouldn't be able to tell if it was even fake!

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just constant controller drift that may or may not be there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

trevorreznik posted:

The final switch title will be a 16 game yakuza/RGG (y0-6, gaiden, LAD 1/2, judgment 1/2, fotns, ishin, kenzan, dead souls) mega pack that costs a mere $50

Blows my mind Sega haven’t thrown a few yakuza games on switch. It’s free money. 💵

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

anyone know what the deal is with switch carts localized to China? are they the same region free carts that everywhere else uses and will they work on unmodified retail consoles from US/EU?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Are people still recommending the hori Split Pad Pro or is there a newer model that’s better?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

kecske posted:

anyone know what the deal is with switch carts localized to China? are they the same region free carts that everywhere else uses and will they work on unmodified retail consoles from US/EU?

Typically, but some don’t have language support for everywhere. I’ve made that mistake before. Usually play asia listings will show the language support in each version.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

after some googling, buried in a support page:

quote:

Please note that systems and games distributed in the Chinese region are not compatible with systems and games distributed in the Americas.

guess I'll pass on the cheap marios

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's just what they want you to think

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

okay i got the improved dash in Cassette Beasts, devs are forgiven but I still want to bonk whoever designed that.

Finally managed to make headways, unlocked fusion with another partner, 2 field abilities and found multiple places. Main complaint is game is too easy specially since you can freely change moves to anyone (first partner evolved with Common Start+AOE is OP) but game does have difficulty settings I should look into. I do love being able to use almost anyone because type/stats are the only distinctions, even if I'm trying to remaster as many critters as I can first before going with my favourites. Did not expect my sheep starter to evolve into Rammstein of all things.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've been looking at Backpack Hero lately, but I hear there are some significant bugs on the Switch, including one that can erase your save data. Has anyone run into this? Have there been any patches to address it?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Star posted:

Are people still recommending the hori Split Pad Pro or is there a newer model that’s better?

I like it, and I like the split compact more. Less bulky.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People seem to be hyping the Nitro Deck these days

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
There's going to be a prince of Persia demo

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1742965450290422083?t=yTUuGIzWQZyTgv7jASBPow&s=19

Game is looking good

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fantastic. I’ve been on the fence about getting this for Switch or PC and I really didn’t want to get it from the epic game store or Ubisoft store.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It sure looks like 60fps there. I'm happy there will be a demo!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

crazy that ubisoft are putting out a game that actually looks fun

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i remember a time long ago where i actually looked forward to the next Ubisoft release...

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Can't wait to play the demo and wait for the first big sale.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sally posted:

i remember a time long ago where i actually looked forward to the next Ubisoft release...

i also remember 2008

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i also remember 2008

lol i almost post that Assassin's Creed was what killed interest in Ubisoft games for me... yah that released in 08. such a disappointment

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Assassin's Creed are all just Prince of Persia sequels. They built AC1 out of a half-finished Prince game, and the movement is so similar.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i also remember 2008

Look at this loser who didn't play Rayman Legends. :colbert:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Rayman Legends is a good game in spite of some of the ugliest character designs of all time

Mario Rabbits Kingdom Battle was a great game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

I like it, and I like the split compact more. Less bulky.

hatty posted:

People seem to be hyping the Nitro Deck these days

Split compact looks cool for handheld but if you also want wireless as an option, I'll proselytize the NYXI Hyperion (or the Wizard if you want a GameCube layout, but that only works well for some games IMO)

Nitro Deck I hear horror stories of loving up USB stuff (in this very thread iirc)