Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It's loving stupid that her name is Cindy and not Cidney.

I will die on this hill.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

great username
Dec 28, 2023

jokes posted:

FFT characters have loving weird body proportions, but then you look at ogre battle and you're like 'oh'

*nods* Tactics Ogre is a mainline Final Fantasy game.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

great username posted:

*nods* Tactics Ogre is a mainline Final Fantasy game.

It is set in the Ivalice universe

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Ariana Grande is canon.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Mordiceius posted:

It's loving stupid that her name is Cindy and Cidney.

I will die on this hill.

You know what, I agree with this take. Her name should have been Mid.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

jokes posted:

FF14's designers share his passion

Yeah. He was the concept artist.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Gologle posted:

You know what, I agree with this take. Her name should have been Mid.

Ack. I missed a word.

Her name should have been Cidney. :colbert:

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Ariana Grande is canon.

Yet, even though she has three separate rarities, they're not named Ariana, Arianara, and Arianaga.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cidney Midney Sophiar

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Ack. I missed a word.

Her name should have been Cidney. :colbert:
it was in japanese, they changed it in translation

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
finished ffix for the first time last week and I loved it.

started ffx for the first time the other day. so far so good!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

nt, the really bad dissidia game that no one played

Whyzzat

Should i play crystal chronicles instead?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Which leads to her hilariously being credited as Cindy/Cidney in the credits.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

Ah. Well, it was a bad change.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I hope the XVI team gets to make another game along those lines. The final boss of Echoes of the Fallen is excellent, they clearly learnt a lot from the main game development.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

If you're asking why it was bad or why no one played it it's because it was a Gundam Versus clone that was almost impossible to play multi-player outside of Japan. I'm not sure if it had single player content at all?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Im replaying FF7, I’m into Disc 2 now. Got the Highwind and just got the huge materia from Corel. Are there any particularly good side quests I could do right now?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wutai is a must whenever you've gotten to the point where wutai is available

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Have you done Wutai yet?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mega64 posted:

Ariana Grande is canon.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have not done Wutai yet!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lol I thought this was an edit at first.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guess this is canon now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb9T679e3Z0

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I never met a female mechanic who would wear anything close to what Cindy wears in ffxv, well not while they're actually working on something anyway

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Tho tbf she's got decent ppe, safety goggles are close at hand tho I don't see any ear protection. Everything she's wearing is a tight fit so no loose or dangly bits to get caught in anything, not wearing any metal jewellery that could arc on anything either so it's a pretty good fit tbh. That belt buckle would do a number on the paintwork tho. That'd have to go

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fridge corn posted:

I never met a female mechanic who would wear anything close to what Cindy wears in ffxv, well not while they're actually working on something anyway
so you have met male mechanics who would

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Endorph posted:

so you have met male mechanics who would

There was this one guy I worked with who wore a boiler suit with no top on underneath whose front zip would mysteriously fall lower and lower as the day went on so I suppose yes I have 😂😂

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

fridge corn posted:

There was this one guy I worked with who wore a boiler suit with no top on underneath whose front zip would mysteriously fall lower and lower as the day went on so I suppose yes I have 😂😂

did you ever meet him sitting on a park bench?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man this rules :allears:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Todays the last day to grab the FF series on the PSN sale, they even late added the stragglers like crisis core

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

No Pixel Remasters on sale, boo

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

jokes posted:

It is set in the Ivalice universe

No poo poo, really?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

X JAKK posted:

Todays the last day to grab the FF series on the PSN sale, they even late added the stragglers like crisis core

thanks for the heads up. sounds like it's time to get strangers of paradise finally.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

So is Vagrant Story

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The Matsunoverse is scant in detail, full of hints, and has extremely sweaty nerds trying to piece them together. On top of that, Matsuno is contradictory in interviews so who knows what the gently caress to believe. Also most of the big things from Final Fantasy are present in Ivalice (like the Crystal Tower, Matoya's Cave, the Palamecian Empire, etc.) via the wonders-- which makes sense, as FFT is a mainline Final Fantasy game.

But I will say that the Gran Grimoire from VS is a plot point in FFTA, used by Mewt to create the world that Marche destroys, the same Mewt in FFTA2 who gives the Grimoire of the Rift to Luso (who ultimately goes to the 'real' Ivalice). Matsuno has also said VS and Ivalice aren't connected, but FF12 has a continent called Valendia (and an Age of Old Valendia) which is where Vagrant Story takes place, and there's a reference to lea Monde in FF12. The Zodiac Stones are present in Ogrebattle, Ashley's weapon (among other things) are in Tactics Ogre.

Also the timeline of Ivalice is super long and mentions not one, not 4, but 8 separate calamities that threatened to destroy the world (and potentially 4 more). The one that reverted the world of airships (FF12) to the feudal hellhole of FFT was just the latest.

More likely they're all just winks and easter eggs for weirdos like me who like this sort of thing, and Ivalice is distinct from VS which is distinct from TO. There's a much stronger connection between Ivalice and Vagrant Story than Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle, though.

e: personally, I think the idea is that it's just fun to do callbacks to earlier works and all of the Ivalice games and Ogrebattle and Vagrant Story are good, but ultimately just connected via Matsuno who has explicitly said they're not connected. Don't read too deeply into the "connections" between them, unless it's fun. I mean, Link is dead in a grave in an elf village in one Final Fantasy

jokes fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 5, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

So is Vagrant Story

That was a localization thing!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was? That's weird. Even the FF14 raid in Ivalice has VS references.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's canon

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It was? That's weird. Even the FF14 raid in Ivalice has VS references.

I'll try to hunt it down exactly, but I had watched a big thing on VS a while ago and they showed receipts from the FF12 translation team that they added in the VS refs and they're absent from the original script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I thought it was the case but later matsuno just gobbled the two together anyways?