Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Lord Wexia posted:

Oh right I forgot you see them in the inventory. People usually just crack them all together for the best chances though, rather than taking turns, right?

With strangers you'll probably radshare with you all putting your rads at the same time because trust issues.

With friends you'll usually take turns because it removes the chance of getting a good roll on multiple relics at once, which feels wasteful, and relics should only take 5mins each at most (which is the rate when doing survival fissures.)

Personally I'd advise trying to keep a more relaxed mindset about such things. And also just trade for stuff RNGesus or the desire sensor are screwing you out of. Especially when you also start factoring in all the runs you have to do to get the void traces, etcetc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FunkyFjord posted:

And yeah shards are just one of those things that come with time rather than rapid concentrated grinding.

That's true for shards, but sharts can accumulate rapidly and without warning.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tylana posted:

With strangers you'll probably radshare with you all putting your rads at the same time because trust issues.

With friends you'll usually take turns because it removes the chance of getting a good roll on multiple relics at once, which feels wasteful, and relics should only take 5mins each at most (which is the rate when doing survival fissures.)

Personally I'd advise trying to keep a more relaxed mindset about such things. And also just trade for stuff RNGesus or the desire sensor are screwing you out of. Especially when you also start factoring in all the runs you have to do to get the void traces, etcetc.

adding on to this a bit, the all at once vs staggered is sometimes called radshare vs radstagger.

It's time efficiency vs trace efficiency, depends on what the group cares about. Personally I'm all radshare all the time unless we're trying to scrape expensive vaulted rare drops out of a limited stash otherwise whatever I got stuff to do, let's go. time has value.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

So is blaming Everything Bad In Warframe on Rebb going to be like people screaming about Nomura in the Final Fantasy threads?

god

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I made an icy avalanche frost. I still need to mess with the setup, but I really like it so far. The density of the murmur really feeds it. I also started relying on void sling and cadence for movement, which is faster than most frames.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
I just go the Latron Incarnon... holy poo poo just let me carpet bomb the whole area constantly and we're good!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Thanks, Space Mom.

Faxanadus posted:

I just go the Latron Incarnon... holy poo poo just let me carpet bomb the whole area constantly and we're good!

Yeah, it's basically the HL2 pulse rifle, it's pretty fun even as someone who doesn't use many rifles.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Are people really upset about shards when nothing in this game is tuned to the point you need them. Like unless you're doing level 9999 4 hour long survivals you really only need good mods, and that's just "good" not like perfect roll rivens and all of your stuff replaced with Primed/Archon/Sacrificial/etc mods, and exilus/arcaned up.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
You don't need them for levelcap stuff, but they make certain high end builds much, much comfier. To the point where I'd probably not run some of them if it wasn't for the shards.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see
Still can’t login with a switch account on the website to merge. Anyone see any updates about this?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Optikalusion posted:

Still can’t login with a switch account on the website to merge. Anyone see any updates about this?

They have not thrown wide the gates again, the only stated time is "January."

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Psion posted:

adding on to this a bit, the all at once vs staggered is sometimes called radshare vs radstagger.

It's time efficiency vs trace efficiency, depends on what the group cares about. Personally I'm all radshare all the time unless we're trying to scrape expensive vaulted rare drops out of a limited stash otherwise whatever I got stuff to do, let's go. time has value.

Yeah, same here. I had a stint with randos for a 200p vaulted part where we staggered (but 2 at a time, not sure if that was time-conscious or a mitigation against trust issues), and it made sense for that since missing out on 200p parts would kind of hurt. But for the new-prime-of-the-update? Radshare all the way!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I literally havent played since closed Beta, what in the hell is all of this? Why is the DJ from the Warriors here??

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see

aegof posted:

They have not thrown wide the gates again, the only stated time is "January."

Ah thanks, I thought for some reason it was Jan 3rd. Back to waiting!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Shoehead posted:

I literally havent played since closed Beta, what in the hell is all of this? Why is the DJ from the Warriors here??

The DJ is basically WF's (free) battlepass.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Shoehead posted:

Clem.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Back after a year or so of absence (which seems to be a pattern) - Just did the New War questline and now four more quests opened up, and I apparently can't do steel charge.
So out of Duiviri paradox, veilbreaker, angels of zariman and whispers in the walls, which would you recommend I do first?

Second question, I never really interacted much with the Helmith stuff - I have it unlocked and subsumed infested speed for my gimmick superspeedvolt that still isn't actually that fast despite everything, but I think I would like to switch out some skill for my Titania since i mostly use razorwing and leave the other powers alone. What would be a fun ability to replace her one two or three with? Looking for amusing above useful or optimal. Something that makes it worth pressing some more buttons! If there is nothing like that, something that lets me blast things with my opticor even better? Idk.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as far as i'm aware, there are two main options. first, some sort of self buff. roar, eclipse, nourish, energized munitions (my preference), etc. it's basically down to personal choice. second, the ultimate speed build with thermal sunder so you don't have to slow down to kill enemies. it doesn't scale super well but it's more than adequate for relics.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tesla Nervos is always a fun power!

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

So out of Duiviri paradox, veilbreaker, angels of zariman and whispers in the walls, which would you recommend I do first?

I could be wrong but:

- Duviri is a very alternative take on the game, with pure operator combat, and will also open up "The Circuit", which is a neat game mode, and has good rewards (an alternative way to get annoying grind frames such as Harrow/Nidus, and in SP "incarnon" adapters that add a chargeable alt-mode on some old non-meta weapons and turns them into SP viable/SP monsters). Duviri also allows you to get Kullervo, who is an absolute monster of a frame.

- Veilbreaker will open up some weeklies, one where you get to play Kahl some more, and one being the Archon Hunt, a supercharged sortie. Both allow you to get Archon Shards, things that you can put up to 5 of in a frame for bonuses like armour, health regen, parkour speed, strength, duration, casting speed... Also allows to get Styanax, who I don't play, but apparently he can push some stupid amount of squad-wide overguard.

- Angels of Zariman has, uh, a few incarnon weapons (the original ones), and irc, the Gyre frame. It has some fun alternative game modes too.

- Whispers in the Walls has the new frame (Qorvex), a spellbook weapon, melee arcanes, an arcane melting feature whose currency you can use to buy random arcane 3-packs, and the current event whose currency you can use to buy Eidolon arcanes from the statue in the dojo. It has some more new mission types, and also unlocks a weekly mission (5 runs per week) which can grant Archon Shards. Also a way to fuse archon shards together to make new ones, but you're not going to get to play with that until you have amassed a decent collection.

If you plan to play a lot in the next 10 days or so and don't have arcanes like Energize maxed up, it's not a bad idea to do Whispers first and run the event. Alternatively, Energize goes for 40p a pop at the moment thanks to the event. If you have a lot of unused melee arcanes from SP, the arcane melting thing will also allow you to buy a good few packs just from these.

If you don't care much about the event arcanes, just look above and go with whatever sounds like the most fun or has the reward you're most likely to enjoy. Duviri might not be a bad one to do early, as Circuit rewards change every week, so the earlier it's unlocked, the earlier you get to check what the current week has in store. That might avoid you having to wait 6 weeks until the gun/frame you wanted rotates in again. Plus Duviri has Kullervo and he's a lot of fun.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
just a heads up that there's an alert up that awards Fleeting Expertise

as an almost LR4, I still didn't have that mod

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TheAgent posted:

I'm halfway through LR2 and still don't have blind rage.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, the desire sensor on those is wild. They aren't THAT much less common than the others, but I only have a few. I think I had to buy my first Fleeting.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

The Krios Signa is available from the statue in the dojo for one grotesque somethingorother. gently caress arcanes, look regal.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

smallmouth posted:

gently caress arcanes, look regal.

:hai:

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

smallmouth posted:

The Krios Signa is available from the statue in the dojo for one grotesque somethingorother. gently caress arcanes, look regal.

Thanks for the reminder.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm on the last stretch of collecting all the mods and goddamn, who decided some of these railjack mods needed to be .2% drop rates on rarer enemies? Fuckin' wild.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
jfc i'm gonna start brining spova to these netracell missions

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
it didn't help much

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I'm on the last stretch of collecting all the mods and goddamn, who decided some of these railjack mods needed to be .2% drop rates on rarer enemies? Fuckin' wild.

My fav weird drop rates are the elemental +status kubrow/ kavat mods like shock collar and flame gland, which are a loving .06% drop chance from hyenas on Fortuna. It's kinda bizarre.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

TheAgent posted:

Yeah don't sleep on this one, incredibly useful mod and a pain in the rear end to get without just buying one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

free hubcaps posted:

My fav weird drop rates are the elemental +status kubrow/ kavat mods like shock collar and flame gland, which are a loving .06% drop chance from hyenas on Fortuna. It's kinda bizarre.

also, those mods are 100% useless. it's great.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

hazardousmouse posted:

it didn't help much

It will just make the pubbies kill them outside of the circle even faster

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, those mods are 100% useless. it's great.

I mean, I imagine they can proc archon mods and since the pet rework it's possible they may have some other interesting interactions with bond mods, but yea they're definitely relatively worthless for how incredibly rare a drop they are.

Faxanadus posted:

Yeah don't sleep on this one, incredibly useful mod and a pain in the rear end to get without just buying one.

Yea this is a great mod, especially early to midgame when you still have issues with energy economy. Also enables a bunch of great builds on frames with abilities that don't rely a ton on duration.

Really hoping overextended comes up in these alert rotations too!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they became even less useful now that bond mods exist, because they vie for mod slots with those.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I’m not normally a solo guy but I’ve been soloing netracells because of how weird the spawns are. For whatever reason they seem a lot more consistent and actually move towards the circle in solo mode. Also, I’m usually pretty tolerant of the pubstove but Whispers has stretched my patience pretty thin. There’s plenty of good missions to hunt the book man or grab vocas but that’s not why I’m running netracells, and it’s frustrating when pubbies drop whatever they’re doing to run 500m in the wrong direction to get a 3p melee arcane.

I’ve been using a Revenant setup for solo and it’s pretty comfy. You’re fine so long as Mesmer skin stays up.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

Really hoping overextended comes up in these alert rotations too!!

Good news: https://www.warframe.com/news/void-corruption-alerts

26th - 29th

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Prop Wash posted:

I’m not normally a solo guy but I’ve been soloing netracells because of how weird the spawns are. For whatever reason they seem a lot more consistent and actually move towards the circle in solo mode.

Something is definitely busted with the spawns in multiplayer. Even with teammates who bring useful stuff, I see it regularly take 3+ minutes longer to get the same number of kills compared to playing solo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It seems that if someone hops in a necramech outside of the circle and has a sentinel, the enemies will stop to attack the sentinel on their stationary warframe, could be what is contributing to the slowness. That said though, netracells still seem to require an enormous kill count in multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I've seen weird spawning behavior in other missions on the new tileset. Usually my Effervo runs end with around 500-600 kills spread across the party, but I had one earlier today where I'm not sure if we even broke 150. Almost nothing spawned for the entire duration of the mission.