Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Devo posted:

Wong / White Tiger / Doctor Doom shits tokens everywhere. A++ would recommend.

Okay yeah this slaps pretty hard lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Wong fucks. I played pretty much that deck to my first few pool 3 infinites, though I'm sure it feels worse with New Chavez. Odin makes that deck go crazy and gives you a little extra juice if Wong gets silenced or you don't draw Doom. You could probably swap him in for WQ or Armor since you don't really need to worry about anything getting destroyed.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does a leeched card get the Patriot buff?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

CJ posted:

Does a leeched card get the Patriot buff?

yep

the +2 is still usually much less bad for you than whatever text they had in a deck playing Patriot (or conversely doesn't compensate for Doom/Ultron getting blanked)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Back to Infinite. Gonna be very sad when the Loki nerf hits next week. He's the only deck I enjoy playing into all the boring, linear, big-idiot decks that make up, like, 50% of the meta.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Shuffle 5 rocks into your deck... I draw 4 rocks in a row. Time to go buy a lotto ticket.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Infinite as well, played Loki the whole way and it felt a bit like easy mode. Rogue and Mobius were MVPs. This was one of the more memorable wins:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

victorious posted:

Infinite as well, played Loki the whole way and it felt a bit like easy mode. Rogue and Mobius were MVPs. This was one of the more memorable wins:

Wow, his Misty whiffed pretty hard. One middle and one more on the right woulda won it. He should probably retire the that pitcher variant.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 5, 2024

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

Wow, his Mistry whiffed pretty hard. One middle and one more on the right woulda won it.

He should probably retire the that pitcher variant.

They played Misty turn 2, and the only way for them to win after playing Debrii on 3 was for Misty to hit the left lane exactly twice and the middle lane once on turns 4,5 and 6. Any other variation doesn't win so it was a pretty big ask.

Edit: actually after thinking about it the odds are very slightly in their favour after turn 3 but Misty hit the right lane after turn 4 so they really should have figured they'd lost already.

victorious fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jan 5, 2024

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, it's a bad stay from him since he's banking on a 1/3 middle hit and two 1/3 right hits. I don't know the math but I think it's single digits. Shoulda got out for 2 cubes. I just wanted to make the pitcher joke.

Edit: wait, he had two hits land right. Why the gently caress did he stay at all? The game was deterministically over on Turn 4/5 unless he somehow tricked himself into thinking you couldn't beat 14 power right.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 5, 2024

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Maybe they thought I was a bot? Before turn 6 all I'd done was play Collector right and Mobius left.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Anyone else feel Skaar is one of the worst monthly cards yet? Very boring, you can build around it but it's better off Blob foods. At best I've made a deck to hit a 10+ power card on turn 3, 4, 5, so it cost zero on turn 6. Even then I'm like, this is just a weird/bad version of Shehulk.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Feels similar to Shaw, useful but narrow. Honestly, I'm fine with that. After the streak of Loki, Elsa, and Ms. Marvel respectively tearing up the meta I'm okay with having a few season pass cards that're more medium.

Don't worry, we'll probably be back to busted Season Pass cards next month, with Black Swan (2/3 On Reveal: Until the end of next turn, your 1-Cost cards cost 0). I'd be shocked if someone doesn't find a way to break her.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Some weird Caiera flood or bounce deck. Swan on 2, Nico/Hood/Beast on 3, do it again on 4 with Falcon. Could probably get some juice on Angela/Collector, too. Basically, it's the same weird meta shift since Hit Monkey.

Hell, Black Swan could make Hit Monkey great again. Which means Alioth will rise again.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

god drat it, also is there a way to share my collection I want to try loki before changes but IDK if I have the cards to make him work

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Joink posted:

Anyone else feel Skaar is one of the worst monthly cards yet? Very boring, you can build around it but it's better off Blob foods. At best I've made a deck to hit a 10+ power card on turn 3, 4, 5, so it cost zero on turn 6. Even then I'm like, this is just a weird/bad version of Shehulk.
He seems pretty decent. He and shuri both synergize with the fat but downside units so he can maybe fit in there.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I feel like I see Shang chi in every deck lately so it’s hard to get excited about big dudes.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I feel like I see Shang chi in every deck lately so it’s hard to get excited about big dudes.

But what if - and hear me out - there was a card, or even several cards, that make it so your big dudes cannot be Shanged

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

And also your little dudes

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

god drat it, also is there a way to share my collection I want to try loki before changes but IDK if I have the cards to make him work

Help me out goons, you're my only hope

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

ijyt posted:

As far as random cards go, Legion is pretty good though. You could do far worse.

Beasteh posted:

But what if - and hear me out - there was a card, or even several cards, that make it so your big dudes cannot be Shanged

I've been playing with Caiera a bit, and yeah, she's loving good.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It seems like she'd be good enough just being a 1 cost protector let alone 1 and 6 cost

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I just played this deck:

Did not realize that Shocker was a -1 COST, I thought it was -1 Power, as in it was somehow making your hand worse!

Did Shocker on Hulk, into Moon Girl, then Quinn Jet ( With the location that yields +1 energy when winning ) and holy crap, the swing in power! This deck is awesome once you stop and read the cards to understand the cards!

For those curious, it's pretty much everywhere and has been posted here but:

eyJOYW1lIjoiQ2FpZXJhIEV2byIsIkNhcmRzIjpbeyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYWllcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhpZ2hFdm9sdXRpb25hcnkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaXN0eUtuaWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5lYnVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hvY2tlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2thYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifV19

E: Of course once I play it not while pooping, and on my computer I get trounced by destroy with bad draws that I REALLY should have retreated from.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 5, 2024

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

ijyt posted:

You'll have to make a couple substitutions, but since you have Beast, Human Torch, and Caiera you should check out Jeff Hoogland's YouTube video from a day or two ago. It's a Human Torch bounce deck that allows you to make big stupid numbers and looks pretty fun to play. I was thinking about trying it out this weekend. I think Falcon comes before pool 3 anyway? Ignore this if you don't have him yet.

e: if you're specifically looking for Loki decks, you're missing some of the hand filling engine that makes him work. I'm specifically thinking of Snowguard and Agent Coulson.

Devo fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 5, 2024

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

ijyt posted:

I remember playing a lot of Spectrum Destroyer in early pool 3 (I think Destroyer was literally my first series 3 card haha).
Since you have Loki you can do the Series 2 Dino/collector deck with him, feels a bit tepid without other series 3 ways to fill your hand tho.
Caiera + Falcon + Beast could make a solid enough zoo bounce deck with Bishop/Angela as the payoffs. Forge/Hawkeye/Rocket can actually get pretty big with 2-3 plays.

Personally I love bounce so that'd be my first try.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Red posted:

I'm kind of meh on both, to be honest. I prefer Mystique's Ms. Marvel variant and the Blob base, myself.

Meanwhile, here's a deck I'm having a blast with. It's basically a 'no cards for you' deck, and I get a lot of nope-quits after 1 round in conquest.

I'm having a blast with this deck, but I guess I'll have to modify it when Kingpin changes to stay on brand.

Edit: Maybe replace Polaris/Kingpin/Magneto with Black Bolt/Stature/Alioth? I don't have Alioth - yet.

Red fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 5, 2024

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

For those curious, it's pretty much everywhere and has been posted here but:

eyJOYW1lIjoiQ2FpZXJhIEV2byIsIkNhcmRzIjpbeyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYWllcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhpZ2hFdm9sdXRpb25hcnkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ2lrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaXN0eUtuaWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5lYnVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hvY2tlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2thYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifV19

E: Of course once I play it not while pooping, and on my computer I get trounced by destroy with bad draws that I REALLY should have retreated from.

I run a similar deck but I swapped Quinjet and Shocker for Shang-Chi and Infinuat.

Shocker is helpful but I feel like I still need Shang-Chi for going up against inevitable Wave-Blob-Taskmaster combo. A Mobius could also help, or a Cosmo if you have priority and can guess the lane Blob or TM is going into, but I still always prefer Shang. Yeah, Armor, Cosmo, and Caeira block him, but not everyone manages to get those out.

Edit: Also Hulk naming his son Skaar is like me having a son and naming him Erth.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 5, 2024

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Devo posted:

You'll have to make a couple substitutions, but since you have Beast, Human Torch, and Caiera you should check out Jeff Hoogland's YouTube video from a day or two ago. It's a Human Torch bounce deck that allows you to make big stupid numbers and looks pretty fun to play. I was thinking about trying it out this weekend. I think Falcon comes before pool 3 anyway? Ignore this if you don't have him yet.

e: if you're specifically looking for Loki decks, you're missing some of the hand filling engine that makes him work. I'm specifically thinking of Snowguard and Agent Coulson.

can't find that vid at all

oh found it, different channel

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/JonElliot11/status/1743327206808453506

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Red posted:

I'm having a blast with this deck, but I guess I'll have to modify it when Kingpin changes to stay on brand.

Edit: Maybe replace Polaris/Kingpin/Magneto with Black Bolt/Stature/Alioth? I don't have Alioth - yet.
it might still work with new Kingpin, you could maybe clog one of their lanes with debuffed cards

Red
Apr 15, 2003

wyoak posted:

it might still work with new Kingpin, you could maybe clog one of their lanes with debuffed cards

I thought about that, but I'd rather just keep KO-ing cards.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
New kingpin will at least be asymmetrical so you can use him with Spiderman and stuff

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

New kingpin will at least be asymmetrical so you can use him with Spiderman and stuff

Yeah, and it's not restricted to turn 6, either.

Still, every game I've played with this deck today in Conquest has resulted in a tap-out after a single round, regardless of outcome.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Saying it again, the weekly Win 8 missions for the season pass card loving suck. I don’t like Skaar, I don’t like the kinds of decks he goes in. Don’t make me grind out 8 wins with the shitter.

Either make it 4 wins or play 8 games. 8 wins is way too many.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I mean you don't have to do it all at once. You've got 3 days.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I have modok in my shop, is he worth spending tokens on? He's in a spotlight with Proxima Midnight in February so i feel there's no real point if she becomes a must have for discard decks as it will be a waste of keys to roll on her if i have the other cards.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Skippy McPants posted:

Saying it again, the weekly Win 8 missions for the season pass card loving suck. I don’t like Skaar, I don’t like the kinds of decks he goes in. Don’t make me grind out 8 wins with the shitter.

Either make it 4 wins or play 8 games. 8 wins is way too many.
Best solution is probably take your winningest deck, find the least essential card, replace it with Skaar, and hope you don't gotta play him.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Or just go into Conquest in with a Skaar deck and play around. Maybe you’ll like it! I don’t think it’s outrageous to craft missions around new cards, especially when you have 3 days to complete them.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Of course I’m doing it in conquest, and missions around new cards are fine, 8 wins is just two loving many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CJ posted:

I have modok in my shop, is he worth spending tokens on? He's in a spotlight with Proxima Midnight in February so i feel there's no real point if she becomes a must have for discard decks as it will be a waste of keys to roll on her if i have the other cards.
MODOK is only in discard decks. If you run a lot of discard then go for it, otherwise I would hold off.