Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Why are they doing this stupid “put a small Chinese lady on the mavericks because DEI lolol” bit? Isn’t their whole (imaginary) point that DEI wrongly takes the place of merit-based achievement? Basketball players are signed based on their athletic skills, thus a small Chinese lady probably wouldn’t be as good, thus the team is already rewarding based on merit, which is what the chuds want. Even if they’re attempting to be ironic, it doesn’t make sense because they’re arguing against their own point.

Right wingers are just the dumbest motherfuckers :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The dumb joke is that if Mark Cuban is committed to DEI he would be putting a tiny woman on the court

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
They're doing it because Mark Cuban tweeted that DEI is a good thing and they're daring him to staff his former basketball team that way

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
We all know Tim Pool is scared to get a Cybertruck because the light reflected off it would hit his bald head and usher in the end of the universe.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"as we all know, basketball players are selected because of their height and race, not because of their skill at basketball"

Jesus Christ how loving stupid are conservatives these days, do they even read their own posts

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's a great comeback because everyone knows that the only people that are on the payroll of a sports franchise are the players. No coaches, trainers, analysts, executives, etc. Just a dozen players.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I mean hes such a deathly unserious person that all these problems dont matter and he can just insist hes owning the MSM and X is crushing it despite the 70% devaluation last year so oh well. The stock market also just assigns seeming random values to his other companies to make sure he stays the world's wealthiest person so theres no incentive to do better.

Get serious people and a serious financial system with accountability for billionaires to run a company if you want it to improve. :shrug:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Potato Salad posted:

"as we all know, basketball players are selected because of their height and race, not because of their skill at basketball"

Jesus Christ how loving stupid are conservatives these days, do they even read their own posts

with such great innovations as Grok they soon won't even have to write their own posts

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"clearly because there is a correlation between aptitude for basketball and height, it must also be a correlation between aptitude for high paying powerful jobs and beautiful white ubermensch brains, which is convenient because I am a white supremacist with the, ahem, CORRECT uhhhh metrics" :godwinning:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

It all just reeks to me of extremely bad faith participation in society and government if not just flat out trolling as general policy now with the whole "Own the Libs! Win the culture war and make em' cry!!!!"

Also they just completely ignore that Nikola Jokic is regarded as one of the best players in the world atm for his indisputable skill and performance? Even I know that and I barely follow basketball

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 5, 2024

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

This has obviously nothing to do with basketball in the first place. Why are any of you dedicating any mental power whatsoever to actually taking this at face value?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

post more linda less racist poo poo

.random
May 7, 2007

[ quote="freemandela" post="536964656"]

.random posted:

seconded, it is the most annoying thing about him. he can't even post his own quotes with commentary, he has to reply guy himself

True

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
I miss when Elon was posting dumb anime poo poo about his reluctant sword and the graveyard full of his enemies.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Aramis posted:

This has obviously nothing to do with basketball in the first place. Why are any of you dedicating any mental power whatsoever to actually taking this at face value?

Its about ethics in NBA drafting procedures:colbert: -apparently big NBA fanboy Elon

roffles posted:

I miss when Elon was posting dumb anime poo poo about his reluctant sword and the graveyard full of his enemies.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1448558569922703363?lang=en

At one point he was gonna guest appear in Genshin Impact before his public meltdown and conversion to far right MAGA politics and it was still considered to cringy by the fanbase for them to go through with it. Can't you imagine the PR fallout had they actually gone through with that because his meltdown started basically a few months after. Of course he responded to the tweet advertising the potential stuntcasting in really tedious and ironic fashion with the beloved emoji....

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 5, 2024

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I’ve never played Genshin but based on watching my wife’s little brother play it it seems like an aggressively anime beat-em-up where you fight huge raid bosses while shouting your attacks, and if we could have had a tiny anime waifu character chaining combos on Elon with a ridiculous Cloud Strife sized sword then I would be for it

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

and now the anti-semites will get an automated "no u, but in 1000 words" button

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm pretty shoked about this

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

thats already what grok does

it just doesn't do it for their side of the argument

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Its true, I didnt become millionarie for a couple of month and Elon personally wired me $100000 and an apology

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Elias_Maluco posted:

Its true, I didnt become millionarie for a couple of month and Elon personally wired me $100000 and an apology

Did he suck your genitals?

You should have haggled

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
You should be able to tell immediately that this is a scam because he makes payments in horses, not money

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Did he suck your genitals?

You should have haggled

He sent Ian Miles Chong for that

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

E the Shaggy posted:

"For a couple of month" has me believing its Elon even more though.

they're running the old nigerian email logic in their scam. make it so dumb that only the dumbest people would believe it, and that turns out to be a lot of people.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hazo posted:

I’ve never played Genshin but based on watching my wife’s little brother play it it seems like an aggressively anime beat-em-up where you fight huge raid bosses while shouting your attacks, and if we could have had a tiny anime waifu character chaining combos on Elon with a ridiculous Cloud Strife sized sword then I would be for it

Please don't do that, Elon would probably like it

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
The want an "own the libs with logic !!" button lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

do you think Musk's ego would let him be a mere raid boss? That mfer has to be the main character at all times.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Elias_Maluco posted:

He sent Ian Miles Chong for that

Gonna have a dick like ground beef after that fashy maw's done throating it.

Cheapest horse I ever got though, all things considered.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

blue check: hey Elon cna you do (proposes the dumbest poo poo anyone's ever heard of)

Elon: we're working on it

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

rowkey bilbao posted:

The want an "own the libs with logic !!" button lol

This is intriguing. Let's say you have a generative AI browser plugin that creates an either factually correct or seemingly factually correct rebuttal to any post you disagree with, what happens if we end up in a situation where its only generative AIs talking to each other on behalf of humans?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Less Is Definitely posted:

This is intriguing. Let's say you have a generative AI browser plugin that creates an either factually correct or seemingly factually correct rebuttal to any post you disagree with, what happens if we end up in a situation where its only generative AIs talking to each other on behalf of humans?

we already did this with Google Wave. It fuckin rules. Like watching a tamogotchi fight club

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SpaceX sues US agency that accused it of firing workers critical of Elon Musk

quote:

Jan 4 (Reuters) - SpaceX on Thursday sued a U.S. labor board that had accused the rocket and satellite maker of illegally firing employees who sent a letter to company executives calling CEO Elon Musk "a distraction and embarrassment."

SpaceX in the lawsuit filed in Brownsville, Texas federal court claims the structure of the National Labor Relations Board(NLRB), which issued a complaint against the company on Wednesday, violates the U.S. Constitution.

The NLRB alleges SpaceX violated federal labor law by firing eight workers in 2022 for signing onto the letter, which accused Musk of making sexist comments that went against company policies. That case will be heard by an administrative judge and then a five-member board appointed by the U.S. president. The board's decisions can be appealed in federal court.

But SpaceX in its lawsuit claims that because federal law only allows board members and administrative judges to be removed for cause, and not at will, the NLRB's structure is unconstitutional.

The lawsuit seeks to block the NLRB case from moving forward.

An NLRB spokeswoman declined to comment.

SpaceX recently utilized a similar tactic to block an administrative case by the U.S. Department of Justice claiming the company illegally refused to hire refugees and asylum recipients.

A federal judge in Brownsville, where Thursday's case was filed, in November paused the administrative case pending the outcome of a lawsuit by SpaceX. The judge said that the U.S. Constitution required administrative judges at the Justice Department to be appointed by the president, and not the attorney general as they currently are.

The NLRB is already facing a similar lawsuit from a Starbucks Corp employee who opposed the unionization of the New York store where she works. The worker sued the board in October after it denied her petition for an election to dissolve the union. The agency has not responded to that lawsuit.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
got fired for criticizing noted free speech abolutist, elon musk

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at trying to invent a new word , steelmaning.

thats so cringe

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://youtu.be/DTJ2esavw6Y?si=JtuNaoEhSjFLHXw3

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Getting steelmanned in the arse

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Tf is steelmanning

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
a hot new way to own the libs, now on x dot com the everything app

it's all happening on x!!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Alan Smithee posted:

Tf is steelmanning

The opposite of a strawman.

ie "You can't just call me a racist for wanting to increase birthrates in the US while also being rabidly anti-immigration. You have to come up with an actually good argument for my position for me, and then argue against that. I'm too dumb to do it myself."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Klyith posted:

The opposite of a strawman.

ie "You can't just call me a racist for wanting to increase birthrates in the US while also being rabidly anti-immigration. You have to come up with an actually good argument for my position for me, and then argue against that. I'm too dumb to do it myself."

Nah, it's more like: I have evaluated the best argument you can possibly have and have still come to the conclusion that you are wrong. No need to attempt to refute me in any way, I've already done all the work, see ya!