Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

saw a video claiming that all the top players and streamers use a $50 software that enables Aim Assist and controls gun recoil via script, evidenced by supposed membership in the software's discord. The video author didn't actually provide a screenshot of that discord. But they did put the software through its paces, and it seems to work just fine.

sounds like you watched a cheat advertisement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
playing against lobbies full of hackers like goku training at 100x gravity

when the banwave hits i'll be unstoppable

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moBgG4RVr-w

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Every game with AA for controllers on PC eventually gets huge amounts of rewasd users emulating mkb as pads. People aren't even trying to hide that poo poo in the finals. When the AA is so busted it's basically a 'cant beat em join em' situation for 99% of mkb players.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lmao what the gently caress is this opening

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it's literally just a cheat ad from a youtube account that hasn't posted videos in 3 years

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSw9sjqYK_I

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Herstory Begins Now posted:

it's literally just a cheat ad from a youtube account that hasn't posted videos in 3 years

A cheat ad? It's literally just a rewasd profile lmao

They need to implement input based matchmaking already.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 5, 2024

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Is rewasd the kinda thing that might catch you a ban in the future?

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
If they wanted to fix the problem they'd disable mixed input method queues - it's not hard.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I kinda doubt it. Maybe anti-recoil scripts, but the whole "mapping keyboard to gamepad inputs" I suspect is almost impossible to detect. I could be wrong though.

TwoDice posted:

If they wanted to fix the problem they'd disable mixed input method queues - it's not hard.

They won't though. Which sucks. I would love to play a loving shooter without worrying about soft aimhacks. Hunt showdown still exists I guess.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
When someone holds a corner/angle wide swings and movement techs were good ways to challenge them. Nowadays when someone passes through the cross hair it sticks to them.

Cheat discords are wild as hell. People really underestimate how much money grad students make selling cheat subscriptions

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Brendan Rodgers posted:

some games will attempt to ban you or block you from playing if they detect devices or software that can remap mouse to roller or script recoil. these obvious cheaty mcheatyface devices that you can pick up at wal-mart are in an arms race to avoid being detected.

who knows if the finals will consider it a bannable offense.

keep in mind that a mouse player using this type of aim assist will exhibit aim that is far stronger than the settings cheaters use to try to hide that they are cheating their aim.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Kwolok posted:

A cheat ad? It's literally just a rewasd profile lmao

They need to implement input based matchmaking already.

if people are using it to cheat and it's for sale then yeah it's a cheat ad, especially with that ridiculous 'this is what literally all the pros are using!!!'

comedyblissoption posted:

some games will attempt to ban you or block you from playing if they detect devices or software that can remap mouse to roller or script recoil. these obvious cheaty mcheatyface devices that you can pick up at wal-mart are in an arms race to avoid being detected.

who knows if the finals will consider it a bannable offense.

keep in mind that a mouse player using this type of aim assist will exhibit aim that is far stronger than the settings cheaters use to try to hide that they are cheating their aim.

i assume they will, but also the current state of controller aa is so ridiculous and imo ultimately untenable that who knows where the breaking point will be. with that said, anyone running input spoofers and recoil canceling profiles or scripts should 100% expect to be banned for it

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 5, 2024

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i extremely doubt the video author is getting any monetary compensation for talking about rewasd and i don't see evidence of them trying to sell recoil scripts or w/e

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
who knows, people trying to call attention to get it fixed aren't usually showing people how to do stuff, nor framing it in terms of '100% of pros and streamers are doing this,' the people who do consistently do both of those things though are people advertising cheats

vOv

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
He didn't say 100% of pro players do this and its cool. He said a huge number of pro players are doing this and its a problem at the higher levels because its so plagued with it.

I guess you're right that some people might hear that and go "Well I want to be perform at the top level, so that seems like a good idea" but I read it more as "This is a huge epidemic issue at the top ranks because its so easy to do."

Maybe you're right and its all a funnel to sell cheats, regardless the main takeaway here is this poo poo is way more prevalent than you may think and the barrier for entry is incredibly low.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

games should definitely just auto-kick you if they detect stuff like rewasd there's not really any legitimate purpose for that software in a multiplayer game with aim assist

afaik rewasd isn't trying to hide or disguise itself like most cheat software

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Kwolok posted:

He didn't say 100% of pro players do this and its cool. He said a huge number of pro players are doing this and its a problem at the higher levels because its so plagued with it.

I guess you're right that some people might hear that and go "Well I want to be perform at the top level, so that seems like a good idea" but I read it more as "This is a huge epidemic issue at the top ranks because its so easy to do."

Maybe you're right and its all a funnel to sell cheats, regardless the main takeaway here is this poo poo is way more prevalent than you may think and the barrier for entry is incredibly low.

he specifically says 'all' a bunch of times lol

' In this video, I explain how all the top ranked leaderboard players are actually cheating / hacking in The Finals! I download their software to show you and go in-depth on how these pros are secretly all cheating through adding controller aim assist and no recoil scripts on to their Keyboard and Mouse! Don't believe me after watching this video?'

games should definitely just auto-kick you if they detect stuff like rewasd there's not really any legitimate purpose for that software in a multiplayer game with aim assist

afaik rewasd isn't trying to hide or disguise itself like most cheat software

Why would they as long as it isn't banned, they still get a bunch of the extremely lucrative market for cheater money while not even having to dodge detection. And yeah agreed 100% that it needs to be dealt with like that, though the AA situation is such a pandora's box and as long as consoles are 80%+ of the fps market, idk how it ever gets addressed.

Ancedotally I haven't noticed people abusing AA much in finals nearly at all compared to how present it was in apex, but that might well just be a matter of time. Currently there's no major financial incentive in finals yet to force a meta shift to controllers among everyone who wants to be competitive at the top level.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 5, 2024

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Herstory Begins Now posted:

he specifically says 'all' a bunch of times lol

' In this video, I explain how all the top ranked leaderboard players are actually cheating / hacking in The Finals! I download their software to show you and go in-depth on how these pros are secretly all cheating through adding controller aim assist and no recoil scripts on to their Keyboard and Mouse! Don't believe me after watching this video?'

Why would they as long as it isn't banned, they still get a bunch of the extremely lucrative market for cheater money while not even having to dodge detection. And yeah agreed 100% that it needs to be dealt with like that, though the AA situation is such a pandora's box and as long as consoles are 80%+ of the fps market, idk how it ever gets addressed.

Ancedotally I haven't noticed people abusing AA much in finals nearly at all compared to how present it was in apex, but that might well just be a matter of time. Currently there's no major financial incentive in finals yet to force a meta shift to controllers among everyone who wants to be competitive at the top level.

Its almost every other match for me at this point. Every other game there is at least one person who is beaming way better than they have any right to be. Are there some people who are just cracked? Sure. But not "I miss no shots and I can instant delete you from ranges that shouldn't be possible" as often as it is.

Its interesting that I don't have this problem at all in Hunt Showdown, a game with absolutely no auto aim (on PC). It also has weapons that aren't really full auto so there can't be anti-recoil scripts. While at the same time being a brutal and extremely hardcore shooter that attracts some very competent fps players.

It sure is interesting that it only happens in games like this...

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

somethings off here

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Seems like a known issue

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Kwolok posted:

Its almost every other match for me at this point. Every other game there is at least one person who is beaming way better than they have any right to be. Are there some people who are just cracked? Sure. But not "I miss no shots and I can instant delete you from ranges that shouldn't be possible" as often as it is.

Its interesting that I don't have this problem at all in Hunt Showdown, a game with absolutely no auto aim (on PC). It also has weapons that aren't really full auto so there can't be anti-recoil scripts. While at the same time being a brutal and extremely hardcore shooter that attracts some very competent fps players.

It sure is interesting that it only happens in games like this...

Ironically Hunt Showdown just went through this where the pc community successfully fought back against them adding AA to PC. It's basically the only example of a community being successful in pushing back against AA, but it's also largely because it was an existing game for years and this was going to be patched in (probably with a big push for crossplay). Everything else just comes on day 1 now so it's harder to build a backlash.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

for what it's worth, i played a bunch of quick play games recently and I feel like I've run across zero players who I thought "yeah that guys on roller", so this game is still pretty enjoyable. maybe it's different in ranked.

i have a lot of experience in getting deleted at close range from players in cod. literally feels like you're getting aimbotted unless you dropshot.

my preference is for developers to figure out a way to make AA only slightly better at aiming tasks at different ranges across different skill curves to compensate for mnk advantages. i believe it's technically possible. unfortunately over decades I think a lot of roller players have been conditioned that a game's "aim" is bad unless it looks like an obvious rage aimbot, so this might be an unsolvable problem.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

saw jackfrags make a vid about rewasd to raise awareness. it's shocking to me it's still not autokicked in games b/c this has been a thing for years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJXX40jGA6k

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

for what it's worth, i played a bunch of quick play games recently and I feel like I've run across zero players who I thought "yeah that guys on roller", so this game is still pretty enjoyable. maybe it's different in ranked.

i have a lot of experience in getting deleted at close range from players in cod. literally feels like you're getting aimbotted unless you dropshot.

my preference is for developers to figure out a way to make AA only slightly better at aiming tasks at different ranges across different skill curves to compensate for mnk advantages. i believe it's technically possible. unfortunately over decades I think a lot of roller players have been conditioned that a game's "aim" is bad unless it looks like an obvious rage aimbot, so this might be an unsolvable problem.

I don't think it's an unsolvable problem as much as the team will never implement the fix. (remove AA on PC and cross play between consoles and PC)

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I don't think it's an unsolvable problem as much as the team will never implement the fix. (remove AA on PC and cross play between consoles and PC)

:pray:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

saw jackfrags make a vid about rewasd to raise awareness. it's shocking to me it's still not autokicked in games b/c this has been a thing for years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJXX40jGA6k

Kinda poo poo of him to be calling it a cheat in the title when it's clearly got practical, logical uses (especially for accessibility users) and in fact, the issue is Aim Assist strength, not Rewasd itself.
In fact, which is it? Is it 'My Assist Doesn't Do That' or 'Rewasd is a cheat' because there's some real diametrically opposed concepts there.

E: On reflection, I'm delighted this video exists. I want Rewasd to become a fuckin' epidemic, so maybe, just maybe, we'll see something DONE about AA, how strong it is, the impact it has in crossplay and so forth.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 7, 2024

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

in a situation aim assist was perfectly balanced, taking that AA and adding it to a mouse input would still be grossly overpowered

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

in a situation aim assist was perfectly balanced, taking that AA and adding it to a mouse input would still be grossly overpowered
Excuse me sir (or madam) but I think you'll find Aim Assist doesn't DO anything at all, it's just skills, and in fact, it's just M&KB players realising they're not very good. That's the story so many controller players are certain of, every round, so I'm just agreeing with our Xbox overlords.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

afaik the only crossplay game brave enough to add aim assist that does not look like an aimbot when tracking was battlefield 2042, and that did pretty terribly. [the game was also obviously an incomplete mess]

i wonder how game devs and businesses in general actually look at this issue internally.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

afaik the only crossplay game brave enough to add aim assist that does not look like an aimbot when tracking was battlefield 2042, and that did pretty terribly. [the game was also obviously an incomplete mess]

i wonder how game devs and businesses in general actually look at this issue internally.

That final point is the crux of it. The developer contigent, I have no doubt, are typically people wanting to make a game, and that includes a concept of fairness because, well, that's the fundmental concept of what generally makes a good game. I have no doubt they'll look at the data, and will have opinions. The issue is they're part of venture captital funded busineses, and the Engagements Engine Must Be Fed. They watch the YouTube videos, the Twitch clips, the shocked-face-over-neon-font-new-meta-breaker drops, and in the background, the money machine goes brrr as the Blueprints, Skins & DLCs churn, and those businesses and their investors are not interested in making games. They're interested in making gains.

(Also BF2042 was just junk. The Aim Assist never got tested, because the game itself was hot garbage.)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

battlefield one had very aggressive ads snap-on and rotational aim assist, perhaps even stronger than what the finals has. the EA studio was well aware of different ways to implement it. honestly it's weird that their first crossplay implementation was such an outlier in the industry on such a fast ttk game.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Shockeh posted:

Kinda poo poo of him to be calling it a cheat in the title when it's clearly got practical, logical uses (especially for accessibility users) and in fact, the issue is Aim Assist strength, not Rewasd itself.
In fact, which is it? Is it 'My Assist Doesn't Do That' or 'Rewasd is a cheat' because there's some real diametrically opposed concepts there.

E: On reflection, I'm delighted this video exists. I want Rewasd to become a fuckin' epidemic, so maybe, just maybe, we'll see something DONE about AA, how strong it is, the impact it has in crossplay and so forth.

Yeah, this video might be a way to get devs to actually do something about AA imbalance or give us input based matchmaking finally. You know console users are going to be absolutely screaming about this and accusing every PC player of using it, and they actually listen to console players.

They ended up buffing AA in 2042 not that long ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjeMlhkN74 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEljLxEJ2q0
It's still not as bad as other games like COD or Apex but it's pretty strong now, they also get lowered recoil.

amitlu fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 7, 2024

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

My impression is that gyro aim is the way to make controllers competitive with MnK. It does seem like a decent amount of effort to learn and it’s not crazy supported yet, but it really looks like gyro gets you very close to on par with MnK.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

tildes posted:

My impression is that gyro aim is the way to make controllers competitive with MnK. It does seem like a decent amount of effort to learn and it’s not crazy supported yet, but it really looks like gyro gets you very close to on par with MnK.

Yup this is the answer. Players with gyro aim can get really God drat good. Everything is yet again based on raw skill without the game doing the thing for you.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I'm still of the camp that all the autoaim in the world isn't helping these dinguses play the point so if you can get even minimal buy-in from your pubby teammates you can usually swing in and steal a box at the last minute and win the game.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

AA can't stop me from taking out the entire building supports and dropping the box into a jumbled mess

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

tildes posted:

i think for sony and pc platforms, it is implemented in a lot of popular games. however, no one will use it because non-assisted gyro is obviously inferior to sticks with extremely juiced AA.

absurdly, it is nintendo at the forefront of pushing better raw fps controller aim and telling their playerbase to git gud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Have the devs actually responded to the AA and emulator issues? Or is this going to be typical :dice: where it takes them 6 months to fix the game?