Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Not for the Ravens. The last Baltimore based AFC Championship game was Raiders @ Colts in 71.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I bet there are plenty of cities that have never hosted a conference championship.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
New England and KC have hoarded them in recent years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody find me some bullshit scenario where Detroit can host the NFCCG this year.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MJeff posted:

Somebody find me some bullshit scenario where Detroit can host the NFCCG this year.

A real fun bizarre scenario has the AFC Championship being a rematch of the 1964 NFL Championship

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MJeff posted:

Lions beat the Cowboys/Eagles in the divisional, 49ers lose in divisional.

Of course that also requires winning in the wild card first, but do that and the Lions are already in unfamiliar territory. It just takes one year to break all the "unbreakable" stats, just look at the Bengals.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mega64 posted:

Lions beat the Cowboys/Eagles in the divisional, 49ers lose in divisional.

Of course that also requires winning in the wild card first, but do that and the Lions are already in unfamiliar territory. It just takes one year to break all the "unbreakable" stats, just look at the Bengals.

Yeah I realized it basically just happened with the Rams a couple years ago, with them going on the road to beat Tampa Bay, while the 49ers upset Green Bay. Leading to the Rams getting a home game NFCCG that was basically a road game, followed by a neutral ground home game super bowl. :v:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Pat really trying to pull a coup at ESPN like his bro did at Green Bay. Pathetic and whiny.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/pat-mcafee-accuses-norby-williamson-sabotage.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=bluesky

quote:

"I believe Norby Williamson is the guy attempting to sabotage our program."

Pat McAfee takes down Norby Williamson Credit: The Pat McAfee Show
ESPNBy Brendon Kleen on 01/05/2024

Simmering tensions between Pat McAfee and ESPN hit a boil this week on the heels of a wild interview with New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

On Friday, McAfee cut straight to the chase by accusing a longtime and high-ranking ESPN executive of “sabotage.”

Speaking at the opening of the streaming-exclusive final hour of The Pat McAfee Show, the host explained why he believes ESPN Head of Event and Studio Production Norby Williamson is trying to take down the show.

“There are folks actively trying to sabotage us from within ESPN,” McAfee said. “More specifically, I believe Norby Williamson is the guy attempting to sabotage our program.”

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What exactly does that even mean

Nov 6, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

they made him wear sleaves

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

they made him wear sleaves

True cancel culture right here

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think he's saying that somebody within the network is leaking incorrect and disparaging numbers about his show's ratings and the only person who would have the access and means to do so is Norby Williamson, an ESVP.

Williamson has had his job overseeing all studio shows and live sports on ESPN for over 18 years, so, uh. Probably not a guy you wanna pick a fight with on the air?

Also, uh.

Pat.

Hey Pat?

Why would you need ESVP access to be able to leak incorrect information?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's fun thinking about how Pat went from the funny punter getting drug tested to a guy I really don't ever want to hear talk again.

I suppose this could also be true for Chris Cluwe in a different fashion. Maybe it's a punter thing, I mean they don't have to actually practice with their team for the most part, gives them a chance to go off into all of the wrong places.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MJeff posted:

I think he's saying that somebody within the network is leaking incorrect and disparaging numbers about his show's ratings and the only person who would have the access and means to do so is Norby Williamson, an ESVP.

Williamson has had his job overseeing all studio shows and live sports on ESPN for over 18 years, so, uh. Probably not a guy you wanna pick a fight with on the air?

Also, uh.

Pat.

Hey Pat?

Why would you need ESVP access to be able to leak incorrect information?

Okay this makes sense and is really stupid so I will go with it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
come ON

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1743389381803810929

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Woof, that poor guy. Just physically not capable of playing football

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Yeah it was incredible that he even attempted to come back this season, the dude has insane mental fortitude. This is just sad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He's played in 36 games since he was drafted in 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Woof, that poor guy. Just physically not capable of playing football

It's very relatable, actually. I, too, would be a great player in the secondary if it weren't for this drat useless body.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I would be an incredibly mediocre TE or Safety (thinking of leaning towards SS)

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Borsche69 posted:

I would be an incredibly mediocre TE or Safety (thinking of leaning towards SS)

I don't want to be immodest, but I'm certain I'd be a fantastic fullback for some team that doesn't use fullbacks in their offense. Would refuse to play special teams.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Hall of Fame Longsnapper here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would want to be a kicker so that I don’t usually get injured

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would want to be a kicker so that I don’t usually get injured

You would be the kicker that is perennially injured on non-contact plays.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I would retire with 150 receiving yards and 1 touchdown (the ball is framed above my fireplace). I would give up the block that results in a sack that ends my team's season.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I would catch the game winning 2 point conversion because I'd diligently studied the eligibility and reporting rules

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would be a great guy who gets gatorade and ipads and gives pats on the shoulders and says "yeah, go get 'em dude!"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I can’t be the only one that thinks if the goons wanted to they could put together a football team and dominate the NFL

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

It's fun thinking about how Pat went from the funny punter getting drug tested to a guy I really don't ever want to hear talk again.

I suppose this could also be true for Chris Cluwe in a different fashion. Maybe it's a punter thing, I mean they don't have to actually practice with their team for the most part, gives them a chance to go off into all of the wrong places.

Chris kluwe writes web serials now, and they're actually kind of good.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

I can’t be the only one that thinks if the goons wanted to they could put together a football team and dominate the NFL

Get Caro to buy a stake in a team.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I would try to pass block then immediately have a career ending knee injury. Not even vs someone good, like a Seattle inside DL.

Nov 6, 2002

i'll be the kickoff tee

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't do anything in football. i can catch the ball and the weight of it pulls my hands down a little bit until i adjust to having its weight in my hands. i would throw up. love you

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

i can't do anything in football. i can catch the ball and the weight of it pulls my hands down a little bit until i adjust to having its weight in my hands. i would throw up. love you

The Chiefs will sign you tomorrow

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
poo poo, I know for certain I could make better in game decisions than any coach that has ever patrolled the sidelines.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Waltzing Along posted:

poo poo, I know for certain I could make better in game decisions than any coach that has ever patrolled the sidelines.

How hard can it be to call for a run every play? Just tell the RB to follow the FB through the gap, easy.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It would be fun for a tanking team to just roll with gimmicks and clown ball for a game or two. Healthy scratch the kicker for the "gently caress it, we're going for it" game. Plenty of teams are bad, be bad with style

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It would be fun for a tanking team to just roll with gimmicks and clown ball for a game or two. Healthy scratch the kicker for the "gently caress it, we're going for it" game. Plenty of teams are bad, be bad with style

I'd rather not go through a game without a kicker and punter again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

I know nothing about you but I know deep down you could do a better job than Matt Patricia