Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

VostokProgram posted:

I think he's saying that the dude was spamming the same joke, people reported that, and instead of just like giving him a 6er he came up with some insane mod challenge.

The mod challenge itself wasn't a problem, he could have issued it and then dealt out a few joke probes when it kicked in and everyone laughs or groans or whatever. The problem was he eleveated what should have been a lighthearted joke to a crusade to give a specific poster a month long probe. Once he engaged his mod powers he started treating the whole thing as a serious problem which... it was IA saying baba booey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the "im not a pedophile!!!" post is still a god tier meltdown. thank you Delphisage.
He was here to humble himself before the forums court and beg leniency.
Nobody else was aware this was forums court.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That wasn't his term for women, it was his term for customizable avatar characters in Fire Emblem games.

you wont believe this but he talked about every single woman in both media and real life exactly the same way. i was one of the people he posted at repeatedly! gently caress you!!!!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Oh, that's really gross

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Managing to reach a level of misogyny that is so high that people think "No, he can't mean that, it's too crazy, he must be a pedophile. That's less insane "

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Delphisage is severely hosed in the head, and I think he might be banned from more online communities than any other person currently alive. Reddit, Twitter, neogaf, spacebattles, tvtropes, discord (at least twice), SA, and many more I'm sure.

It's almost impressive if it weren't so hosed up

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think he belongs in a hospital and under constant observation by a team of trained medical psychology professionals

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
when i see delphisage my mind goes to the fire emblem reverse order recruitment hack but i think that might have been matthewtheman. It hurts a little inside to know these this resides in my brain

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

you wont believe this but he talked about every single woman in both media and real life exactly the same way. i was one of the people he posted at repeatedly! gently caress you!!!!

:stare:

yeah sorry I'll shut up

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fajita Queen posted:

Delphisage is severely hosed in the head, and I think he might be banned from more online communities than any other person currently alive. Reddit, Twitter, neogaf, spacebattles, tvtropes, discord (at least twice), SA, and many more I'm sure.

It's almost impressive if it weren't so hosed up

He's one of those people using the exact same username in every online space and getting banned from all of them.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the worst part is that he didn't stop posting in the thread after the "I'm not a pedophile" meltdown, which I can only take as a tacit admission

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

so I figured a confirmed bachelor was an absolute shut in nerd who'd rather study doric columns than touch a titty.

wait now I'm confused again, is that not a confirmed bachelor?

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

the worst part is that he didn't stop posting in the thread after the "I'm not a pedophile" meltdown, which I can only take as a tacit admission

confirmed bachelor is a slang term for homosexual

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
okay then I don't know what studying doric columns entails

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Speaking of mod meltdowns, what was it that set off redshirt's meltdown? He was made GBS mod, then he had some kind of stupid fight and got probated, so then he started probating people in retaliation to continue the fight in the leper's colony?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You answered your own question

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nuns with Guns posted:

Speaking of mod meltdowns, what was it that set off redshirt's meltdown? He was made GBS mod, then he had some kind of stupid fight and got probated, so then he started probating people in retaliation to continue the fight in the leper's colony?

i forgot what triggered it but it was them overreacting to some stupid poo poo, and then I tried to defend them a slight bit in QCS but when it was clear they were loving stupid because literally every other mod said "dude chill out and stop probating people, you're being a big baby" I said "nah gently caress this guy, demod him"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

and now they're a gbs superstar again. the system works

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

pentyne posted:

He's one of those people using the exact same username in every online space and getting banned from all of them.

This never stops being funny, to me. Use the same username all over the internet, then double down when you get called out for posting horrific/insane/creepy poo poo on other websites. There's no way that could ever backfire!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

baba booey

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

MarcusSA posted:

baba booey

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It used to do double duty in a few variations of "dude not interested in women" from like the 1800s until the 1970s and then it just basically pivoted to just being a euphemism for homosexual, if you're reading or watching something old it might be the old thing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
drat I don't know who this lady Dorothy is but she sure has a lot of friends

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

surc posted:

It used to do double duty in a few variations of "dude not interested in women" from like the 1800s until the 1970s and then it just basically pivoted to just being a euphemism for homosexual, if you're reading or watching something old it might be the old thing.

Can't think of a reason why a gay man might want to plausibly deny their sexuality prior to the sexual revolution.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm pretty sure they just wanted to make a phallic joke about studying columns.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

pentyne posted:

drat I don't know who this lady Dorothy is but she sure has a lot of friends

lol the fbi thought there was a soviet spy ring run by codename dorothy for a while because of this term

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

is there really a tv tuners discord that sounds like fun

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This one always stood out to me. Why did such an innocuous post lead this guy to search his post history to find that from like 15 years ago or w/e lol.

The fact that the quote box in the screenshot has the old "came out of the closet to say" bit makes me think the screenshot was actually taken shortly after the post was made and he'd been sitting on it for 15+ years, which is way funnier

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The fact that the quote box in the screenshot has the old "came out of the closet to say" bit makes me think the screenshot was actually taken shortly after the post was made and he'd been sitting on it for 15+ years, which is way funnier

really old posts still say that if you look at them today

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I like my version better :colbert:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

and now they're a gbs superstar again. the system works

ahhh gently caress, I totally forgot it was that guy

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Waste of Breath posted:

Can't think of a reason why a gay man might want to plausibly deny their sexuality prior to the sexual revolution.

what lol I was just saying if they're watching an old enough british crime drama their original thought about how it was being used might not be wrong, guess I missed the dick joke.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
i sure hope this IK is using a script or something because otherwise timing your life in 6 hour durations so you can rush to the computer to probe someone is no way to live

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Normal Trump thread things

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

finally, a mod representative of the average cspam poster

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that guy used to make gifs of WWE shows and would get super horny about the female wrestlers

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Alaois posted:

that guy used to make gifs of WWE shows and would get super horny about the female wrestlers

Everytime lol.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

pentyne posted:

i sure hope this IK is using a script or something because otherwise timing your life in 6 hour durations so you can rush to the computer to probe someone is no way to live

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Aaaaaaaaahhhh forgot to re-sixer. I was working on a chain-probe greasemonkey script and doing it manually slipped my mind, lol.

e: this sounded a little more sinister than I intended. This is just going to put a timer in a little box on the page so I know when someone who I probated is going to be set free. It’ll also alert me to posts that match various criteria (slurs, maybe sig length, etc) while I browse the Truml thread so I don’t have to read every word you people write.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

The gently caress you say? A Trump thread poster is deeply weird and creepy?