Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Question: is it edible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ESDK posted:

When I first saw this I thought for sure it was some kind of fake image:

Successful removal of a 32 kg tumor at the University Women's Hospital Magdeburg

That's clearly a nose

I wonder how it smells

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

maybeadracula posted:

That's clearly a nose

I wonder how it smells

Awful!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Can you pop it like a gusher, or is it meat inside?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

maybeadracula posted:

That's clearly a nose

I wonder how it smells

Yeah, it's like a spare nose for Jimmy Durante

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cartoon Man posted:

Can you pop it like a gusher, or is it meat inside?

Yes

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
meat, hair, sometimes even teeth!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

OMFG FURRY posted:

Yeah I guess it would depend on what kind of cells flipped out and started multiplying. If you could isolate 'meat' cells and cause them to metastasize, would that be a way to create dystopian sci-fi artificial meat factories?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Honestly the fact that giant sac that holds it is intact is pretty amazing

....I want to see them slice it open and see what comes sloshing out

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Hey goon turn on your monitor

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Natural piñata

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

ESDK posted:

When I first saw this I thought for sure it was some kind of fake image:

Successful removal of a 32 kg tumor at the University Women's Hospital Magdeburg

That reminds me: Lisa is a good game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/NI9BGPiD_fg?si=1lL7_oDNP6xlm7Kc

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Azza Bamboo posted:

Question: is it edible?

The Cursed Images Thread: is it edible?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Mighty Moltres posted:

The Cursed Images Thread: is it edible?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

"High Effort, productive sessions"
--We hosed.

"Manifesting big goals for our future"
--We hope she got pregnant.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sorry, honey, but we're gonna have to put you on a PIP. But don't worry, that gives you a whole six months to turn things around (pending your quarterly assessment)!

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

This is the LinkedInest thing I've ever seen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You need at least three people for poker planning, babe. Plus we need a moderator for our brainstorming sesh, come on!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I mean, there is no way the medical team aren't cutting it open to see what's going on - they'd have to be curious. I only hope someone posts the photos.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

I quit

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

and people say romance is dead

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

“Sorry honey, I’m going to have to put ‘do the dishes’ on the backlog because ‘playing COD with my bros’ is spilling over into the next sprint.”

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

--We hosed a bunch of times.

--Daddy left the big cummies in mummy.

FTFY

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

--We hosed.

--We hope she got pregnant.

not to be a contrarian but that post leads me to believe that these people have never and will never hosed

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

OMFG FURRY posted:

In this case since it’s being identified as a cystadenoma it’s probably a whole bunch of epithelial cells and mucus! A teratoma is the kind of tumor that would have hair and teeth and whatnot.

Source: I had a proliferative mucinous cystadenoma that required the removal of my ovary, likely very similar in structure to this one but not nearly as big. They siphoned out several liters of fluid and I left surgery 15 pounds lighter. I cannot loving imagine having one that got that big :gonk:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Ulthar posted:

In this case since it’s being identified as a cystadenoma it’s probably a whole bunch of epithelial cells and mucus! A teratoma is the kind of tumor that would have hair and teeth and whatnot.

Source: I had a proliferative mucinous cystadenoma that required the removal of my ovary, likely very similar in structure to this one but not nearly as big. They siphoned out several liters of fluid and I left surgery 15 pounds lighter. I cannot loving imagine having one that got that big :gonk:

Something I've wondered, and I hope it's not too personal - if it is please please tell me and I'll edit my post and go away - when you lose that much weight essentially during a long nap, is it noticable when you're walking around for the first time afterwards?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Something I've wondered, and I hope it's not too personal - if it is please please tell me and I'll edit my post and go away - when you lose that much weight essentially during a long nap, is it noticable when you're walking around for the first time afterwards?

I have had much much smaller things removed and once I got over the surgery stuff it was nice to have gone but also felt like something was missing? That weird mass becomes a part of your mental body image.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Think about how much of a spring in your step you get after a good poop.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm usually left too exhausted to be spring-stepping, thank you very much

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inceltown posted:

Your poison colon is making the treatment plant too loving crowded

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Inceltown posted:

Except you need the spring in your step to get the poo out.

Its a catch-20 poo

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

No worries at all! There was definitely a very noticeable difference post surgery for me but it wasn’t so much the weight as it was the removal of all the pressure the cyst was putting on my gut and on my spine. My back pain resolved immediately upon waking up from anesthesia and even all drugged up I remember being like “wow what a relief!” The other big relief for me was the fact that the liquid in the cyst like… sloshed around, and getting rid of that sensation was loving amazing.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Drone_Fragger posted:

Relax, the feet and hand guys are fighting the good fight keeping out the AIs like the sniffer dogs in terminator 1

Human patriots imo. Strange era.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

DandyLion posted:

Its a catch-20 poo

:golfclap:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

blatman posted:

not to be a contrarian but that post leads me to believe that these people have never and will never hosed

I'm sure they have some form of sex, my take is that they believe themselves to be the "funny couple" amongst their friends, and that their friends are just as loathsome as they are.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

TotalLossBrain posted:

The cancer is mandatory, sorry

The Cursed Images Thread: The Cancer is Mandatory, Sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

We would also have accepted a Catch-No.2.