Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

yeah i was actually excited to watch that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

That's a bummer!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

It’s an injustice if it’s not getting subbed

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I NEED new mahjong anime!!!

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
PV was giving mid tourism anime vibes so I've already moved on.

🚶

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

just watch it with french subs

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Parallax posted:

just watch it with french subs

non

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

theres english subs out there now from the SEA release. thank you singapore

show seems fine but not amazing. akagi gags are too low-hanging-fruit, some other stuff was funny

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Tales of Woe posted:

theres english subs out there now from the SEA release. thank you singapore

show seems fine but not amazing. akagi gags are too low-hanging-fruit, some other stuff was funny

i too discovered these

yeah it seems okay but idk if i'm going to stick it out. soundtrack was off-puttingly bad also

other stuff i watched today

sasaki and peeps: bizarrely involved reverse isekai that has a middle-aged salaryman adopt a bird that's an isekaied sage from another world, then basically speedruns all the isekai poo poo so he can join the branch of the japanese government that handles psychics.

undead adventurer whatever: it's standard fuckin middling fantasy guildhall quest levels stuff but the guy's a skeleton now or whatever.

the demon prince of momochi house: a girl inherits a house haunted by yokai. the yokai all seem like shoujo romance archetypes to me.

these all seem fine but idk if i'll stick with any of them.

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 5, 2024

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Undead Adventurer was actually really loving solid. I really do like that they nailed that Rentt was a nice guy and actually quite well liked in the Adventurer community. Not sure I'm getting the tepid reception on here. No it's not Frieren of Dungeon Meshi, but not everything needs to be(or frankly should be). There's room for more standard well done DnD Souls like shows of this nature.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

doomrider7 posted:

Undead Adventurer was actually really loving solid. I really do like that they nailed that Rentt was a nice guy and actually quite well liked in the Adventurer community. Not sure I'm getting the tepid reception on here. No it's not Frieren of Dungeon Meshi, but not everything needs to be(or frankly should be). There's room for more standard well done DnD Souls like shows of this nature.

The dragon looking as if it jumped out of made in abyss was quite surprising. I also liked it, it's utilitarian in writing and direction.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

‘Is it okay to eat in a dungeon’ ep1 was okay. The food part not that huge yet, but the party dynamics are good.
Love whenever the elf girl freaks out.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://x.com/cursedexa/status/1743409399886991379?s=20

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I liked Undead Adventurer! It's nothing revolutionary, but the manga is solid and the anime executed well on it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

e;fb

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 6, 2024

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

this is wild

Haystack posted:

I liked Undead Adventurer! It's nothing revolutionary, but the manga is solid and the anime executed well on it.

yeah like it seems watchable but there wasn't really much there to hook me

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sasaki and Peeps might be my gem pick of the season of a show I never knew existed
Since i relate to the Mc a lot and would love to be in his position

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Undead Adventurer, like many light novel adaptations, could cut out most of the internal narration far a snappier, more engaging experience. You've got a visual medium now, you don't have to tell us every little detail.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Darth Walrus posted:

Undead Adventurer, like many light novel adaptations, could cut out most of the internal narration far a snappier, more engaging experience. You've got a visual medium now, you don't have to tell us every little detail.

I will agree there that the internal monologues are definitely much and that the manga definitely improves that aspect. It does cut out a few scenes and change parts that I did think were integral or at very least important to be left in.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm usually the opposite, I wish more LN adaptations included internal monologue since you lose a lot of context

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Surprisingly pleasant premiere for Wrong Way to Heal. Mostly checking this out on concept, but having a protagonist trio rather than singular MC adds a lot to the setup. Everyone gets a decent character beat prior to the summoning, but their reactions to that are the real highlight. With three characters, you get as many reactions: Suzune's thrilled acceptance, Usato humbly going with the flow, and Kazuki's anger at being ripped from his old life (plus a protective instinct to extend that over his two schoolmates). Usato and Suzune being roughly on the same page of genre-savviness while Kazuki is left out is another fun wrinkle to their dynamic.

The magic appraisal was also a good bit. Kazuki's rare magic gets congratulated in a way that balances Usato's similarly-rare healing, even before they twist that with everyone's reaction to healing being fear that they and Usato will have to deal with more of their head medic's eccentricity. Of course I can tell it's Usato's show and the trio won't always stay intact, so I'm keeping some healthy skepticism, but with a solid start I'd like to think the show can keep it up in some way.

haypliss fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 6, 2024

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
This is The Usato Show, yes, but the 'real heroes' never stop being nice people and good friends who can kick major rear end. The main thing that happens in the manga is that (manga spoilers, obviously) Usato gets sent off on a lengthy solo adventure with a different cast of companions because sometimes if a kingdom's got three heroes, it needs to divide its forces. That said, Suzune is probably the main heroine and love interest of the story (out of a reasonably long list of candidates, admittedly), even if Usato never quite stops being mildly terrified of her.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
https://twitter.com/bang_dream_info/status/1743595804932407353
Ave Mujica anime coming January 2025. People are swearing this is a delay but from everything I dug up there was never a date until now. I feel like a lot of the MyGO hype (especially for English fans of the anime who won't touch the game) will be dead by this point but maybe it'll just draw those people back when it starts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So next week we get Metallic Rouge and Obari cooking with mecha. Be interesting to see what comes of either show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KariOhki posted:

https://twitter.com/bang_dream_info/status/1743595804932407353
Ave Mujica anime coming January 2025. People are swearing this is a delay but from everything I dug up there was never a date until now. I feel like a lot of the MyGO hype (especially for English fans of the anime who won't touch the game) will be dead by this point but maybe it'll just draw those people back when it starts.
eh, mygo's fanbase seems relatively 'sticky.' i cant see it just not existing in a year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also its not that long. a year and a half between seasons of an anime is relatively normal.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

mygone. Bwahaha.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

mygo director/writer are doing a PA Works original anime this year so thats probably why

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Sasaki to Pi-chan was so weird. I don't know if I like it yet or not. Between the isekai bit, the psychic bit, and what appears to be a mysterious schoolgirl (who may be jealous and likes you), it's a lot to take in. I haven't read what it's based on. Does it get even more convoluted? In a fun way? Does it get uncomfortably weird with the girl?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Pan Dulce posted:

Does it get even more convoluted? In a fun way? Does it get uncomfortably weird with the girl?

also curious about these questions

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I liked the isekai bird show (because birds are good)

but mainly returned to ADTRW to post this part.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just looked ahead at a synopsis of Tales of Wedding Rings, and holy poo poo, the catgirl wife is the Princess of Needakitta.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Pan Dulce posted:

Sasaki to Pi-chan was so weird. I don't know if I like it yet or not. Between the isekai bit, the psychic bit, and what appears to be a mysterious schoolgirl (who may be jealous and likes you), it's a lot to take in. I haven't read what it's based on. Does it get even more convoluted? In a fun way? Does it get uncomfortably weird with the girl?

with the MC voice actor and the stuff surrounding him, its easy for me to pretend its Kyon-kun as a salaryman and its happening all over again

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

watched the first ep of a sign of affection - yuki is a hearing-impaired college student who meets itsuomi, a charming polyglot world traveler

i loving loved this. incredibly charming, knows when to be funny and make goofy faces and when to lean into the romance, the concept was cool without being overly cloying, the style was great. this is at the top of the things i'm most excited to keep watching this season now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive read a fair bit of the manga, its sweet. i like that the main girl is allowed to do standard shoujo heroine things like being goofily jealous instead of just being sweet deaf girl

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Pan Dulce posted:

Agree with all of this. The entire show is tensed up potential, and a little bit of it is uncomfortable but all of it is unclear. My second issue with the opener was how much of it was just Sasaki narrating things but I assumed that that was running to get to the chaos part of the setup within the first hour, which they already had to extend to because it would have been insanely boring if we'd left the first episode thinking it was just going to be Isekai Arbitrage (you know, since we're also post 2 Million Gold, Isekai Amazon, and Vending Machine).

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Endorph posted:

ive read a fair bit of the manga, its sweet. i like that the main girl is allowed to do standard shoujo heroine things like being goofily jealous instead of just being sweet deaf girl

yeah when i watched the pv i was worried that they'd do the latter but the first ep did a pretty good job of humanizing yuki and i'm happy to hear the manga keeps it up. really excited to see more of it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

KariOhki posted:

I feel like a lot of the MyGO hype (especially for English fans of the anime who won't touch the game) will be dead by this point but maybe it'll just draw those people back when it starts.

MyGO!!!!! fans:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sasaki and Peeps 01

love when supernatural stuff is run by government and treated as a regular salaried job. along with the whole magic vs. psychics stuff. really neat.
coupled with a very career-oriented girl whose first meeting is her pulling a gun on you. in love with her already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Mashle S2 ED and OP are kinda poo poo, they aren't as fun and memorable as S1.