Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

man hell is going to be so crowded

drat babies, always starting wars and poo poo.

Babby wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Air Skwirl posted:

This would be really convenient when I just want to have a cold one while playing videogames.

He's just the target audience of the Nintendo 64.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Mx. posted:

one of those mans is so rightwing he got two right arms
ONE OF US
ONE OF US
GOOBLE GOBBLE GOOBLE GOBBLE
ONE OF US

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

man hell is going to be so crowded

What were those babies thinking, building rockets with those resources instead of healthcare?

You know, I keep hearing this claim that Hamas indoctrinates the Palestinian youth, but does anyone seriously believe that Israel doesn't indoctrinate their youth?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nebrilos posted:

What were those babies thinking, building rockets with those resources instead of healthcare?

You know, I keep hearing this claim that Hamas indoctrinates the Palestinian youth, but does anyone seriously believe that Israel doesn't indoctrinate their youth?

That's good indoctrination.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Arsenic Lupin posted:

When I was a kid. "insulated" meant Thermos meant "the vacuum glass will shatter if you drop it". Things have gotten better.

wow, you're really old! I bet you remember the 80's, before i was born!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Nebrilos posted:

if only there was a term for a socio-political movement that venerates the military, demands the complete destruction of a marginalized internal enemy where pacifism is seen as enemy action against the state. Freedomism?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Are you talking about an ideology where the enemy has to be both incredibly weak and very strong at the same time?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/ryjx_nft/status/1742081367066943624

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Copyright is woke.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Death does not scare me because I will no longer have to conceptualize these idiots

Being forth the endless unknowing

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Amateurs, I keep a SharePoint for my relationship, with strict action lists, ACLs and weekly goal reviews. An agile cloud-first methodology for modern relationships. We harness the collective couple knowledge to empower transformational relationship processes. We collaborate securely and effortlessly over any platform to engage and inform each other with valuable personalized targeted connections and conversations thanks to Microsoft Viva Engage to enable our relationship to maximize the velocity of personal realization as a team.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

wow, you're really old! I bet you remember the 80's, before i was born!

Why don't you go fail to understand a nested file system over it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

karoshi posted:

Amateurs, I keep a SharePoint for my relationship, with strict action lists, ACLs and weekly goal reviews. An agile cloud-first methodology for modern relationships. We harness the collective couple knowledge to empower transformational relationship processes. We collaborate securely and effortlessly over any platform to engage and inform each other with valuable personalized targeted connections and conversations thanks to Microsoft Viva Engage to enable our relationship to maximize the velocity of personal realization as a team.

look at this bitch without a relationship kanban board

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Air Skwirl posted:

This would be really convenient when I just want to have a cold one while playing videogames.

Literally why beer helmets or camelbaks exist

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Fishstick posted:

Actually, those do not exist

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fishstick posted:

A grafted chest hand is much more elegant than a filthy beer helmet

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Platystemon posted:

It’s just a very stiff flag.

You don’t want to know why it is so stiff.
Buddy,

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Agents are GO! posted:

Why don't you go fail to understand a nested file system over it.

Wow, I didn't know they used birds as file storage back then! Is that where the idea of program bugs comes from?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

karoshi posted:

Yeah, well I sleep in a racing car bed.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

With your wife?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

...! posted:

With your wife?

No, they only do that when their Google calendars sync up.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

tokin opposition posted:

Wow, I didn't know they used birds as file storage back then! Is that where the idea of program bugs comes from?

Nah, that's moths

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/JimmyTrillstein/status/1743634513824014390?t=fNfZjc5xPqAX4vYDTSKGig&s=19

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

...! posted:

With your wife?

No, with yours

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

When I was a kid. "insulated" meant Thermos meant "the vacuum glass will shatter if you drop it".

Only for the good ones. The little thermos bottles that came with lunchboxes were all kid-proof plastic and probably just had a bit of foam insulation that didn't work for poo poo, so that by lunch your milk was all warm and gross.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

...! posted:

With your wife?

That's their scheduled weekly sprint.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
more than likely a 15 minute scrum

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Planning sex through planning poker

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
happy autogolpe day everyone

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Flesh Forge posted:

Lmao

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Unrelated to that particular post, but every time I see or hear the name Kristi Yamaguccimane, I read it to the cadence of "Simply Irresistible" and now hopefully some of you do too

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

she's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
:psyduck: How likely was it that this goober was in the same unit as her?
https://twitter.com/Aristos_Revenge/status/1743673193615778136?t=XTFBxfEtuFlxGcqrUzfc4g&s=19

quote:

It's Jan 6 so pouring one out for Ashli Babbitt, who was Ashli McEntee when I knew her. This picture was taken during the deployment that we were both on, where I worked with her. She was a really good dispatcher and replaced the 22 year old lesbian with a pixie cut from arizona who kept getting in fights with dudes on the radio.

She had this pseudo jersey accent and would flail her arms around wildly at the smoke pit, ranting about this or that. She liked trouble, and sometimes this was good and sometimes it was bad. A lot of the time she'd be taking on something small as a huge crusade and we'd all be annoyed and tell her she talked too much.

But for the problems nobody wanted to fall on the sword for, she was always willing to be the person to say something. We had an XO who was doing a lot of belligerent poo poo to the squadron that was making everyone miserable. She was on a gate one day when he came to do a post check, she asked him if she could speak freely and he made the mistake of saying yes. She took his rear end to the woodshed in front of a bunch of us, I was watching from the overwatch tower. That dude didn't leave his office for the rest of the deployment, she really handled business.

She probably shouldn't have been messing with that window in the door to the capitol, but it was also an unnecessary use of force to shoot her. She had 3 capitol police tactical officers with long guns standing right behind her at the time that she was shot, like within 12 feet of her on her side of the door.

She had great respect for the capitol police because she spent a good chunk of her career, including when I met her, in the Washington DC Air National Guard as Security Forces. More than half of those guys are Capitol Police as their full time jobs, many of them were her friends.

This iconic picture that liberals kvetched about as "militarizing the capitol" during the Trump admin? Where Libs were saying they were everything from Blackwater to death squads? That was Ashli's guard unit, called up during the BLM protests in DC.

McEntee wasn't a danger to anyone in the capitol, the worst she would have done to the Senate is browbeat them into submission like an angry housewife.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I doubt this person was even in the military at all. Like, I'm pretty sure even if you say "permission to speak freely, sir?" first and get an okay you can't read the riot act to a superior officer and just have them take it.

Edit: I really don't like saying nice things about cops, but it is impressive that She and that guy who tased himself in the balls were the only people that died that day. To go back to me hating saying nice things about cops, it's probably because it was white people doing it. She was lunging at a police officer through a window while he had a gun pointed at her. Same people saying this wasn't necessary routinely defend lethal force against a black person walking down the street not doing anything illegal.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 21:56 on Jan 6, 2024

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Ashli Babbitt was a piece of poo poo who absolutely does not deserve to be treated like a martyr

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

I doubt this person was even in the military at all. Like, I'm pretty sure even if you say "permission to speak freely, sir?" first and get an okay you can't read the riot act to a superior officer and just have them take it.

Edit: I really don't like saying nice things about cops, but it is impressive that She and that guy who tased himself in the balls were the only people that died that day. To go back to me hating saying nice things about cops, it's probably because it was white people doing it. She was lunging at a police officer through a window while he had a gun pointed at her. Same people saying this wasn't necessary routinely defend lethal force against a black person walking down the street not doing anything illegal.

There was another person waving around a Gadsden flag, who, ironically enough, was trampled to death.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Air Skwirl posted:

The tweet implied the Capitol police themselves were people she knew or worked with in similar circles so there's that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
that's not a big revelation, Babbitt was in the Air National Guard unit called "the Capitol Guardians" stationed near DC. She probably did know a bunch of them.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/us/who-was-ashli-babbitt.html

quote:

She then served in the Air Force Reserves and the Air National Guard. In the Guard, she was assigned to a unit based near Washington that is known as the “Capital Guardians,” because one of their primary missions is defending the city. Security forces in the squadron regularly train with riot shields and clubs for what the Air Force calls “civil disturbance missions.”

e: oh if you mean the third party wierdo idk, no opinion about that person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Panfilo posted:

The tweet implied the Capitol police themselves were people she knew or worked with in similar circles so there's that.
I highly doubt that person ever met her, they're making poo poo up based on what they've read in articles and what not about her. Looking at the wikipedia about her shooting she was in the DC National Guard for a while, but I don't think they have a ton of interaction with the Capitol Police. also

quote:

In 2016, she faced criminal charges of reckless endangerment in Maryland after she repeatedly smashed her SUV into a vehicle being driven by a former girlfriend of Aaron Babbitt. Citing ongoing harassment, the victim obtained multiple judicial orders forbidding Ashli any contact with her