Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a really good side dish is cabbage bacon onion fried together with a little cream and lots of pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Just got asked if I ever saw Hitler.

... well?

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Man if this works out (i.e. I like it) it's going to revolutionize my food budget.

throw in some garlic and/or ginger or fermented black beans or pork or whatever is in the fridge if ya like

we make a variant on this like several times a week

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've never been to the Argentine.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Just got asked if I ever saw Hitler.

Well, did you?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

poo poo

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

seriouspost: if you are finding you need to use more and more pillows you should get your heart checked

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

wait, is there a pillow-to-heart-disease pipeline?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ngl quite embarrassing for you that you dont know about it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Five isn't more and more. Five is five.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
5ive

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

well-read undead posted:

wait, is there a pillow-to-heart-disease pipeline?

Pillows don't directly cause heart disease, but if you have heart failure it doesn't pump blood out of the venous system well. Then if you lie down flat all the blood pools in your head, so people prop themselves up with increasing numbers of pillows as their heart packs in.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

ah, i see. i've been using more and more pillows as i age, but not to raise my head, rather to ensconce my body in a sarcophagus-like enclosure

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When I roll over in my sleep I want there to be a pillow waiting for me, either side.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i just fall asleep standing up at my job like a regular person

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No-one is going to believe you do anything like a normal person.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

3D Megadoodoo posted:

No-one is going to believe you do anything like a normal person.

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also i lived with a real big dude for a while (like 180kg+), he practically slept sitting up.

last i saw him he lost a ton of weight tho, so good for him!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I thought 200kg was average. This is troubling.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i dont think anyone knew how much he weighed, that was just the highest the scale we had went

but as a person who weighs ~120kg, he was definitely 60kg heavier than me (both of us 190-some cm tall)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

one of the old scales with like a rotating thing display that turns on pressure, it just slammed to max lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Never seen a mechanical scale that goes past 150.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

3D Megadoodoo posted:

tbh it was over a decade ago so maybe the 180 figure is extrapolation. i dont doubt its veracity tho, he really was that big

either way theres no way to know. im not gonna hit him up on facebook like "hey i know we havent talked in like 6 years but how much did you used to weigh, its for the internet"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh oh detail i was the lil guy in that house at 110 kg, and the 4 others were 130+, so there was basis for comparison

it was a weird house

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I have, but it was for a large-animal veterinary practice

broke a toe on Christmas Eve, and when talking about recovery timeline the doc said “usually not too long, but at your age…” like gently caress off I’m in my 40s, not my dotage

mystes
May 31, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

I have, but it was for a large-animal veterinary practice

broke a toe on Christmas Eve, and when talking about recovery timeline the doc said “usually not too long, but at your age…” like gently caress off I’m in my 40s, not my dotage
Are these lines both part of the same story? Because now I'm imagining that you broke your toe and went to a vet

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mystes posted:

Are these both part of the same story?

sorry to say that they are not

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Subjunctive posted:

how bad did you break it and which toe?

im pretty sure i broke my uh "ring-toe?" a decade ago cause its all weird. it doesnt hurt (but it did for a while as i recall), its just flat.

iow it might not matter

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i think way more people have broken toes than know it, is what im saying

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Subjunctive posted:

it's true though, being in your 40s substantially reduces speed of recovery from injuries. feel like i spent all of last year recovering from minor injuries, only some of them emotional

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Carthag Tuek posted:

how bad did you break it and which toe?

im pretty sure i broke my uh "ring-toe?" a decade ago cause its all weird. it doesnt hurt (but it did for a while as i recall), its just flat.

pinky toe, was described as a “decent break”

good amount of soft tissue damage too, the base of all 4 outside toes is still purple

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
*draws a red circle around the obvious fracture* welp that's yer problem right there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Subjunctive posted:

pinky toe, was described as a “decent break”

good amount of soft tissue damage too, the base of all 4 outside toes is still purple

yeah i would call that "decent", or "clean". as long as you dont make it grow back all weird by wearing small shoes like grandma did itll be fine in like 2-3 years at most :)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i've been dealing with a lot of knee pain lately. i quit cycling, cut my squats down to bar-only, and finally cut out squats altogether. it turns out that what was probably messing me up was sitting half-lotus

that hasn't been a problem for the past 30 years, but now it turns out that it apparently ruins me. the other night i sat burmese and still had significant pain; it's not clear if i'll be able to sit that way once recovered. heck it's not even clear that half-lotus is the actual culprit at this point.

i turn 40 this year. i've also been dealing with some acute and rather unpleasant shoulder pain the past few days. getting old sucks. i go super slow with my lifts to prevent injury and hurt myself sitting

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Achmed Jones posted:

i go super slow with my posts to prevent injury and hurt myself making GBS threads

same

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Actually went out for a walk after a meal, as the nurse told me to do. I only almost slipped twice! Also the difference between "feels like -28" and "feels like -23" is noticeable.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

idk if this will work in text but a buddy of mine thought he had a broken toe so he went to the doctor. they examined it a bit and agreed that it seemed broken. my friend said, "so, what can you do?" and the doctor just shrugged and shook his head and said "what can you do." brutal own by the doc there imo

mystes
May 31, 2006

Truman Peyote posted:

idk if this will work in text but a buddy of mine thought he had a broken toe so he went to the doctor. they examined it a bit and agreed that it seemed broken. my friend said, "so, what can you do?" and the doctor just shrugged and shook his head and said "what can you do." brutal own by the doc there imo
that's why you don't go to the zen doctor for a broken toe

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

toes and ribs are those things where doctors just shrug and say "idk, hope you get better soon"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

lol

once I gave myself a fuckin nuclear strength toe stubbing on a shopping trolley on the second smallest toe, it was agonising. i’m sure I broke it, it’s now bent lol. I never went to the doc because like they said, what can you do?