Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think they’re happy where they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Veotax posted:

Oh, the full video is great. I've never seen a console mod video with such great shitpost energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lpTfVxwwSU

James is a loving treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbvp3kuU2ak

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it still blows me away how small, efficient, and cheap electronics have become in general. like this popped into my feed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmY83eCzHwI

and while the title's mostly clickbait, the fact that you can get a $10 calculator with 1GB of RAM, touchscreen controls, and android that can effectively emulate everything from the PSP down is just nuts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Evil Kit posted:

yup! The story and character writing are all actually very solid and show an appreciate for the villains and characters. The gameplay is okay.

If it didn't have random leveled loot and semi-forced repeating crime Quests it would have been a lot better.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I made a Cobalt Core thread. Post about how dumb Riggs is.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051257

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

lmao this game rules actually

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It makes me so sad we got one good new XCOM, one bad new XCOM, and then a weird spinoff. When we could have had Terror from the Deep 2.

Anyone ever play Xenonauts 2 EA? Liked the first one aside from the air combat.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
the good new xcom was 1/2/wotc and the bad new one was the cop one, but what was the spinoff?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

2 was bad. Procgen levels and messing up class balance. No dlc can fix that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Bureau: Xcom a tactical fps

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You can tell who overwatch crept in XCOM 1 based on their thoughts on 2

Chimera Squad was a fun little experiment and it was nice to get it for 10 bucks at the start of lockdown

The Bureau is a middling Mass Effect but I enjoyed it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

Nintendo could have been playstation if they didn't piss off sony

I wonder how different the game industry would have been if Sony had instead become a first party developer for Nintendo, and helped Nintendo with making a CD based successor to the SNES, and all future Nintendo consoles were made by Sony instead and were basically PlayStation but with Nintendo branding.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

You can tell who overwatch crept in XCOM 1 based on their thoughts on 2

Chimera Squad was a fun little experiment and it was nice to get it for 10 bucks at the start of lockdown

The Bureau is a middling Mass Effect but I enjoyed it

They already fixed OW creeping with Enemy Within. And it wasn't broken as hell like the concealment feature was.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

They already fixed OW creeping with Enemy Within. And it wasn't broken as hell like the concealment feature was.

lol

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

2 with WOTC is the best modern XCOM, I didn't play the cop one but it didn't seem super bad aside from you playing as a cop

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Also the tactical legacy soundtrack is :krad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLbOn_4b3Ew

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I started a WotC run but had already played so much XCOM2 that I was burnt out after that first zombie mission. Definitely need to get back to it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish you could play XCom 2 without being rushed into the story. I liked Midnight Suns a lot because you could go at your own pace. There was no penalty for taking forever to finally do a story mission.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
snaketits

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I liked Chimera Squad :ohdear:

Loved both the new XCom games, was excited to play Midnight Suns until they decided to make it a cardgame because they hate me personally and only want bad things to happen to me :smith:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I liked Chimera Squad :ohdear:

Loved both the new XCom games, was excited to play Midnight Suns until they decided to make it a cardgame because they hate me personally and only want bad things to happen to me :smith:

The card mechanics are pretty good. One reviewer I like also hates card mechanics but Midnight Suns he dug because they implemented them so well.

I generally stay away from card mechanics games these days.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I thought the bad new XCom was gonna be Xenonauts lol

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I finished Little Goody Two Shoes this weekend and it's still rattling around in my brain. Good game, I wish I played it earlier because it would have ended up on my GOTY list but 2023 was too full

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I finished Little Goody Two Shoes this weekend and it's still rattling around in my brain. Good game, I wish I played it earlier because it would have ended up on my GOTY list but 2023 was too full

I started the demo. Love the art style.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've been playing PSO Blue Burst on the Ephinea private server lately. Tonight I joined some random guy's party, turned out he was running the government quests in episode 2. I hadn't done those either so I went along with it. Holy poo poo, does ep2 ever drag out its content. I never want to see VR Temple ever again

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new FF14 Dawntrail trailer is complete win :eyepop:

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Just started Trails of Cold Steel III. Let's see if this will devour my time this month like I and II did in November.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

I said come in! posted:

I'm excited to be a painter

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I said come in! posted:

Agreed

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I need to know when dawntrail is coming out so I can resub like a month before cuz I still have all the 6.x stuff to do :3:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I said come in! posted:

https://twitter.com/sinuntosea/status/1743902563177509155

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

fridge corn posted:

I need to know when dawntrail is coming out so I can resub like a month before cuz I still have all the 6.x stuff to do :3:

""""Summer""""

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jedi Survivor down

Good rear end game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if its still broke on PC

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was playing it on PC and aside from some loading hitches here and there (I was on a HDD, mind you) and a single crash, I had no complaints

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I like to wait until the new expansion comes out, so I can start leveling up in some of the previous expansion content, I end up gaining a few levels by the time I get to the new expansion making it a bit easier.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I always start playing a month before the expansion (always... lol the one other time) because I completely forget my job rotations and I need a week just to get back in fighting form

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They usually announce the release date at the last keynote, but they declined not to this time, since they have a target date but want to completely lock it in and avoid any possibility of needing to delay it like they did Endwalker. Yoshida took that really hard on himself, it seems.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Debating whether I want to join the Eco server that people are thinking about joining en masse tomorrow and in the meantime, picked Astral Ascent back up out of my backlog now that it's out of early access. I dunno if it's quite Hades-tier for me, but it's at least sort of clicking in a way that it wasn't before and it's a nice enough roguelike to bounce a few runs off of in between other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have been playing City of Heroes Homecoming and having a swell time killing people with wolves and lions and bees and birds