Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Platystemon posted:

You develop natural rear end pads like a baboon.

sitting on those lil seats for extended periods can wreck your junk fyi, like permanent dysfunction/nerve damage

if it's painful dont try pushing past that, definitely don't try to wait until the pain (and all other general nerve sensation) stops, it's not like getting calluses from playing an acoustic guitar or something, it's not surface stuff that's being beat up or aggravated, it's the base of your spinal column & not worth risking loving up if it's painful, better to just get a seat that dont hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
A little soreness when you start riding is one thing, but yeah if you’re in actual pain or if you have numbing, that’s not normal. Don’t keep riding like that.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

traveled to and from the grocery store today, on foot

speng31b
May 8, 2010

walked my dogs near many cars today. one car stopped and began to roll down its windows in a threatening posture so I prepared my defenses, but he merely wished to tell me that my dog was very pretty.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

speng31b posted:

walked my dogs near many cars today. one car stopped and began to roll down its windows in a threatening posture so I prepared my defenses, but he merely wished to tell me that my dog was very pretty.

why did he only choose to compliment one dog when you have dogs plural

speng31b
May 8, 2010

i say swears online posted:

why did he only choose to compliment one dog when you have dogs plural

I walked my dogs separately (not at once) and therefore at that time the driver only witnessed a single dog.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

speng31b posted:

I walked my dogs separately (not at once) and therefore at that time the driver only witnessed a single dog.

you don't know that for sure

speng31b
May 8, 2010

FirstnameLastname posted:

you don't know that for sure

that's true, I suppose other unaffiliated dogs may have been in the driver's field of vision unknown to me.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

speng31b posted:

I walked my dogs separately (not at once)

well this just raises more questions

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
post the dog.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

well this just raises more questions

I assume you’ve never owned more than one dog at a time if this raises questions

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If your dogs have incompatible walk temperaments, it’s just not going to work out, sorry.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Platystemon posted:

I question how a man whose primary bike had sixty-three speeds could be the greatest proponent of fixed-gear bicycles.

It's brave that you're willing to admit that.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

withak posted:

post the dog.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Golf carts are how we wean Americans off cars. Let people drive lifted golf cars, $100k golf carts, ghost ride their golf carts, etc

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

Golf carts are how we wean Americans off cars. Let people drive lifted golf cars, $100k golf carts, ghost ride their golf carts, etc

apparently this is happening? some of my coworkers live in the burbs and we were having an end of year lunch before the holiday, and a few guys were going on about how they were all trying to up their neighbors by buying more and more expensive golf carts to ride around their neighborhoods (but they dont actually play golf). i guess suburbanite golf carts are a thing now? i assumed this kind of stuff only happened in florida until recently

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

webcams for christ posted:

the list is also really interesting to sort by deaths per 100,000 cars

UK is suspiciously low.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

UK is suspiciously low.

The British are now all too fat to walk

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

speng31b posted:

apparently this is happening? a bunch of my coworkers live in the burbs and we were having an end of year lunch before the holiday, and a few guys were going on about how they were all trying to up their neighbors by buying more and more expensive golf carts to ride around their neighborhoods (but they dont actually play golf). i guess suburbanite golf carts are a thing now

they love them and love flying into the street at 20mph with no signals or lights or reflectors while wearing oversized shades at dusk, half unconscious from marathoning drugstore wine and xans w/ a toddler in their lap

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/chiweethedog/status/1743768625985785933?t=w_UC9D6YJAm8Da6Gq7RGMg&s=19

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I will never get tired of SUV drivers thinking that their vehicle can somehow stop faster on snow or ice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Those vehicles stopped pretty drat fast.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

withak posted:

I will never get tired of drivers in general thinking that their vehicle can somehow stop faster on snow or ice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BonHair posted:

Or, if you ask my kid, the eighth gear is the highest and thus the best.
That's true though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

speng31b posted:

apparently this is happening? some of my coworkers live in the burbs and we were having an end of year lunch before the holiday, and a few guys were going on about how they were all trying to up their neighbors by buying more and more expensive golf carts to ride around their neighborhoods (but they dont actually play golf). i guess suburbanite golf carts are a thing now? i assumed this kind of stuff only happened in florida until recently

Let me introduce you to Peachtree City, Georgia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVGqtmd2wM

Newer suburban sprawl in northern metro Atlanta is designed similarly with golfcarts in mind. My mom's neighborhood does golfcart parades for every holiday, and there are MUPs everywhere with the carts in mind. People want this stuff, but you have to convince them that it's their idea.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
this wasn't my idea and i dont want it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Behold: the spirit of Dixie

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Newer suburban sprawl in northern metro Atlanta is designed similarly with golfcarts in mind. My mom's neighborhood does golfcart parades for every holiday, and there are MUPs everywhere with the carts in mind. People want this stuff, but you have to convince them that it's their idea.

If you want golf-cart-topia visit The Villages in Florida.

It's still suburban sprawl with absolutely zero transit, and strodes everywhere, but also there's seperate multimodal paths for seniors with impaired reaction times to drive their kitted out golf carts around without any safety restraints.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wonder what the rate of golf cart related injuries is in burbs like this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my mom lives in sun lakes, arizona and it's about the same. i think the nearest business of any type, even a gas station, is like 1.5 miles away

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
the hopi and apache had to go so greatness could take over

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Get yourself some toxic car culture and read Detonation Boulevard by Alastair Reynolds.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i rode my cargo bike today. downtown to run a few errands, which probably didn't really need the cargo bike, and then off to the grocery store. the free bike valet downtown is so good. just hand your bike to them and run off to do whatever you want downtown.

i call the cargo bike crabby

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

speng31b posted:

I wonder what the rate of golf cart related injuries is in burbs like this

they're not worried about a dui they get buck

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Rauros posted:

getting back into bike commuting this summer, my rear end really hurt. quickly enough it adapted and was fine, but i was like, what exactly gets tougher?

My taint falls asleep when I'm riding with my six year old to school, but wakes up when I go back past my home to the office. The reason is that kiddo is loving slow, so I'm actually sitting hard on the seat instead of sitting lightly because my legs are lifting my butt from the treading. So maybe you just got stronger or better at not sitting hard?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Yoga to build your core muscles 🙏🙏🙏

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s tough, raising a slow kid.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FirstnameLastname posted:

they love them and love flying into the street at 20mph with no signals or lights or reflectors while wearing oversized shades at dusk, half unconscious from marathoning drugstore wine and xans w/ a toddler in their lap

sounds like they're living the life, im jelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

It’s tough, raising a slow kid.

Taint so bad