Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

How in the gently caress is 4% of the world’s population immigrating to the us

You don't get it, housing would need to double!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Platystemon posted:

More than four percent of his own family immigrated to the U.S., so if you think about it, he’s being conservative.

Is that counting his sister and stepmother? How about his nephew and brother, or his niece and sister?

In total this sounds like 6 people but it's only 3.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Isn't decreased ad presence one of the touted features of premium? Or is seeing more ads good now, actually, because it means they're not cowardly woke libs trying to blackmail Elon out of his rightfully earned money?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
You'd think a one of a kind engineering genius and space pioneer would be reading and posting more about space and engineering things, not bottom of the barrel white nationalist poo poo... it's almost like... no? Couldn't be? Maybe, just maybe this musk fellow knows poo poo all about anything?

But that can't be right!!!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Isn't decreased ad presence one of the touted features of premium? Or is seeing more ads good now, actually, because it means they're not cowardly woke libs trying to blackmail Elon out of his rightfully earned money?

Paying for twitter means that you see fewer ads, and also you make money when people view the ads in the replies to your tweet. but you only make money from people that also pay money for twitter that saw the ad in your replies. Those people see fewer ads because they pay for twitter.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
lol at "housing will become unaffordable"

Become? Become? It's unaffordable now, motherfucker

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

And it's not because of immigrants

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I can't stress enough how loving stupid you must be to pay for twitter unless you're running bots trying to scam people:

Sign up for twitter blue! You will see fewer ads, and you will make money from ads that appear in the replies to your tweet*!

*You will only make money from other twitter blue subscribers that see the ads. You know, the ones that are paying to see fewer ads.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The "fewer ads" only applies to the timeline, so following or for you. Presumably they are all over the place everywhere else.

Targeting subscribers is good marketing because those people were dumb enough to pay for twitter.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Guy who refused to even attempt to end world hunger by spending a tenth of what he spent on buying a safe space for Nazis is suddenly very concerned about housing

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

I can't stress enough how loving stupid you must be to pay for twitter

And the more you pay for it, the stupider your are.

$3/month? Kinda dumb.
$11/month? Pretty loving dumb.
$44,000,000,000? Neutron-Star-density motherfucking stupid.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I love how this motherfucker is crying about humanity going is going extinct because women aren't constantly having babies and at the same time there is not enough room for more people in this country. I understand he is trying to get as close to saying "more white babes, fewer brown immigrants" without having to actually come out and say it. But, poo poo, It makes him come off like even more of a moronic racist.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Guatemalans, swimming the river with nothing but what they can carry, working back of house in restaurants and landscaping and migrant ag work, making waived-inspection high bids on all the brick craftsmen style houses with mature trees in desirable school districts.

That is why there is a housing crisis. Probably!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe its the snowstorm eggnog speaking, but i dont think musk math checks out. like he's obscuring things with percentages and other nebulous stuff.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

And as we are all aware, every residence that exists is currently inhabited by their own individual owner-occupants, we have to build a new house for every new person that arrives on top of the hundreds of millions of houses we need to build to solve the unhoused problem!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

its funny that there isn't a single nazi/republican conspiracy theory that elon doesn't swallow hook/line/sinker

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

97% doesn't matter when the number is zero

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Agents are GO! posted:

$44,000,000,000? Neutron-Star-density motherfucking stupid.

sorry but i think you meant to say disruptive genius

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ubersandwich posted:

I love how this motherfucker is crying about humanity going is going extinct because women aren't constantly having babies and at the same time there is not enough room for more people in this country.

It's easy to understand, there's plenty of room in this country for more people, but the ones coming in aren't people.

Circle Nine posted:

sorry but i think you meant to say disruptive genius

Disrupting spacetime

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

It's just idiots boosting idiots

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Just lmao

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

kazil posted:

[/timg]

That's not what happened you lying gently caress! It was broadcast live over social media and TV.

God dammit.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Elviscat posted:

That's not what happened you lying gently caress! It was broadcast live over social media and TV.

God dammit.

Who are you going to believe lying mainstream reality or X: The Everything App! - Home of only the most truth scam bots and nazi's you'll ever meet!

Edit: oh and I take it elons to busy at the moment with K and nazi posts to remember he wanted twitter to do more stuff than just tweet right? Seems like he just forgot, and everyone else at twitter is to busy, I dunno wondering where their life went so wrong or something, to remind him.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 7, 2024

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Elon Musk and End Wokeness should try tasing their balls.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I hear it's what all the cool 4chan memelords are doing!!!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Tucker has been advertising irradiating your scrotum for a while now

Someone should convince elon that tazing is the same thing but faster

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
An arc wielder is like the sun but better because it's for cyberpunks!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's very funny that since he is relegated to twitter death spiral that tucker now has to believe that UFOs exist

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pirate Radar posted:

Even the claimed advantage of EVs couldn’t be specific to them. You could easily make a gas car automatically show you the nearest gas station when the fuel level drops below a certain amount.

But also yeah who the gently caress has run out of gas “many times,” what are you doing

My fuel gauge hasn't worked in over a year. Any time I start the car, it'll get stuck at a random position.

The number of times I've run out of petrol since that started happening? Zero.

Because I'm not a complete loving moron and know how long a full tank will last me with regular driving.

In the past 30 something years of driving I've only run out of fuel once and it was my own drat fault for pushing my luck.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The gently caress.

Musk has reached a new depth. going full on into insurrection apologism.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The gently caress.

Musk has reached a new depth. going full on into insurrection apologism.

He really wants Trump to come back?

Kind of love/hate with these tweet dumps: It’s funny to see what he’s up to but it just increases my desire to slap him and upsets me knowing no one is ever going to slap the poo poo out of him like he deserves.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Interesting" he says. Good loving god

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Data Graham posted:

"Interesting" he says. Good loving god

!!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Wow

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

DRINK ME posted:

He really wants Trump to come back?

Kind of love/hate with these tweet dumps: It’s funny to see what he’s up to but it just increases my desire to slap him and upsets me knowing no one is ever going to slap the poo poo out of him like he deserves.

He really wants/needs that billion dollar broadband contract and Biden isn’t playing ball with him.

So yeah, he wants Trump back because he can then claim he helped Trump get reelected and parlay that into more taxpayer money.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Trump should say he'll come back only if elon posts a video of himself begging on the front page for a week

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Sentient Data posted:

Trump should say he'll come back only if elon posts a video of himself begging on the front page for a week

There's a front page?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i hope an insurrectionist mob tears musk limb from limb :elon:

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Krispy Wafer posted:

He really wants/needs that billion dollar broadband contract and Biden isn’t playing ball with him.

So yeah, he wants Trump back because he can then claim he helped Trump get reelected and parlay that into more taxpayer money.

The guy is a loving money pit. The only reason anybody should pay him is to keep his fanboys from wrecking things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

WSJ article about Musk confirming that the Board has been concerned about his drug use since 2017. They’ve informally asked Kimball about it. LSD, mushrooms, ketamine, cocaine, and of course the time he smoked pot on Rogan.