Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

girl dick energy posted:

I suspect the reason she likes Allison so much is that Allison is the first new thing to happen to the cycles in a very, very long time.

one hundred percent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hey, pal
The wormsters union #9094909 resents this baseless assumption

we got woims out dere makin sure yer kids dont get run over by some hard-on, and we push around a lotta little ol ladies from florida

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

oobey posted:

Gog Agog has the same linguistic meaning as all y'all.

Hmm. I buy it.

paranoid randroid posted:

we got woims out dere makin sure yer kids dont get run over by some hard-on, and we push around a lotta little ol ladies from florida

On your way to work tomorrow, instead of sitting around with your finger up your rear end, look around. There's a worm out there called Gog Agog and she's busting her balls for you.

gently caress I love that fake ad for AFSCME.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 3, 2024

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

girl dick energy posted:

I suspect the reason she likes Allison so much is that Allison is the first new thing to happen to the cycles in a very, very long time.

Oh wow, yeah this would make a ton of sense.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Biblically speaking, Gog and Magog are part of the end of days, so it's not super surprising that Gog Agog would be in on this deal.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

A Gog appears

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1743460495925944387

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Boy I can tell THIS is going to go well.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If I had the wherewithal to commit even a tenth as much to any of my ventures as Gog commits to the bit I would be set for life.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
You can't regenerate from "accidentally" breaking your neck for kicks (I presume). Gog is a sicko and doesn't give a gently caress and... doesn't have to or maybe can't? Can you pluck one hair on purpose cause prob agog that's more damaging than what she just did

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
GOG uses PUNCH on GROUND using FACE, it is not very effective.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

You can't regenerate from "accidentally" breaking your neck for kicks (I presume). Gog is a sicko and doesn't give a gently caress and... doesn't have to or maybe can't? Can you pluck one hair on purpose cause prob agog that's more damaging than what she just did

she pulled her own head off the first time they met and just plopped it back on. charlie chaplin could never

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Bussamove posted:

If I had the wherewithal to commit even a tenth as much to any of my ventures as Gog commits to the bit I would be set for life.

Gog-Agog, Bearer of the Word KAYFABE

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The Gog on the floor is totally going to get up next page to continue the bit.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The “why let this all happen” question, the stupid comment, the bit about a real immortal in the blurb clowning on warriors and monks, being extremely committed to the bit, the prior stuff about the indentation beyond time, her celebrating the end of the world again and not caring about the annihilation

This doesn’t ring like a funny powerful jester with some hidden depths and infinite wormpill power: she was always an abomination, but this feels more like recategorising the gog as already above and outside the seven and cycle system in some eldritch way?

With all the lore about the grand enemy called I, lying and division… the worm that creates an infinitely regenerating mass of selves and commits to the bit hard feels special.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
There is always more and it is always worms

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bussamove posted:

The Gog that is the floor is totally going to get up next page to continue the bit.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Check this poo poo out motherfucker [I slide one foot out from under me and fall on my rear end, its not clear what kind of move I was trying to do]

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

coolusername posted:

The “why let this all happen” question, the stupid comment, the bit about a real immortal in the blurb clowning on warriors and monks, being extremely committed to the bit, the prior stuff about the indentation beyond time, her celebrating the end of the world again and not caring about the annihilation

This doesn’t ring like a funny powerful jester with some hidden depths and infinite wormpill power: she was always an abomination, but this feels more like recategorising the gog as already above and outside the seven and cycle system in some eldritch way?

With all the lore about the grand enemy called I, lying and division… the worm that creates an infinitely regenerating mass of selves and commits to the bit hard feels special.

Gog Agog wasn't always the jester, she started out serious, but after untold cycles through Groundhog Day you have to loosen up and have some fun with it

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 6, 2024

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Brutally killing yourself and immediately no-selling it is usually a pretty good intimidation tactic, but Allison might be beyond giving a poo poo about antics like that.

Looking forward to learning why Gog thinks holes are stupid. :haw:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Thundarr posted:

Brutally killing yourself and immediately no-selling it is usually a pretty good intimidation tactic, but Allison might be beyond giving a poo poo about antics like that.

Looking forward to learning why Gog thinks holes are stupid. :haw:

Alison is clearly at least surprised here, though I doubt she's seriously unnerved.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I hope the one shoe that got flung off when she hit the ground is going to come back down and impale the new gog.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Thundarr posted:

I think she's less intimidating and more making a point.

(Or possibly she just tried to do a cool landing and failed)

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Gog is psyching herself up to reveal to Allison the truth about the Wheel, she's gonna be so mad when she learns Jadis beat her to it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gog's slapstick comedy potential is off the charts. I love it.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Pardot posted:

I hope the one shoe that got flung off when she hit the ground is going to come back down and impale the new gog.

That's how you know that husk really did die, you lose a shoe you lose a you!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
lmao, I love this comic so much

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gog remains the best and at this point is just running up the scoreboard on everybody else.

Since someone brought up Gog vs. Jaggs before, this is word of god on the matter:

Operant's tumblr posted:

The real odd one out is Gog-Agog, who gets by on her peculiar physiology. Even Jagganoth would have a hard time with her. She would be the strongest demiurge if not for her flights of fancy.

https://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/152008353500/you-already-did-a-relative-power-ranking-on-each

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
She's really the diametrical opposite of Solomon David, isn't she? Imagine if everyone of her avatars was as purpose-oriented as him.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

There Bias Two posted:

Gog's slapstick comedy potential is off the charts. I love it.

her running in the air, impaled by Jadis' anti arrow defense system, during the battle over Rayuba was already top comedy

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Rivalled closely by learning that Jadis literally saw it as her destiny to impale Gog Agog with her anti-arrow defence system.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

cant cook creole bream posted:

She's really the diametrical opposite of Solomon David, isn't she? Imagine if everyone of her avatars was as purpose-oriented as him.

There's no such thing as an "avatar" of Gog, they are all "her". The fact she's a collection of beings and minds doesn't mean any of them get to stand out and take control at any time, it means all of them trying to at once is a probably cause for her madness.

maswastaken posted:

Rivalled closely by learning that Jadis literally saw it as her destiny to impale Gog Agog with her anti-arrow defence system.

Gog probably intentionally made that happen because it'd be funny.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 7, 2024

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

maswastaken posted:

looking into the Aperture That Annihilates You Instantly and seeing the full breadth and depth of Gog's antics across every universe and timeline. you have chosen the Path of Shtick and there is nothing down it but pain.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

looking into the Aperture That Annihilates You Instantly and seeing the full breadth and depth of Gog's antics across every universe and timeline. you have chosen the Path of Shtick and there is nothing down it but pain.

"It's gone from being funny to so terribly lame to ironically funny so many times my mind can't take it anymore!"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I preferred her ska punk phase, personally.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

When you gaze in to the Aperture, raise one hand in front of your nose as the Aperture is likely to attempt a double eye jab.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TwoPair posted:

"It's gone from being funny to so terribly lame to ironically funny so many times my mind can't take it anymore!"

Jadis politely applauding for infinite pratfalls, which unfortunately only contributes to the chip on Gog's shoulder.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Elissimpark posted:

When you gaze in to the Aperture, raise one hand in front of your nose as the Aperture is likely to attempt a double eye jab.

I also really enjoyed her Three Stooges phase, but she had too many Shemps.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
That reminds me: does anyone have the tweet about defeating Bugs Bunny at they're own game by having a bigger schtick?

It feels apt for dealing with my pal (and yours!), Gog Agog.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Elissimpark posted:

That reminds me: does anyone have the tweet about defeating Bugs Bunny at they're own game by having a bigger schtick?

It feels apt for dealing with my pal (and yours!), Gog Agog.

quote:

The thing about bugs bunny is that he lives and dies by his bits. He’s fully capable of killing you if he wanted, but the thing is, not only is he a nice guy, he’s a funny guy. To beat bugs bunny, many people assume that you just have to not fall for the jokes. If he hits you with a pie, you don’t flinch, and eventually you’ll ware him down. The issue is, misery will only last you so long. There’s only so much bits to endure before it becomes funny. And whoever is getting laughed at is losing. Instead, to kill bugs bunny, you have to beat him at his own game. When he throws a pie, don’t try to sidestep or be a sourpuss, that’s playing into his hands. Instead, you comically open your mouth and swallow it whole. This is how you kill a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Or the tumblr bit about how Bugs could defeat Thanos.