Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/eric_nehm/status/1743863439821271129

Dame Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I worked as a library page, shelving books in the kids and YA section back in high school. Never read a Redwall book but I had to shelve them all the time and they looked really cool.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

temple posted:

I thought were referring to the red mist that transforms dray into a shibito. As known from the national tragedy and documentary, Forbidden Siren.

dray when he sees a mfer from France

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I worked as a library page, shelving books in the kids and YA section back in high school. Never read a Redwall book but I had to shelve them all the time and they looked really cool.

Redwall rules

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I’ll never forgive the Redwall books for making scones sound good

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

morestuff posted:

I’ll never forgive the Redwall books for making scones sound good

It took me like 35 years but I found a good scone and now I want one, might head to the bakery tomorrow

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ChickenMedium posted:

The Pacers have got me. I no longer believe that defense is a necessary part of playing basketball. The point of defense is to make sure the opposing team doesn't score more points that you do. If you just score more points than the other side, it is functionally the same. Defense is for scrublord franchises that can't score 150 points a game. Defense is for loser-rear end sadboys. If you play defense, gently caress you. Try being better at basketball, you absolute clown.

remind me to quote this post when they lose in the playoffs

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Nothing like the battle rage of a badgerlord who lives a solemn life surrounded by the most british rabbits ever to be put to word

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

LeBrushed posted:

Happy new years my very special friends!!!

With all this hulabulloo about the leagues “repeat offender” protocol that draymond is apparently on (and that’s the reason he keeps getting suspended and then resuspended for things he did literally years ago… and was suspended back then for and served his time)… is Lebron now finally in the “repeat offender” protocol?

Here he is two-hand shoving the current reigning MVP to “protect himself” (from being posterized):

https://twitter.com/domantci/status/1416860681085853701?s=46&t=KoG6gJ34IBiEhFZeDeLk5g

Here he is elbowing a role-player in the head and then trying to fight him like the loser thug that he is:

https://twitter.com/defpenhoops/status/1462582144123944960?s=46&t=KoG6gJ34IBiEhFZeDeLk5g

Just today he elbowed JJJ in the head after dive tackling him while losing yet again like the sad career loser that he is:

https://twitter.com/killjoygsw/status/1743538120409366623?s=46&t=KoG6gJ34IBiEhFZeDeLk5g

Soooo… repeat offender protocol? As he should be? If not, why not?! 🤔

agreed. this guy was banned for speaking the truth

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
actual useful DEI sessions would have us try to empathize with the stoats and weasels

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Papercut posted:

It took me like 35 years but I found a good scone and now I want one, might head to the bakery tomorrow

Based on your avatar I am assuming you live in Portland... and it took you 35 years to find a good scone? Can I suggest a support group?

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Lifespan posted:

Based on your avatar I am assuming you live in Portland... and it took you 35 years to find a good scone? Can I suggest a support group?

maybe just like a map.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Scones are very good.

If you live in Portland you should have been eating at Ken Forkish’s bakery but I think it closed recently.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lifespan posted:

I do not

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

This response does not solve the core problem

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Free Middleton

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Scones are like biscuits in that they need to be made right and fresh otherwise they are a chalky mouth drying mess

Also with scones some proper clotted cream or mascarpone with jam are a requirement

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am a professional psychiatrist and using the latest DSM i have diagnosed draymond green with having the Red Mist that afflicts the badgers in the redwall books, if he sees a european playing basketball he screams his battlecry "eulalia" and kicks them in the penis as hard as possible before tucking into a gigantic medaeval feast.

Man I loved the Redwall books thanks for this excellent post and the smile it gave me

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
scones with jam and cream ftw

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Most people will read about scones, see one at Starbucks, try it, then think they suck because Starbucks sucks rear end.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I’ve had plenty of bad scones other places. There are good ones though out there .

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Cheese scones are also good, I made some a few days ago.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Jam then cream or cream then jam. THAT is the question.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Scones are like biscuits in that they need to be made right and fresh otherwise they are a chalky mouth drying mess

Also with scones some proper clotted cream or mascarpone with jam are a requirement

maybe some with some dandelion wine and a treacle tart methinks

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I am totally here for scone chat although I think what people refer to as scones in the US might be different to real English scones?

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Quizzlefish posted:

I am totally here for scone chat although I think what people refer to as scones in the US might be different to real English scones?

sounds like someone who doesn't know where Brian Jacques is from

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

wonder what Chris Haynes is gonna have to say about this later today

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

OH WORD SON posted:

sounds like someone who doesn't know where Brian Jacques is from

Oh I know the books refer to good old English scones just wondering if those here who are speaking of having tried them are all referring to the real deal

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

The Bucks need to trade for Zach Lavine to improve their defense.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mods are asleep post Grayson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rick posted:

The Bucks need to trade for Zach Lavine to improve their defense.

Dame is what people think Zach is at defense.

Zach isn't terrible man up he just has no awareness with help.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am a professional psychiatrist and using the latest DSM i have diagnosed draymond green with having the Red Mist that afflicts the badgers in the redwall books, if he sees a european playing basketball he screams his battlecry "eulalia" and kicks them in the penis as hard as possible before tucking into a gigantic medaeval feast.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

This guy

https://twitter.com/davidblattman/status/1743825873378165164

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I wouldn’t be surprised if Hartenstein had a 5/5/5/5/5 game this season. Really happy to see him get minutes in New York. He’s good.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Aye Doc posted:

Lmao

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
posting passes this morning

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1743842171520684481

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i can do that too

https://twitter.com/CelticsRepublic/status/1743831411675594837

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Those are just passes from pistol pete’s homework basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's called the Bloodwrath :eng101: