Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

fadam posted:

Isn't he on MTGO? That's crazy if he's not.

Scryfall.com puts him as out of it. That's a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Webcam tournaments peaked with that yugioh player who was riding shotgun in a moving car. Webcam tcg play had nowhere to go from there.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
we are a week before release and the retro frame prices havent dropped to realistic prices yet. :commissar:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
i thought prices tend to bottom out a few weeks after release. don't keep up too much with releases these days though

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ilmucche posted:

i thought prices tend to bottom out a few weeks after release. don't keep up too much with releases these days though

They do. I don't mind buying a bit above the button if it means I get them sooner.

These have been especially stubborn.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Have any previously expensive cards dropped to $2 or under? I love when that happens.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

Have any previously expensive cards dropped to $2 or under? I love when that happens.

Use to happen ever standard seasons end. One of the MANY people don't play standard anymore.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

LifeLynx posted:

This mostly happens through bannings/rotation (look at Kaladesh Saheeli's price graph for some incredible swings) but also happens when a card only has 1-2 printings and gets a reprint.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I meant specifically from Ravnica Remastered. Sometimes these reprint sets reprint some hot Commander cards that were $10 just due to never having a reprint, and they tank in price.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Had a fun FNM playing yawgmoth last night. Highlight was round 3 against Murktide. Been making a dryad arbor (and other stuff) huge or small with Yawgmoth’s proliferate. Another player walks by and is just like “why the gently caress is your dryad arbor a 5/5?” 6/6 Murktide eventually has to chump the 7/7 arbor before I win next turn. I also finally got a double grist activation.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I did a dominaria remastered draft last night. Drafted Yawgmoth, Pashalik Mons for the combo, and vampiric tutor to put it together. Worked great when it worked! Lost to anthem plus triple battle screech lol.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Just opened up my Ravnica Remastered preview sealed packs, got a foil retro frame Cyclonic Rift which is immediately the most expensive card I’ve ever owned

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I had my legacy doomsday opponent decide they didn't want to play our match because "mind goblin is bullshit". Why is the world like this? I just wanna play some paper magic.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sickening posted:

I had my legacy doomsday opponent decide they didn't want to play our match because "mind goblin is bullshit". Why is the world like this? I just wanna play some paper magic.

should have told him to mind (goblin) his own business!

(that's the funniest punchline I could think of. nobody else is allowed to write a comeback)

kalel fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 6, 2024

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Removing the silver border was a mistake, but seething song goblin you can remove in response is low on the reasons why (the many external game objects and procedures you have to do to get the mana are higher)

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Got absolutely thrashed at my first RCQ today. Trying to do the whole stay positive thing and focus on improving but losing sucks.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

fadam posted:

A cheap blood moon emblem would be the most toxic card of all time lol, I'd love to play with it
So long as we get a Conversion emblem, too.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1743047445410468242?t=HlFYq9Xs7C_Qx7btBpVSYg&s=19

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
At first I thought the image may have been just lovely art by an intern who had no idea what to really do for this. I also thought people were reaching with their evidence of AI art here. Then I actually took a real close look and while most of the complaints are kinda there, it's obviously AI art just by looking at the pipes and poo poo. Also the machinery in the background looks like AI nonsense, as does the loving box the cards are displayed on. Also there's some sort of steampunk slug looking out the window.

While I believe WOTC only stated they wouldn't use AI art on actual product, using it in ads is super lovely, as is denying it when it's easily proven and pointed out.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

At least once artist has ended their association with WotC over it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

this company is so goddamned stupid

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Not just the one image either.

https://twitter.com/MarcoMA4PS/status/1743593367336833415

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
They're such dumb assholes, I've seen like 4 non-MTG-people post about this now that the community note is up, can't wait for the "apology."

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The social media intern was told it wasn't AI so they posted it wasn't AI

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Just why do that at all?? They could have just photographed the cards and paid the touchup artist to make a background??

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

ram dass in hell posted:

Just why do that at all?? They could have just photographed the cards and paid the touchup artist to make a background??

Or they did, and the guy they hired used AI. But :lol: at the gauge and especially the windows.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

ram dass in hell posted:

Because it was farmed out to the cheapest contractor possible, it’s a damned social media ad.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

They just fired at least one guy that would have been art directing that, so depending on who is left, I could totally see it being an ‘oh poo poo, that is due by the end of the day? Fuckfuckfuck who can get this done?…’

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Just put the cards in front of an existing piece of Ravnica art you already commissioned and owned.

Also let me know where to send the invoice for this brilliant suggestion

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

kung fu jive posted:

Got absolutely thrashed at my first RCQ today. Trying to do the whole stay positive thing and focus on improving but losing sucks.

What was the field like? Going to a Rav remastered sealed one next week but want to play some standard. Also I think rav remastered technically not allowed, but whatever.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I brought my Drake posted:

At least once artist has ended their association with WotC over it.

Seems like a huge deal for a prominent artist to take this kind of stand against obvious bullshit. I hope others join him.

That art is very clearly AI generated with some lazy human touching up and WotC should know better than to try and pull something like this.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

This is absolutely a gauge that exists in reality, they just make them out of round and with weird extra markings!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

It would be weird for a generator to get the numbers right like that, it could also be distortion from the glass cap.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

https://twitter.com/samsam411sam/status/1743379544902676662#m

Now THIS is podracing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

distortion park posted:

It would be weird for a generator to get the numbers right like that, it could also be distortion from the glass cap.

It’s probably not completely AI, it’s most likely an image touched up with AI and then touched up again to mask some of it (like adding numbers to the gauge).
You’re definitely insane though if you think that’s just natural distortion and not AI and should probably sit out any conversations about AI images, though.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

e:nvm, doesn't deserve a response

distortion park fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 7, 2024

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

"It's fine, the AI just plagiarized a gage'

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Tired of this AI debate. I'm gonna blow a gasket!!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

HootTheOwl posted:

"It's fine, the AI just plagiarized a gage'

They're not saying it's 'fine' morally, they're saying it's 'fine' visually because a human inserted a stock image, which makes the situation even more laughable, overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

They're not saying it's 'fine' morally, they're saying it's 'fine' visually because a human inserted a stock image, which makes the situation even more laughable, overall
I think they're saying that while the base image "might" be AI (it is), at the final step a human went over it and touched it up so it's all good. Not visually but as a gotcha. "There was human involvement"