Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Crowning the annual Miss Stake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Just bought 2 tickets in the Prima Variante at Monza, has anyone been before? There seems to be a lot of disparities on what you can and cannot take into the circuit and the general professionalism of how it's run (insert F1 is a shitshow full stop joke).

Edited due to incorrect Italian spelling

MonkeyLibFront fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 5, 2024

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Just bought 2 tickets in the Prima Varienta at Monza, has anyone been before? There seems to be a lot of disparities on what you can and cannot take into the circuit and the general professionalism of how it's run (insert F1 is a shitshow full stop joke).

If you could smuggle in some competent race engineers and strategists for Ferrari I would be very grateful.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Just bought 2 tickets in the Prima Varienta at Monza, has anyone been before? There seems to be a lot of disparities on what you can and cannot take into the circuit and the general professionalism of how it's run (insert F1 is a shitshow full stop joke).

Calling it "Prima variante" or "Rettifilo" instead of random words will help locating it. For equipment you are barren from pyrotechnics and sticks of any sorts but otherwise you are fine with mostly everything else that is not a security hazard.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

SlowBloke posted:

Calling it "Prima variante" or "Rettifilo" instead of random words will help locating it. For equipment you are barren from pyrotechnics and sticks of any sorts but otherwise you are fine with mostly everything else that is not a security hazard.

Fair enough, I'm just the passenger princess on this trip as my other half has booked it but now she's worried as she's seen some of the reviews of tokens for food and sunscreen being confiscated etc.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Fair enough, I'm just the passenger princess on this trip as my other half has booked it but now she's worried as she's seen some of the reviews of tokens for food and sunscreen being confiscated etc.

Sunscreen getting confiscated is a new one for me, never saw it happen in real life at any italian circuit in the warm seasons of the year. Food carry from outside the circuit is up to the organizers, so you might want to check on their website in case a overzealous steward gets uppity. Also make sure to organize logistics from your hotel to the track, taxi services to the track are a crapshoot (aka you can find taxis in monza but the track entrance is in another municipality).

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 5, 2024

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

At Spa you could bring pretty much anything you wanted. One guy seemed to be operating his own sound system on a hand truck.

It's an F1 race, not a festival, they won't be doing bag searches of hundreds of thousands of people to make sure you're not bringing bread and cheese or whatever in.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Thanks Ants posted:

At Spa you could bring pretty much anything you wanted. One guy seemed to be operating his own sound system on a hand truck.

It's an F1 race, not a festival, they won't be doing bag searches of hundreds of thousands of people to make sure you're not bringing bread and cheese or whatever in.

I did see stewards checking bags if you had weird poo poo poking out, like big flags or rods for your folding chairs. It's rare but not impossible, not being able to explain to the stewards what you are carrying and why might exacerbate the issue. Just bring basic supplies and, for the love of god, no pharmaceuticals.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SlowBloke posted:

I did see stewards checking bags if you had weird poo poo poking out, like big flags or rods for your folding chairs. It's rare but not impossible, not being able to explain to the stewards what you are carrying and why might exacerbate the issue. Just bring basic supplies and, for the love of god, no pharmaceuticals.

Just do the American thing where you get belligerent and loud towards customer service people until they just give in

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tony quidprano posted:

Just do the American thing where you get belligerent and loud towards customer service people until they just give in

I'd like to emphasize that a public event in Italy is not a Walmart, so the security staff at Monza could fold them as an accordion instead of politely nod. Just to be on the safe side.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 5, 2024

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wear head to toe Ferrari gear and put all your stuff in a Ferrari bag, op

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

SlowBloke posted:

make sure to organize logistics from your hotel to the track, taxi services to the track are a crapshoot (aka you can find taxis in monza but the track entrance is in another municipality).

Don't people usually get a train out from Milan or the wider area and walk? If I went again I would do that I think. I went in 2007 and it was great (In the Parabolica stand) but it was part of a tour group so we didn't have to worry about transport.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
You should bring orange flares

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Furious George posted:

Don't people usually get a train out from Milan or the wider area and walk? If I went again I would do that I think. I went in 2007 and it was great (In the Parabolica stand) but it was part of a tour group so we didn't have to worry about transport.

It's about 15km from the Monza city centre to the track, you can cut thru the Monza park but it's still a bit of a trek. Last time i went, i did taxi from city centre to track and walked back to the hotel. Taking a taxi from the track meant waiting a lot of time since it had to come from the town anyway, so you are better off walking or taking a lime.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 5, 2024

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Masami Kuwashima, the guy with shortest F1 career ever, was also in a feature film the same year he drove in F1. I found out reason he seemingly vanished from racing entirely after 1979 (Japanese F2, today Super Formula) was because he was busted that same year for trafficking Amphetamines and was using while racing even. He was permanently banned as a result.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

Masami Kuwashima, the guy with shortest F1 career ever, was also in a feature film the same year he drove in F1. I found out reason he seemingly vanished from racing entirely after 1979 (Japanese F2, today Super Formula) was because he was busted that same year for trafficking Amphetamines and was using while racing even. He was permanently banned as a result.

based lmao

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Alaois posted:

based lmao

He only ever did 1 full season of racing of any type (1977 Japanese F2000, all others were part time.) but was extremely good around Suzuka so he would end up like 3rd or 4th overall in the championship because his only starts resulted in podiums. Also the point system was generous.

I think he was certainly funding his racing career with it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

He only ever did 1 full season of racing of any type (1977 Japanese F2000, all others were part time.) but was extremely good around Suzuka so he would end up like 3rd or 4th overall in the championship because his only starts resulted in podiums. Also the point system was generous.

I think he was certainly funding his racing career with it.

him and 90% of the international racing community, cars or boats

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

This looks like one of the fake logos they put in Motorsport Manager because they don’t have the license for the real ones.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Alaois posted:

him and 90% of the international racing community, cars or boats

Time to bring up Vic Lee who got busted the first time as a drug runner because people started asking questions why a BTCC team felt the need to exclusively and frequently test at Zandvort.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
There's a documentary about Andrea Moda and it's probably better than the Ferrari film because the working title was 'Last and Furious' lmao

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/andreamoda/

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Should have stuck with the working title

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Time to bring up Vic Lee who got busted the first time as a drug runner because people started asking questions why a BTCC team felt the need to exclusively and frequently test at Zandvort.

And the Whittingtons, who both 1. Bought their Porsche 935 cash on the spot when Kremer wanted their own driver to start Le Mans instead, and 2. Owned Road Atlanta for a time, and supposedly used the back straight as a landing strip.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Although both those things are at least Baller whereas Vic ran Peugeots.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Fernando Alonso is a Green Bay Packer fan, confirmed

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

no.. no.... :negative:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

pls stay on piste fernando

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

How in the flying hell is skiing still allowed in their contracts?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

How in the flying hell is skiing still allowed in their contracts?

Skiing is fine, bolting GoPros extension mounts on the helmet on the other hand....

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

harperdc posted:

And the Whittingtons, who both 1. Bought their Porsche 935 cash on the spot when Kremer wanted their own driver to start Le Mans instead, and 2. Owned Road Atlanta for a time, and supposedly used the back straight as a landing strip.

They also showed up to Indy a few times in well prepared cars with no sponsors.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Even when set to 1, the Timemore Chestnut C2 cannot grind fine enough for espresso. I'm probably going to chuck my Baratza and this timemore up on Marketplace and use that to fund a DF64.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Even when set to 1, the Timemore Chestnut C2 cannot grind fine enough for espresso. I'm probably going to chuck my Baratza and this timemore up on Marketplace and use that to fund a DF64.

You should get a $4000 Jura machine like my brother has, it makes a stunning cup of pretty much any style of coffee you can imagine

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
There's a solid 3 minutes in this Andrea Moda documentary of Mansell laughing his rear end off down the camera at how poo poo they were.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I'm also loving how integral Andrea Sasseti's strip clubs were to facilitating the cash only nature of his F1 operation. #esseremoda

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Bought a new house a while back and it has a Wolf CSO24 (convection steam) oven. I’ve never used any sort of steaming with an oven before but it has some wild recommended recipes like pears in red wine. Since this is the go to cookware thread, have any of yall used such a thing? Got any wild recipes to try?

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Happy Birthday Sir Lewis

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Big Jesus posted:

Bought a new house a while back and it has a Wolf CSO24 (convection steam) oven. I’ve never used any sort of steaming with an oven before but it has some wild recommended recipes like pears in red wine. Since this is the go to cookware thread, have any of yall used such a thing? Got any wild recipes to try?

Have you considered steaming hams?

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:lewis: to another another year of greatness