Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams and even if it could, airplanes don't carry any! Check mate :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Nenonen posted:

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams and even if it could, airplanes don't carry any! Check mate :smuggo:

Look at this sheeple who think's airplanes exist :smug:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Weatherman posted:

Airplanes exist so that Soros and Gates can poison us with chemtrails, but the ones you travel in are just simulators used to convince people that Earth is not flat. In reality the cabin is on a truck bed and they just drive you to destination & drug you to make the trip feel shorter.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Weatherman posted:

Lol, "air" :jerkbag:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The balls. Jet fuel is stored in the balls.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The balls. Jet fuel is stored in the balls.
Spontaneous comballstion

Make a clever joke with that

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Medullah posted:

Conspiracy people will go after everything

I'd just link to Piaget's conservation test.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

The Islamic Shock posted:

Spontaneous comballstion

Make a clever joke with that

Spontaneous comballstion deez nutz lmao

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

LonsomeSon posted:

Spontaneous comballstion deez nutz lmao

lol gottem

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

12 pence to a shilling, 20 shillings to the pound. I'm so glad we smart Americans dumped that poo poo faster than a crate of tea

We dumped the non-decimal coinage, but the stock market was denominated in sixteenths of dollars until 2001.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

CellBlock posted:

We dumped the non-decimal coinage, but the stock market was denominated in sixteenths of dollars until 2001.

And let's not get started with the metric system

Oh if only that ship hadn't sunk during Jefferson's term

Random Axis
Jul 19, 2005

Medullah posted:

The true comedy gold is that that tank is smaller around than a 747's fuselage and would easily fit inside.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah but have you ever seen one of them on a plane? So where do they put the giant puck of solid fuel??

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Some kind of Kerbal-rear end civil aviation where they chonk on a big canister of fuel and overbalance the entire plane, killing everyone.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Brawnfire posted:

Some kind of Kerbal-rear end civil aviation where they chonk on a big canister of fuel and overbalance the entire plane, killing everyone.

What are you talking about? That's clearly one giant landing gear.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Brawnfire posted:

To be fair, this is probably how Boeing does most of their engineering nowadays.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
This also overstates the fuel capacity of a 747 by 44,695 gallons.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Medullah posted:

Idk why fuel capacity is the new hot poo poo in conspiracies because I keep seeing it everywhere. It really grinds my gears. Here is where the fuel goes. If you're on a flight waiting for take off you can literally look out the window and see some ramp agents pumping the fuel into the plane.

There is the fuel tanks. This being my primary line of work and Boeing passenger craft being my primary babies, I can confirm that all those fuel tanks are in there because I have seen and/or been inside most of them. It seems impossible because the plane is very big and we are very small, so the wings look way too thin from inside, but in fact, there is room. There's also way more cabin than you look at, like where flight attendants sit, where all the booze is, where the luggage is, where the dog you insisted needed to come on your trip is with a ramp agent strapped to the wall keeping them company while you complain about how uncomfy your seat is.

What is even the end goal of planes having extra fake fuel conspiracy? What is being proved? Killary has packed the extra weight with kids for her satanic pizza dungeon? The same thing but it's bloodthirsty ISIS terrorists? It's actually all a lie started by the Wright Brothers and powered flight is not possible?

I gotta stop complaining about this.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 10, 2024

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

What is even the end goal of planes having extra fake fuel conspiracy? What is being proved? Killary has packed the extra weight with kids for her satanic pizza dungeon? The same thing but it's bloodthirsty ISIS terrorists? It's actually all a lie started by the Wright Brothers and powered flight is not possible?

You're thinking backwards from their thought process.

If bad things can happen that are outside of anyone's control, that's scary! Instead, it must be the work of some nefarious agents that, while powerful, have the potential to be stopped. As a bonus, I'm now the holder of secret knowledge and therefore special in some capacity.

Therefore, there couldn't be enough fuel on those planes (that still wouldn't melt steel beams) or whatever

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Idk why fuel capacity is the new hot poo poo in conspiracies because I keep seeing it everywhere. It really grinds my gears. Here is where the fuel goes. If you're on a flight waiting for take off you can literally look out the window and see some ramp agents pumping the fuel into the plane.
Nuh uh, they run on compressed air like giant Air Hogs. Compressed air doesn't use up any volume because it's just air and they can put as much as they want in. It also doesn't cost anything because it's just out there in the atmosphere and poo poo.

https://twitter.com/starrrchilddddd/status/1644833946105184256

https://twitter.com/J0N78/status/1652837602242723841

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
If birds aren't real, perhaps planes aren't either ...

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

So if birds and planes aren’t real, by process of elimination it is Superman up there.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So the conspiracy theory is airlines charge more for plane tickets than is necessary to cover the cost of a flight and keep the difference as profit?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes but you can't criticize capitalism so you have to sub in the stupidest poo poo possible.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Nah, the space they tell you is fuel tanks is actually taken up by the chemtrail distribution system.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

VitalSigns posted:

So the conspiracy theory is airlines charge more for plane tickets than is necessary to cover the cost of a flight and keep the difference as profit?

lmao

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Those aren't even remotely the same shape. Try again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
How the gently caress does someone not understand how sneezing works

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

The Islamic Shock posted:

How the gently caress does someone not understand how sneezing works

Because america

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Nah, the space they tell you is fuel tanks is actually taken up by the chemtrail distribution system.

I've seen that 'theory'. I've also seen flat earthers pick this up and use it to say "See, the Earth isn't as big as (((They))) say it is - planes don't need 200 tons of fuel to cross the oceans because they're not actually going round the back of the planet. Makes u think!"

It's fun the way conspiracy theories run together, like paints on a canvas left out in the rain.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

My friend's mother cut all of the necks off of my friend's turtleneck sweaters, because "they made her feel like she was choking". (My friend's mother was not the one wearing the sweaters).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A timeless STDH.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nebrilos posted:

My friend's mother cut all of the necks off of my friend's turtleneck sweaters, because "they made her feel like she was choking". (My friend's mother was not the one wearing the sweaters).

She was right to do so.
Even if her reasoning was wrong

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a very weak guy all day." -Mitch Hedberg

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bet that's the sort of guy who tries to claim 332 million dependents on his taxes every year.
And also has to be court ordered to file his taxes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

My life matters - guy who would never in a million years be at risk for being shot to death during a routine traffic stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

the_steve posted:

Bet that's the sort of guy who tries to claim 332 million dependents on his taxes every year.
And also has to be court ordered to file his taxes.

You just know he's the type to dodge child support