Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Yea the Wendy Painting interview was all over the place and needed a lot more prep. She’s a very excellent researcher but neither were really prepared to present it in that medium. It was mostly tedious. The book is incredible though. One of the best works of all investigative journalism/research. Staggering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
the what

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Danger posted:

Yea the Wendy Painting interview was all over the place and needed a lot more prep. She’s a very excellent researcher but neither were really prepared to present it in that medium. It was mostly tedious. The book is incredible though. One of the best works of all investigative journalism/research. Staggering.

Go on

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I thought the board game was funny

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
It's a kinda funny idea but not funny enough to make it fun to play over and over if the structure of the game isn't actually fun. Hopefully it's a fun game wearing a fun costume and not a lame game wearing a fun costume, I'm waiting for reviews.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Civilized Fishbot posted:

It's a kinda funny idea but not funny enough to make it fun to play over and over if the structure of the game isn't actually fun. Hopefully it's a fun game wearing a fun costume and not a lame game wearing a fun costume, I'm waiting for reviews.

a jerk-off motion so exaggerated it alters the spin of the planet

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Read it: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23281022-aberration-in-the-heartland-of-the-real

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

What?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

That’s not how you do it. It’s a just a quick jerk and then you’re done. You’re doing it too slow.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

space uncle posted:

That’s not how you do it. It’s a just a quick jerk and then you’re done. You’re doing it too slow.

*robert duvall voice* you doin' it too fast, you gotta jerk the dick sloooow

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The board game is a funny gag but I know exactly zero people IRL who are on the level of irony needed to appreciate it

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

They sold out immediately so the market is probably good.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
It's basically the stav calendar

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i imagine lots of people who buy it will never once take it out of the box, much less play it

god knows ive never read a single word of the chapo book i bought

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The chapo book isn’t bad, very easy read. It also had the baller part Matt wrote about his old coworker, which justified the cost imo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

The board game is a funny gag but I know exactly zero people IRL who are on the level of irony needed to appreciate it

You need better friends?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Was the stav ep any good?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jippa posted:

Yeah.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Cheers.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I thought the board game was funny

i'm not gonna buy it but it is both funny and cool that they made it

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
It was somehow perfectly calibrated to make the most annoying people very mad.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't get how people slightly to the left or slightly to the right of their chilled out kind of hopeless political philosophy can get SO mad at them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Jippa posted:

somehow stav is absolutely 100% at his peak when he shows up on chapo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't get how people slightly to the left or slightly to the right of their chilled out kind of hopeless political philosophy can get SO mad at them.

You're terrible at Culture War. Just terrible.

That's probably a good thing, to be clear.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

UP AND ADAM posted:

Twitter is like Highlander. If I defeat Felix in Posting Combat I get all of his clout and, presumably, my podcast will take off.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Saw you at the Bass Pro Shop

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Halloween Jack posted:

Twitter is like Highlander. If I defeat Felix in Posting Combat I get all of his clout and, presumably, my podcast will take off.

This has replaced the old rules of the road for twitter which was if Felix doesn't respond to your attempts to riff with him then you must turn alt-right and swear a blood vendetta against him and the other chapos.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Scholtz posted:

Saw you at the Bass Pro Shop

More of a Cabela's man.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm pretty sure this is the old rules of the road; people were trying to Defeat Chapo way more in 2016.

Did Malekafzali mention Roqayah Chamseddine? There's a name I haven't heard in a while.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

UP AND ADAM posted:

pocket watching

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's still not up on Boardgame Geek though.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

It's extremely cool to literally and figuratively take a poo poo on Congress

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://youtu.be/ouQuYju3OnU?si=PWsyKIW9yztphOFa

Stavis story about his grandmother bringing chocofreta directly from Greece was nice

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Danger posted:

It was somehow perfectly calibrated to make the most annoying people very mad.

brace is the kwisatz haderach of trolling.

i still laugh at the burning man ebola thing.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You need better friends?

You want me to find friends who still use Twitter?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

You want me to find friends who still use Twitter?

Play it with your irl friends the way it was meant to be played

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://youtu.be/ouQuYju3OnU?si=PWsyKIW9yztphOFa

Stavis story about his grandmother bringing chocofreta directly from Greece was nice

insane way to spell that lol

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
There's no way the next episode isn't about this Bill Ackman guy right?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

adebisi lives posted:

There's no way the next episode isn't about this Bill Ackman guy right?

It’s been a pretty crazy week but no way Felix doesn’t make them talk about The Tunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

selec posted:

It’s been a pretty crazy week but no way Felix doesn’t make them talk about The Tunnel

Does Felix still do the show?